1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That body...

KLP6rJp.gif

New sculpt makes it ok? I like it but still no update on the body. Disappointing. I'll probably get it just because they'll likely never do it any better.

View attachment 461139

Yep I’m pretty much of the same thought. While I would love a new body, the chances are getting smaller and smaller.

I fear the screaming head sculpt will be the only thing they do to differentiate this one from the original. Oh and the blue pants.

If they do go by comments at SDCC I hope many people say the body sucks.

I guess depending on when this actually is put up for preorder and we get a release date we could wait it out for GotG 3 offerings ??

I'm also still curious about Drax. They've shown him with the screaming head sculpt. Nice, I'll take that for sure, but like I've said a million times, I'd still like to see the upper body improved ala HellBoy.

He has been very quietly shown in the cons. But I hope HT take lack of interest to not release him at all.

If so, perhaps the only hope is that he dies or something tragic happens to him in GotG 3 which enables Hot Toys to get more interest in the figure.

So apparently this guy is coming up for release soon at one of the Asian summer Toy Fairs.

I'll believe it when I see it. However I'm still not 100% sold on that body.

However I guess the screaming headsculpt should be OK.

suedrcnqoxa31.jpg

Did we ever get official promotional pictures for this ?

Nope. If they did he'd be on pre-order. I was hoping they'd take the chance to update at least the upper body like Hellboy for an Endgame figure and a GotG version in a year or two.

They still may have, I guess we'll see. But I'm not holding my breath. Especially considering he's not one of the top tier characters.

I know which one I'd prefer.......

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 17.45.29.jpg

Without a new body there is really no point to order him for any of us who already own the first version. Also screaming head is very limiting, as always.

Nope. If they did he'd be on pre-order. I was hoping they'd take the chance to update at least the upper body like Hellboy for an Endgame figure and a GotG version in a year or two.

They still may have, I guess we'll see. But I'm not holding my breath. Especially considering he's not one of the top tier characters.

I know which one I'd prefer.......

View attachment 488818

Same here. Or if they had an issue putting his raised tattoos on a rubber body they could have started with the Commando upper body. Frankly, I'd rather they went too big with the body than scrawny like they have now.

Attachments

• HT Commando.jpg
    HT Commando.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 382
So I was thinking of they can do a body like that for a stupid figure like Venomised Deadpool then surely they can do one for Drax V2 !!

Definitely need to comment this in any FB releases. Especially GotG releases like Gamora or Nebula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ For real man. No one is even going to buy that stupid figure probably, especially at that price. The body on drax was just lazy ******** and Dave should have given them hell about it.

So I was thinking of they can do a body like that for a stupid figure like Venomised Deadpool then surely they can do one for Drax V2 !!

Definitely need to comment this in any FB releases. Especially GotG releases like Gamora or Nebula.

We can't even get a Gamora V2 in a reasonable amount of time. i have zero hope for another Drax.

^ For real man. No one is even going to buy that stupid figure probably, especially at that price. The body on drax was just lazy ******** and Dave should have given them hell about it.

First, no need to crap on another figure because it has zero to do with another Drax getting made or not getting made.

Second, as someone who owns Drax, have you seen the amount of detail and sculpting put into that torso?
"Lazy" is not the word you would use to describe it. The figure was approved by Marvel, so Dave and his "team" there
must have liked something about it.

Properly posed original Drax isn't bad at all. I actually love him, along with the rest of Guardians.

Yep Drax is a great figure and has tons of detail just could have been a little bit thicker. I'm happy to have him in the collection

at this point I just want some third party to make the blue pants. With evidence of no complete body overhaul for the figure, that's the only difference.

at this point I just want some third party to make the blue pants. With evidence of no complete body overhaul for the figure, that's the only difference.

Ah but that's exactly the point. Hot Toys knows only blue pants won't sell another figure. They need to do more than that for people to upgrade or be convinced to buy.

So a better upper body using newer tech like for Hellboy or the Venom Deadpool figure is what they need to do.

That's my optimistic view.

In any case we won't see anything until closer to GotG 3 anyway. Which is a way off.

But I am a patient man.

Back