1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
somebody told me the first drax hot toys for vol1 took years to release due to licensing issues..

I'm pretty sure the second one will get released... just will take a long time...

1474d0f0b2a83f31eced3f92c6232987.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

somebody told me the first drax hot toys for vol1 took years to release due to licensing issues..

I'm pretty sure the second one will get released... just will take a long time...

Yes you're right. So thinking about it. I could totally imagine Dave Bautista or Disney not wanting to release a body likeness like that.

However if HT had already made a tool for the body then it's not an easy/cheap change to fix it. Hence the long negotiations.

If HT got the body right the second time I would imagine the licencing or likeness release would be like any other figure.

Yes you're right. So thinking about it. I could totally imagine Dave Bautista or Disney not wanting to release a body likeness like that.

However if HT had already made a tool for the body then it's not an easy/cheap change to fix it. Hence the long negotiations.

If HT got the body right the second time I would imagine the licencing or likeness release would be like any other figure.

They should have never made that body so inaccurate in the 1st place. It looks nothing like Dave.

I don’t think the torso is so bad, the arms needed to be beefier. I feel like if they resulted the arms and kept the torso and headsculpt it would be much better and shouldn’t really take to much time. Also curious if maybe they use a digital program for making the bodies because then they could tweak it quicker

I don’t think the torso is so bad, the arms needed to be beefier. I feel like if they resulted the arms and kept the torso and headsculpt it would be much better and shouldn’t really take to much time. Also curious if maybe they use a digital program for making the bodies because then they could tweak it quicker

I agree. They only need to re-do the upper torso and maybe the arms. It's certainly not a full body re-tool. However time is the healer of all wounds. I'm sure they didn't want to revisit that topic after whatever actually happened. However it's been a while, Jams Gunn is back and involved. Perhaps that will be enough for HT to re-look into improving Drax for GotG 3 at the latest.

I agree. They only need to re-do the upper torso and maybe the arms. It's certainly not a full body re-tool. However time is the healer of all wounds. I'm sure they didn't want to revisit that topic after whatever actually happened. However it's been a while, Jams Gunn is back and involved. Perhaps that will be enough for HT to re-look into improving Drax for GotG 3 at the latest.

For me personally, I just really want a Drax from vol 2. I own all the deluxe vol2 figures except for Gamora which is on preorder so my OCD for completing a line is on high! In the end I’ll live with whatever hot Toys does for Drax just to have a complete line hahah I’m honestly not like that for my other figure but I was able to make piece with not needing the entire line but GOTG2 I just need it. Even though I didn’t buy the 1:4 groots

Need this body type for Drax V2.0 Hot Toys !

Just have him ready for Endgame or GotG Vol 3 and we'll all be happy. [emoji108]

a47cd1ca9727ea1c92e9ae7ce694bab4.jpg

Back