1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing these pictures all I can think of is Creepio from the Auralnauts videos.

“Behold, my SINGULARITY ENGINE!!”
“Do you see me NOW, Father!?”

“YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS”

311F858C-0F4A-46DF-8666-B80B78E3AAEE.jpeg

The one thing that I think HT is consistently good at is weathering. That 3PO looks really good from that perspective. Although I just looked down at my Mando Tusken and he's squeaky clean, so there are outliers :)

Going from the promo pics 3PO is a piss poor attempt from HT and a backward step in engineering.

The swap out hands instead of articulated fingers is disappointing enough, but it also looks like the elbow pistons aren't movable either! And the head sculpt is cartoony looking as well. :mad:

The weathering is it's only saving grace...

Going from the promo pics 3PO is a piss poor attempt from HT and a backward step in engineering.

The swap out hands instead of articulated fingers is disappointing enough, but it also looks like the elbow pistons aren't movable either! And the head sculpt is cartoony looking as well. :mad:

The weathering is it's only saving grace...

Maybe they are movable? I don't know. Hard to tell...

1651675745028.png

Oh, save up to 25%... so they're finally letting The Force Awakens stormies go for 25% off?

The Hot Toys figures will get 10% off max, the higher percentage off will go to their in stock Sideshow figures. 25% off will go to stuff like art prints or other stuff.

As expected, just a handful of Hot Toys figures are 10% off with code MAY4TH10.

Rex, 501st, Shoretroopers, Scout, Scout and bike, Lando, Mando and Child, IG-11, and the Jet Troopers.

Did not expect any figures to be 25% off.

I'm not sure why they bothered with the diecast on this. With all the weathering you'd never be able to tell, and it still looks about as plastic as the Sideshow version in the end.
So they can charge more silly...

People love Diecast. Cheap metal adds weight thus making everything better.. :monkey3 :monkey3

As expected, just a handful of Hot Toys figures are 10% off with code MAY4TH10.

Rex, 501st, Shoretroopers, Scout, Scout and bike, Lando, Mando and Child, IG-11, and the Jet Troopers.

Did not expect any figures to be 25% off.

Not even the deluxe 501st, only the vanilla version. They might be close to selling them through. 🤔

Back