1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember that custom weathered 3PO and I'm pretty sure it was a different member here but I can't remember his name off the top of my head. I do also remember that he sold it on eBay, who knows who has that masterpiece now.

I imagine the HT OT 3PO is now at least three years away as they will probably let this one ship out first.

I did some trawling and @james the cat posted these pics - I seem to remember more prominent grease streaks on it, maybe I'm confusing two different weathered versions. But it looks great here:

View attachment 216937View attachment 216938View attachment 216939
"I had to weather mine it looked too clean like he'd come out of the showroom or something

But he his a terrific figure weathered or unweathered"

Last edited:
I did some trawling and @james the cat posted these pics - I seem to remember more prominent grease streaks on it, maybe I'm confusing two different weathered versions. But it looks great here:

View attachment 216937View attachment 216938View attachment 216939
I had to weather mine it looked too clean like he'd come out of the showroom or something

But he his a terrific figure weathered or unweathered

That is the one!

I have the Tamashii too but I lack both the skill and cajones to weather it up.

They’re all reasonable except for Threepio. That’s a mentally high price for such a basic figure. Diecast is such a con. A minuscule amount in his feet would be the only way it could add value- beyond the delusion of it actually equating to a higher quality product- because that would at least aid with stability.
Then again, this price (before shipping) is actually less than I paid for the Sideshow Threepio from Collectibles Direct so that kind of helps me to swallow the cost…

I slapped a bunch of them in my basket at KGH to see how that impacted shipping.
Basically, it’s £31 for any single figure standard shipping and then standard and EMS cost the same so two figures is £67, three is £90, 4 is £117etc. so it’s essentially £30 per figure no matter how you do it with a minuscule benefit to packing them together.
You’d think the price would level out between 2-5kg but I guess they don’t actually know the exact weight of any of these yet.
Prices of actual HTs going up sucks but shipping is the main killer for me these days.

I’m getting Threepio, R2 and one Battle Droid for now so I can pose with the mismatched heads and maybe have R2 flying or dragging another of the three C-3PO heads I’ll have.

Might pick up a shiny Clone and another BD from TBA when they release.
I've only ever used Hong Kong Express Post and never paid over £15 for postage for a standard boxed HT figure from them.

Strange that HT appears to have gone with a different - and less accurate - face sculpt for the AOTC 3PO vs their TFA 3PO prototype shown years ago.

That TFA head looked very good - this AOTC one has Sideshow 3PO vibes, the face being the weak part of the SSC fig.

Size of the pistons suggests elbows are articulated… otherwise what’s the point? Possible one set of switch out hands could be articulated and others fixed, but Tamashii’s are all fixed, At this price point you’d at least want moving elbows.
I hope they are, as for the price HT are asking...working pistons and articulated fingers should be a given, along with the light up feature. Sound effects should have been included as well(R2 has them).

The specs listing on SS is all very vague, and doesn't say what's Diecast or what's articulated. I'm guessing "Contains diecast material" means a few bits on the arms and legs like Robocop.

Strange that HT appears to have gone with a different - and less accurate - face sculpt for the AOTC 3PO vs their TFA 3PO prototype shown years ago.

That TFA head looked very good - this AOTC one has Sideshow 3PO vibes, the face being the weak part of the SSC fig.
Wow, you're right. That previous version looked massively better. How the hell could they have gotten it so wrong this time?

At this rate I would gladly take this TFA 3PO with the ridiculous red arm over the weird and inaccurate AOTC version.

1125x682_previewbanner__902801_HTC3PO.jpg

Wow, you're right. That previous version looked massively better. How the hell could they have gotten it so wrong this time?

At this rate I would gladly take this TFA 3PO with the ridiculous red arm over the weird and inaccurate AOTC version.

View attachment 575639
Yeah that proto 3PO may be as much T-FAT as TFA - he seems to be carrying a few extra pounds (perhaps due HT capturing AD's more mature ST-era frame) - but it just looks to be a more accurate sculpt overall than the AOTC version.

That TFA 3PO does include the (very minor) sculpt differences between ST 3PO and OT 3PO beyond the red arm, but it would still be a great OT 3PO even with the slightly fatter look.

It's like they took 3POs face and just squished it down. Really bizarre. They had it right on that old prototype. Looked pretty much spot on with that one.

Downgraded face after all this time.

Yeah that proto 3PO may be as much T-FAT as TFA - he seems to be carrying a few extra pounds (perhaps due HT capturing AD's more mature ST-era frame) - but it just looks to be a more accurate sculpt overall than the AOTC version.

That TFA 3PO does include the (very minor) sculpt differences between ST 3PO and OT 3PO beyond the red arm, but it would still be a great OT 3PO even with the slightly fatter look.
Well pretty sure that's accurate to TFA. I remember reading at the time that Anthony Daniels had requested the suit be widened out to be more comfortable in the sequels, and you can definitely tell that it was.

I've only ever used Hong Kong Express Post and never paid over £15 for postage for a standard boxed HT figure from them.
You either live in some magical part of the U.K. that gets 50% off shipping or you’re in for an unpleasant surprise next time you shop there.
As best as I can tell, £31 is the new base rate for regular 1/6 figures. Only loose bodies, phicens or accessories come up cheaper for me.

Wow, after seeing this comp pics he does look really off. Didn’t really notice at first but now I can’t not see it. Shame.
i will grab R2 because I sold my deluxe a while back and really regret it. I like this R2 more because of the extra weathering.

Excited to finally see 3po get a release……but it is not the shiny classic version. Will wait for that version and not spend on this one.

By the time we get our diecast vac metal chromed ANH 3PO from HT he will be $400. :gah:

Enjoy the $330 for this AOTC version... :lol

Back