1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 650D46/651 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - C3PO & R2D2 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how many ppl will repaint this version of 3PO to the shiny gold look “just in case” HT doesn’t make one? I have a feeling we’ll see it happen, probably from the guys who tend to do the iron man repaints

Popcultcha preorder prices are up.
Fffff
Screenshot_20220506-192927_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220506-192949_Chrome.jpg

The Tamashii on Sideshow was $400USD, and $320USD in SE Asia stores, and that was a few years back (the Oz dollar was 1.10 then instead of the 0.70 it is now). R2 was $290USD on Sideshow and $250 in SE Asia. I suppose in this context the prices aren’t so outrageous.

Now that this exists, I bet we could see a HT 4-Lom in the near future for no specific reason.

The weathering on this R2 looks great. So the dome really isn't metal? Great paint on it if so.
The dome is diecast and gives the HT versions better weight in-hand compared to the Sideshow Astromechs.

The dome is diecast and gives the HT versions better weight in-hand compared to the Sideshow Astromechs.
Apparently this R2 has gone for a plastic dome due to the opening head compartments that allow for the ‘arms’ to be attached.
So HT can’t even use the diecast fallacy to justify its price.

Oh yes -- I think the HT R2 units are better than SSC, but I was referring to Justin's preview which stated the dome on this one is plastic.

Apparently this R2 has gone for a plastic dome due to the opening head compartments that allow for the ‘arms’ to be attached.
So HT can’t even use the diecast fallacy to justify its price.
That wasn't an issue with the metal-domed Deluxe R2.

Does it bother anyone else that R2 has no base?
Nope. The vast majority of HT bases look cheap to me and detract from the figures.

It does have a metal dome:

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=1059
(The last version had the attachable arms too).
Thanks, Justin was just talking crazy then.

I was also sharing info based on item description and my own previous knowledge. I own both prior HT R2 units and the majority of Sideshow’s Astromech releases. As Asta said, the last HT Deluxe R2 has both compartments for attachable arms and the diecast dome.

I don’t watch JC anymore and had no idea he was speaking out his arse about this product.

No idea where Justin and others were getting this claim from that there's no diecast on the dome when the product description specifically mentions it.

Back