1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

I love the smirk on his face - it's just enough of an expression and it really makes the sculpt, IMO. And no deer in headlights eyes, either.

The whiskers around the face are amazing.

I'm so thrilled my favorite GOTG character looks this incredible.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

:exactly:

In my headcanon and on my shelf, he's still a member of the Guardians. Screw GOTG3. :lol

It was well done. I still would've rather had him alive at the end, though. :dunno And a full character arc doesn't have to mean death at the end.

I still love the movie. But yeah.

Now that we have a great Rooker, can we get a Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer version please!

I think remember seeing from JC posting that this was a digital sculpt which isn't usually what HT uses. Most of thier sculptors are traditional.

I assume by digital sculpt you mean 3D digital capture of the actors head. Or simply sculpting in computer 3D ? Either way, if this is the result, then they should use it more often !

If it is digital capture, then it comes down to rights, royalties, property etc etc. Then I could understand they maybe can't do it all the time.

If the actor cared about a HT figure likeness, then perhaps he'd do it for free. Rooker comes across to me as that sort of guy.

Really wish the preorder would hit on this guy, hoping he is on our shelves by next summer.

As much as I hope for the preorder asap, it sure is depressing hearing when we will actually get him........next summer ! Man !

3D sculpted not scanned.

I assume by digital sculpt you mean 3D digital capture of the actors head. Or simply sculpting in computer 3D ? Either way, if this is the result, then they should use it more often !

If it is digital capture, then it comes down to rights, royalties, property etc etc. Then I could understand they maybe can't do it all the time.

If the actor cared about a HT figure likeness, then perhaps he'd do it for free. Rooker comes across to me as that sort of guy.

3D sculpted not scanned.

OK, then they should try more PC 3D sculpture. Certainly works for Yondu !

I know it's probably easier to twirl a little head sculpt around in your fingers, but "the world has moved on". 3D modelling of stuff has been around a long time now.

I guess this'll spark an argument between engineering vs craftspeople or something. Anyway bring it on.

Where'd you hear it was a scan?

No scan, a 3D sculpt on PC, rather than a physical sculpt. Robbie said he'd read/heard possibly JC Hong had said that.

P.S Why does the fire on your sword keep going out ? Like trying to light a gas burner :):rotfl

1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: Yondu Collectible Figure

Tonight or Thursday.

Yeah I agree. HT need to release something from another franchise before they open the flood gates for all those new Star Wars figures for Force Friday. :rotfl:rotfl :hi5:

No scan, a 3D sculpt on PC, rather than a physical sculpt. Robbie said he'd read/heard possibly JC Hong had said that.

P.S Why does the fire on your sword keep going out ? Like trying to light a gas burner :):rotfl

I must change it. Not as impressive as i hoped.

OK, then they should try more PC 3D sculpture. Certainly works for Yondu !

I know it's probably easier to twirl a little head sculpt around in your fingers, but "the world has moved on". 3D modelling of stuff has been around a long time now.

I guess this'll spark an argument between engineering vs craftspeople or something. Anyway bring it on.

3D sculpting is a just tool. It doesn't matter if it's clay or computer, it still requires a very skilled artist to create. Even though 3D modeling has been around for some time, the technology of printing has been a hindrance. It's not been till recently that the prints have gotten sufficient for this craft.

You'd think they would combine the two approaches together. Then if 3D prints are not accurate enough they would be touched up by hand.

Perhaps that's what they do do. Makes sense.

Back