Prop 1:1 Batman Cowls?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSCN1760.jpg

Where did you get the Batman begins cowl?:clap

I've got a coofunkcurly begins cowl. Beautiful piece too, but I've got it up on the for sale board to free some cash for more HT. Couldn't accommodate both in the space I've got.

B%25286%2529.JPG

Beautiful collection JEDSTER. Returns cowl really is the best loking Batman mask ever made. Begins and TDK's were really designed to work with a face underneath, meaning that the props alone look rather bland, but work very nicely with the actor and the rest of the costume. There are some facial line details there, that can make the actor's face look really fierce.

Question: are the official replica cowls(Noble Collection, Toynami) wearable?
Also is there any good looking, cheaper alternative the the Toynami returns cowl? Most of the amateur props I saw on Ebay, were pretty bad.

Last edited:
Couse it is a Returns Cowl Dude. :)
The 89 version didn't look that good. Returns cowl is basicaly a sleeker, sexier version of the original. Its more or less the same design, but it had more refined lines and proportions. Plus the production values on that movie were higher, so the cowl didn't have that cheap, rubber cosplay look, when viewed up close.

Beautiful collection JEDSTER. Returns cowl really is the best loking Batman mask ever made. Begins and TDK's were really designed to work with a face underneath, meaning that the props alone look rather bland, but work very nicely with the actor and the rest of the costume. There are some facial line details there, that can make the actor's face look really fierce.

Question: are the official replica cowls(Noble Collection, Toynami) wearable?
Also is there any good looking, cheaper alternative the the Toynami returns cowl? Most of the amateur props I saw on Ebay, were pretty bad.

No, the official replicas from Noble and Toynami are not wearable.

Hi guys, at one time or another I have owned all those cowls and I paid$350 for a decent Returns cowl but they are cheaper now $250 etc. But be cautious who you ask, Warners are not very happy when money is made from there Icons without consent.

Last edited:
Couse it is a Returns Cowl Dude. :)
The 89 version didn't look that good. Returns cowl is basicaly a sleeker, sexier version of the original. Its more or less the same design, but it had more refined lines and proportions. Plus the production values on that movie were higher, so the cowl didn't have that cheap, rubber cosplay look, when viewed up close.

uhmmm.... coz it's a BATMAN RETURNS cowl not the '89 cowl.

:slap:slap:slap

You threw me off by having 2 Returns side by side.

2 BATMAN RETURNS cowls side by side ?
I only have 1.

Batman Begins cowl, TDK cowl, Returns cowl and Forever cowl.

Most people don't notice stuff is from Batman Forever if it doesn't have nipples on it....

Most people don't notice stuff is from Batman Forever if it doesn't have nipples on it....

double :slap
I havent' seen Forever in so long that I didn't even recognize it. I never realized the Forever looked so much like the Burton cowls.

But I'll shut up now cause I keep making a fool of myself :)

There's definitely similarities, i think they tried to keep the look somewhat cohesive through the movies, though they obviously threw everything else out the window. The suit's mainly seemed to just get more refined and sleeker as they progressed. Honestly B&R and Forever's suits are almost identical when just looking at them, i know they are different suits made for different people but still they look almost the same.

As for cowls returns is definitely different:
keatonbatman.jpg

Very square and rigid, also keatons face very large and prominent in the cowl, he had the sharpest straightest looking ears really.

Then with similar length and shape you had Forever:
kilmerbatman.jpg

Subtle differences, obviously Kilmer's face is much smaller in the cowl and for some reason i do not understand to this day, Kilmers head never seemed to fit correctly in either of the cowls he wore as the ear was always cocked on the one side where the other was straight. I never figured out why that was.

Then back to straight and sharp with B&R:
clooneybatman.jpg

Bigger face like keaton but the sleeker sharper cowl like the panther suit kilmer wore.

There was also the fact that both the 89 and Returns suits had the large spiked flaring on the bottom of the cowl, and the panther suits versions in Forever and B&R just had a neck line connecting to the Emblem.

Infrno is hard to get a hold off though.

I am still waiting for his reply. Because I want a full Batman Begins suit.

The Return Cowl is the best ever made...and the SS/Toynami one is so awesome...:yess:..here is mine and some shots from the movie..:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back