1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Just a couple quick pics. He really does look great. I was going for a come at me look. The rifle that he comes with for Rocket looks awesome. Probably my new favorite weapon for Rocket. This is my first time posting pictures, hope they come out ok.
5848822785e054fcd9a0adb59ed3c7fa.jpg
ab99854dbb944c1b5f78f5af3254c19c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Got my second Yondu in today. Thinking I may just keep him and display him each of the fins on. Let's hope the wife doesnt notice.

20180720_181904.jpg

You'll be told that delays are at the whim of the distributor and they have no control over it.

Look at it this way. BBTS pays SS for stock. SS has been paid, they don't care what happens to the product from here on out.

Now SS has been losing customers to BBTS's attractive incentives like pile of loot and $4 shipping.

By poisioning customer relations with BBTS by having extensive delays, they slowly will starve out people, making them say "I don't want to wait until BBTS has my figure 2 months later - why is it taking so long?" They then spike the ****** $22 shipping and get their figure early from SS. SS has been paid by both BBTS and a customer now. So they come out on top, and sell an extra figure at their set price, not at the wholesale cost retailers get.

I still say they don't have to sell to BBTS. Easiest way to keep customers but it seems like SSC is getting a lot bigger anyway.

So i guess SSC did not have a extensive delay with this one and the MK 5 shipped about ten days after SS shipped so can we agree there is no conspiracy? The owner of timewalker even jumped in another thread awhile back to kill rumors like these.

Mine is also on the way.

Yeah I don’t see that as the issue either. I mean Secret base was late on the mk6 and Spider-Man and I don’t think that had anything to do with some strategy. Sometimes things get held up. If Sideshow was intentionally slowing down product to Bbts all Bbts would have to do is call hot toys Corp and ssc could lose it’s distribution deal. Don’t see how selling a few extra figure is worth that risk. Not to mention actions like that get around the community (the retailers) and if a couple refuse to deal with Sideshow then Sideshow is in trouble.

I still say they don't have to sell to BBTS. Easiest way to keep customers but it seems like SSC is getting a lot bigger anyway.

So i guess SSC did not have a extensive delay with this one and the MK 5 shipped about ten days after SS shipped so can we agree there is no conspiracy? The owner of timewalker even jumped in another thread awhile back to kill rumors like these.

Mine is also on the way.
I hope you're right dude! I get that it's a but tinfoil hatty, but something has been up. Maybe it's just logistics or what not - who knows. I once called and asked when the Arkham Joker was coming in, since mine was with BBTS as SS had pre-sold out. The lady said to me that retailers will receive once all preorders had been fulfilled by SS direct customers. So maybe that's the hold out and what introduces the variability.

It's good to see a more timely release again, I set up my POL to dispatch next week with Yondu and Gladiathor. Very excited for both.

Great pics Clutch007! :clap

Yeah I don’t see that as the issue either. I mean Secret base was late on the mk6 and Spider-Man and I don’t think that had anything to do with some strategy. Sometimes things get held up. If Sideshow was intentionally slowing down product to Bbts all Bbts would have to do is call hot toys Corp and ssc could lose it’s distribution deal. Don’t see how selling a few extra figure is worth that risk. Not to mention actions like that get around the community (the retailers) and if a couple refuse to deal with Sideshow then Sideshow is in trouble.

I hope you're right dude! I get that it's a but tinfoil hatty, but something has been up. Maybe it's just logistics or what not - who knows. I once called and asked when the Arkham Joker was coming in, since mine was with BBTS as SS had pre-sold out. The lady said to me that retailers will receive once all preorders had been fulfilled by SS direct customers. So maybe that's the hold out and what introduces the variability.

It's good to see a more timely release again, I set up my POL to dispatch next week with Yondu and Gladiathor. Very excited for both.

Well, I hope this is right, and maybe these retailer delays are mainly on the most popular figures where SS has a mountain of pre-orders to fulfill before they send stock to BBTS and others, but I’m not yet fully convinced. I think SS is getting exposed and embarrassed for their shipping costs, and NRDs, etc and may very well be forcing collectors to make a cost/value decision at the point of sale asking ourselves do I pay more and get the figure two or three months earlier or not?

But if it’s true that it’s nothing more than supply logistics, then BBTS and Alter Ego, etc need to issue some sort of a clarifying statement (like Timewalker may have?) to lay this out for us more clearly because people are getting angry with BBTS in a individual personal way for issues that are fully out of their control (whether it’s. SS conspiracy or not). How many comments in this thread alone about being “done with them”?

To those who think that the SS sandbagging idea is unreasonable because SS cold just eliminate all competition by simply not selling to any secondary parties, keep this in mind. For every Yondu out there that sells out in pre-order, there are probably ten figures like all the variants of First Order Storm Troopers that sit on shelves and in stockrooms for months unsold until even Sideshow (in the case of the FOTs) resorts to basically giving them away. That an extreme example, but you can still pick up Rey/BB8 sets and Finn figures and many others at retail just about anywhere. The point is SS will never cut these retailers out because they purchase entire lines of these figures in bulk. That is an irreplaceable income stream for SSC that allows them to pay their staff, develop their own offerings, and maintain their lucrative exclusive arrangement with Hot Toys and others.

SSC holds just about all the cards for the US market for our hobby. That gives them a tremendous amount of control. I don’t think it’s too far fetched for them to flex those muscles on occasion to make collectors take a second look at what buying direct does for them despite the Shipping/NRD package they have been requiring of us in recent years.

Just to give my two cents (I’m also waiting on BBTS). When it comes to SS I would buy a lot more from them directly if there shipping didn’t take so long. The NDR doesn’t bother me even. The high cost, compared to other places I buy from, wouldn’t bother me if I got my figures sooner than a week after shipping. Closest example is popculturezone they charge a NDR but ship priority mail. It not only cost less to ship but I have it in 3 days. That’s my biggest reason against SS it cost more for slower shipping. I’d rather go bbts for 4.00 shipping and same speed as SS.
On the note of the figure I can’t wait for BBTS to get him. Just hope it’s after my Ultron Prime ships so I can use the store credit from buying him towards Yondu.

Agreed. I’ve purchased several figures from Popculcha shipping from Australia. Never paid a NRD, and received my shipments faster and considerably less expensively than SSC shipping from Cali. Same goes for Alterego where I even collect Reward Points.

If it were an even a paying field, SSC would not be able to keep up their practices, so..... *Tilt*.

My Yondu is on its way. Finally.

I ordered the deluxe from BBTS. It dropped into my pile of loot yesterday.

IMG_1288.jpg
Just got Star Lord! Damn they look good together!

Nice dynamic poses Pitu!!

Back