Prop 1:1 Batman Cowls?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That does look awesome thanks for the pics!
I'm currently debating going for a custom 89 cowl or shelling out for this..its the price that's putting me off :(

No problem.:wink1:
About the price:It sounds a lot for a cowl..but its very heavy fiberglas and an awesome Utilitybeltstand comes with it.I like that it is fiberglas and no latex,because the shape is much better and it feels like real armor!:)

Here's the picture of my bust as it is currently sitting on my speaker.
Batman-PJWCowl-small.jpg

Looks great...but it´s a 89 Batmanversion,right?I love the movie.I think the 89 cowl is not so smooth and sharp like the 92 return version..it´s like a raw version of the 92 cowl.The only thing I don´t like is the batmanlogo.I´m looking for a 89 version,too.Is yours out of fiberglas?

Yup, that is the '89, cast from screen used. And no, I wasn't able to get a fiberglass version. They are not offered to people at all, meaning I couldn't do the display I wanted, which was to mimic the Toynami Batman Returns bust shown earlier, so that's why I got a sculpted Batman Returns Michael Keaton bust to go with it, but they don't fit together exactly, as that was made for the Returns cowl and not the '89 cowl.

Ah,understand..but looks great together.It is possible to make a fiberglasversion from the 89mold,too.Fiberglas 89 and return cowl..together...a dream.:yess:

Last edited:
Latex is great for a batman costume.But for a display fiberglas is the best material.

I should be getting the Hollywood Collector's Gallery/Toynami Batman Returns Cowl in the next week or two. I pre-ordered it back in October since the first run was already sold out. It doesn't seem like you can find it anywhere for less than $700 now.

I should be getting the Hollywood Collector's Gallery/Toynami Batman Returns Cowl in the next week or two. I pre-ordered it back in October since the first run was already sold out. It doesn't seem like you can find it anywhere for less than $700 now.

Its even harder to find in the Uk! :(

I became the last one from a good friend in a toystore here in germany.Now sold out,too.Hope you guys can get one in the next time...an awesome piece,really.:)

Hey guys, new to forum. Quick hi:wave

I just received my second cowl from a guy called inkmonkey on the BOTB. A poly urethane TDK. This guy does a few different ones also and fairly cheap.

Mine is for display and wear as I also have a full on movie replica suit being made, this will be for cons and charity work.

Previously got a suit and this for sale at he mo, all the TDK armour for the suit.

If you guys want or need cowls pop over to the rpf forums :) loads usually for sale in the junkyard area (make sure your signed up)

The Replica Propforum | Informing you on the great information

Much cheaper than buying a toynami

Ive got a full on TDK suit Im selling and getting a new one built at the moment. I know a few people who do excellent cowls, give me a shout if you want to know!

Here is my suit Im selling :)

suitup1.jpg

Back