1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collectors regard diecast only second to beskar or adamantium, depending on what they collect.

This is the correct answer right here. People act like diecast is Jesus Christ with a bullet. I dont get it.

I would derive a great deal of evil pleasure out of a diecast Hulkbuster announcement, and then a bunch of wailing about how it crashed the owner's detolf shelves.

Last edited:
The eyes are horrendous.

I want the gold version, but if they release with eyes like that, they can keep it.

Last edited:
No idea where Justin and others were getting this claim from that there's no diecast on the dome when the product description specifically mentions it.
No idea why people put so much faith in random toy Youtubers as if they know any more than the rest of us. None of them are employees of Hot Toys and have no insider/industry knowledge. They have ZERO authority in this hobby.

And what's up with Justin's bizarre voice-over? It's as if he wants to sound like Richard Attenborough, but fails miserably trying to hide his Australian accent pausing between every other word. He wasn't like this when he started out. Getting successful on YouTube seems to turn people into weirdos which is strange (or par for the course) with Justin who used to post photos of himself riding private jets, driving exotic cars and showing-off his Rolex.

Last edited:
It still makes me retch that the Diecast branding has finally come to a Star Wars figure (that’s not diminutive like R2-D2 which kept pricing at bay).

Diecast is the ultimate buzzword Hot Toys uses as an excuse to charge exorbitant amounts for a mostly plastic figure plus a few ounces of cheap metal.

I hope they don’t try to push a Diecast armored figure on us some day, like Vader or Mando. $450 Ultimate Diecast Deluxe ROTJ Vader with full head sculpt and landing platform diorama base or $400 Diecast Kenobi Vader with detachable mechanical limbs. The horror.

It still makes me retch that the Diecast branding has finally come to a Star Wars figure (that’s not diminutive like R2-D2 which kept pricing at bay).

Diecast is the ultimate buzzword Hot Toys uses as an excuse to charge exorbitant amounts for a mostly plastic figure plus a few ounces of cheap metal.

I hope they don’t try to push a Diecast armored figure on us some day, like Vader or Mando. $450 Ultimate Diecast Deluxe ROTJ Vader with full head sculpt and landing platform diorama base or $400 Diecast Kenobi Vader with detachable mechanical limbs. The horror.

$550 "Beskar"diecast Mando incoming then! 😉

well done, you found the worst picture of her. I've seen pictures where Padme doesn't look great either. Besides, HT are notorious for excelling at older head sculpts so Jocasta makes absolute sense.
…Apart from the fact that she’s an absolute nothing of a character in the movie. It’s not happening in a million years so there’s no point even pretending there’s a discussion to be had.

I’m much more interested in seeing these images of Padme not looking great. Even on her worst day, she’s still a young Natalie Portman, so let’s see what you got.

well done, you found the worst picture of her. I've seen pictures where Padme doesn't look great either. Besides, HT are notorious for excelling at older head sculpts so Jocasta makes absolute sense.
1652099432950.gif

PO'd the friends. I hope in the future we get a common Tatooine base, like the ss pf. Custom works.
c-3po-and-r2-d2_star-wars_gallery_5c4c26ab2e7ce.jpg

The "power up" door seems to be closed on this version. The one on the left center attaches to the cord and mini light-up power battery on the previous one. Hopefully that mini door opens.

Golden Rod version with 'golden rod' accessory or fail Hot Toys...
Well, if Hot Toys refers to the classic Topps card from ‘77, then Golden Rod should be accurate!

Attachments

• FF7025E8-70AF-464C-884B-5C24737A1279.jpeg
    FF7025E8-70AF-464C-884B-5C24737A1279.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 0
Back