1/4: Hot Toys - QS009 - Batman Begins - Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up just flipping the base around to have him stand on the flat surface of the stand, as shown in this old pic. So annoying how hot toys does that with bases.

5cdc70d2a04977b37e95a695b4d437e3.jpg

I don't think I'll ever like the cowl and narrow neck on the Dark Knight version of the suit, not to mention all the armour, but I understand why many prefer it. Certainly very sleek and cool looking. The begins suit is just more how I picture Batman.

As much as I like the TDK suit, it still bothers me how it looks like he's missing his trapezius muscle. BB suit has a big strong neck, makes him look tough. TDK suit also didn't let the cape cover his whole body (BB style). The BB suit just looks more like what I think of Batman, but I still think they both look really cool in their own way.

I ended up just flipping the base around to have him stand on the flat surface of the stand, as shown in this old pic. So annoying how hot toys does that with bases.

5cdc70d2a04977b37e95a695b4d437e3.jpg

I wish Hot Toys would allow those extra pieces to just pop off. It's the reason I don't use DC War Machine Mark 1's base.

c80d1a71a0d7145e47dae2d8acca0e8c.jpg

The Begins suit is like an animal. I love it. Wish they could add a faceplate to do this pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I'll ever like the cowl and narrow neck on the Dark Knight version of the suit, not to mention all the armour, but I understand why many prefer it. Certainly very sleek and cool looking. The begins suit is just more how I picture Batman.

I've never liked that Bat-suit and I think it's safe to say by now I never will. I just think it's goofy as ****.

I've never liked that Bat-suit and I think it's safe to say by now I never will. I just think it's goofy as ****.

While I don't necessarily mind the design of it. I do think it's funny how it's supposed to make him faster and more agile yet you see him move just as slow in the TDK suit as he does in the BB suit. Even in TDKR, when he saves Blake at the end from all those goons it's like watching him in slow motion but that's just how slow he's actually moving :lol yet we have Affleck in this beefy bulky suit and he moves lightning fast.

All that said, the BB suit is definitely my favorite out of the two. Agreed with the feeling of the BB suit just being beastly and actually intimidating

While I don't necessarily mind the design of it. I do think it's funny how it's supposed to make him faster and more agile yet you see him move just as slow in the TDK suit as he does in the BB suit. Even in TDKR, when he saves Blake at the end from all those goons it's like watching him in slow motion but that's just how slow he's actually moving :lol yet we have Affleck in this beefy bulky suit and he moves lightning fast.

All that said, the BB suit is definitely my favorite out of the two. Agreed with the feeling of the BB suit just being beastly and actually intimidating

At the end of TDKR, I always wanted him to go back to wearing the Begins suit for the final fight with Bane. Since the Dark Knight mask was broken and presumably Bane took the rest of the suit off him when he put him in the prison, I felt it made sense that he only had the Begins suit left. I would have loved to see Bane fighting against the big beastly Begins suit.

Plus didn't the costume designers for the first movie intend for the Begins suit to only be seen in darker settings? I remember Nolan or someone else saying it looked cheap in broad daylight, which is something they specifically tried to rectify with the Dark Knight suit (and why you see much more daytime shots with it).

I would've loved seeing him face Bane in the Begins suit though. Would've been an awesome end to the trilogy.

Plus didn't the costume designers for the first movie intend for the Begins suit to only be seen in darker settings? I remember Nolan or someone else saying it looked cheap in broad daylight, which is something they specifically tried to rectify with the Dark Knight suit (and why you see much more daytime shots with it).

I would've loved seeing him face Bane in the Begins suit though. Would've been an awesome end to the trilogy.

Those daytime scenes in TDKR were weird as hell though. Look at me, I am walking in the middle of the road on Wallstreet.

I preferred the Begins suit until TDKR when I saw that it really was a functional suit that could be shot in daylight. I really started to appreciate how all the pieces came together to form "armour" that also allowed freedom of movement. I still really like the Begins suit as the more "traditional" film design.

I felt it was weird to have Batman walk down the street in broad daylight at the end of TDKR. That aspect of the film is so different in comparison to Begins.

Going to try and wait till harley comes in on the 5th to use a code.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Back