Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a great comparison but thankfully ZS blows MB out of the water :yess:

MB, now that truly is a hack lol

I want a ZS Godzilla movie!

Slo Mo Gojira :panic:

Last edited:
The
It was a genius creative choice to have the teeth return as it is an artistic hint of the re-birth to come that subconsciously primes the audience for his return via magic that defies our preconceived notions of reality.

Or it was a continuity error because teeth being knocked out in slowmo and forgotten looks coooool.

Looks to me like she knocked out four molars or premolars. In fact they are clearly that if you pause and look at their shape. Molars are in the back of the mouth.

Where is all this "hate" they keep talking about?

Not liking a movie doesn't equal "hate."

You wanna talk HATE? I ****ing HATE Disney SW. HAAATTTTTEEEEE. Go read any of my posts about those movies if you wanna see pure unbridled venomous LOATHING from the very depths of my black soul.

This movie? It was just..."meh." Not hate. No emotion at all. Tried it. Not my thing. Whatever.

Anyway....maybe I missed something cause I wasn't paying super close attention by this point, but the main bad guy had gross scar tissue all over his body. I thought it was related to his octopus-lover thing, but apparently it's so he can "commune" with the Emperor in the Matrix pod.

So presumably, only people with those hideous scars can do the communion thing, right? Kora has no scars, so she can't do it......right?

Also, wasn't he dead after that insanely long fall? Big deal, they just zap him with some energy and he's fine now. Doesn't that take away all the drama? The bad guy is immortal. Can anyone be brought back to life in the Lazuras Pit thing? Are there any stakes or drama at all if death means nothing?

Also, remember how she knocked his teeth out in slo-mo when she delivered the death blow that knocked him off the tower? How come his corpse had all its teeth even before they reanimated him?

Haha, well, that's about as close as I expect to see of a ringing endorsement from you! 😁

Answered this in another post but those are molars or premolars which are located in the back of the mouth.

noble's molars.png

Actually one possible plothole I see for that scene is that the staff that Noble uses is either coated in bronze or made of solid bronze. If it's solid bronze it seems unlikely that Kora could break it the way she does.

Incidentally as for her fighting skills, per the novelization she is a member of the elite royal guard and graduated with high honors. So for all practical purposes she is in fact peak human/super-soldier in her combat abilities. She was trained as a perfect killing machine.

Different things can be true at the same time.

People can jump on the Snyder-hate bandwagon. People can also just not like any number of his films. People can also just not like Snyder himself for their own personal reasons that have nothing to do with groupthink or following the herd. And people can like or love him or his films just the same.

I do recognize that for whatever reason the pitchforks seem to come out in force whenever he releases a new movie which on one hand I find surprising since he isn't a corporate hack nor does he pander to "the message" or any of that. He also doesn't seem to be a super big jerk in real life either.

But on the other hand I know that many see his films as representing the tip of the spear when it comes to "style over substance." Which then makes me think of Michael Bay who for some reason does not seem to rally the pitchfork crowd. Sure people dismiss his work and write it off as bombastic and shallow but not really with a lot of contempt. Certainly not Snyder levels of contempt anyway.

If I had to guess I'd say it has to do with the "deeper meaning" that Snyder and some of his fans ascribe to his films and that if he was more like Bay ("I just like explosions, slow-motion and casting female extras that I want to ****") then people would give him more of a pass. But like I said, that's just my own personal assumption.
lol Micheal bay use to get destroyed all the time 😂

The "Hate" argument is interesting because it really tells you less about those who supposedly have it and much more about the people using it to ostracize a group. It's much easier to write off people's complaints as some kind of illogical 'hate-think' so you don't have to deal with the substance of their complaints. Yes, very much like in politics.

Actually one possible plothole I see for that scene is that the staff that Noble uses is either coated in bronze or made of solid bronze. If it's solid bronze it seems unlikely that Kora could break it the way she does.

Incidentally as for her fighting skills, per the novelization she is a member of the elite royal guard and graduated with high honors. So for all practical purposes she is in fact peak human/super-soldier in her combat abilities. She was trained as a perfect killing machine.

I thought his staff was the bone of some sort of animal? It looked kinda knobby on the handle like a chicken leg.

The "Hate" argument is interesting because it really tells you less about those who supposedly have it and much more about the people using it to ostracize a group. It's much easier to write off people's complaints as some kind of illogical 'hate-think' so you don't have to deal with the substance of their complaints. Yes, very much like in politics.
I do wonder who some think are hating tho. Like is it hate if done just didn’t like it. Like I didn’t hate it I just thought it wasn’t good lol. Like I don’t even hate Snyder. He seems like a nice guy.

Oh who am I kidding. He ****** my wife and my only revenge is to hate on his movies! There you happy? That’s why I hate Zach Snyder! He ruined my marriage!

I thought his staff was the bone of some sort of animal? It looked kinda knobby on the handle like a chicken leg.
That’s what I thought to. Like was he just carrying a large chicken bone around and hitting people with it ? People were comparing the guy to Vader on Twitter 😂

He wasn't Vader.

He was a too-on-the-nose caricature of Hans Landa without any of the menace, humor, or subtlety.

The moment he takes off his hat so we can all see his ridiculous Nazi haircut revealed the extent of the depth of his character.

I like that the actor was extremely skinny, though. Props to him for committing to the role. His almost sickly-skinniness was about the only menacing thing about him.

He wasn't Vader.

He was a too-on-the-nose caricature of Hans Landa without any of the menace, humor, or subtlety.

The moment he takes off his hat so we can all see his ridiculous Nazi haircut revealed the extent of the depth of his character.

I like that the actor was extremely skinny, though. Props to him for committing to the role. His almost sickly-skinniness was about the only menacing thing about him.
Definitely not Vader. He got his ass handed to him by rey… er I mean the rebel soldier girl. Knocked his teeth out and broke his arm twice.

Also poor Ray fisher.

What are you talking about? It is the same. So just cause it’s a huge ip and not new the new one doesn’t get to be criticized? Make it make sense! Lol
One example is/was beloved by millions and millions of die-hard fans for over a decade that came from source material which again is/was loved by millions and millions of die-hard fans for nearly a century.

The other example came out 9 days ago.

Looking at this can you not put it together that there will be vastly more attachment and expectations for one over the other?

During the "Rebel Moon" red carpet in London, Skrein revealed the history behind Adm. Noble's unique weapon: a cane mafrom of a leg bone.

"It comes from a mythological creature that is written into our religion. So it's almost like the equivalent of somebody had a dodo bone now," he said. "Although it's not from religion, or if it had religious connotations or like a dinosaur bone, so it's very opulent to have such a thing."

The bone is covered in metal, which Skrein said shows just how decadent the elite members of the Imperium are.

It was a genius creative choice to have the teeth return as it is an artistic hint of the re-birth to come that subconsciously primes the audience for his return via magic that defies our preconceived notions of reality.

Or it was a continuity error because teeth being knocked out in slowmo and forgotten looks coooool.
I must have missed the dental scene where they checked his whole mouth for missing rear teeth.

Zack has spoken about this in interviews. Broader context is that there’s a whole bible of lore, with literally two massive lore books for the setting (developed for the tabletop D&D-like game) coming out in June. One is cosmology and technology, and the other is heroes and monsters.

Anyway, from what I’ve been able to piece together about this it’s a representation of the femur of a giraffe-like animal that came along to rescue the royal family of the Motherworld 100,000 years ago when they were in the desert by getting them to their destination, when otherwise they would have died. Maybe got them to an oasis? (Just a guess.) But anyway sort of a divine miracle.

From what I’ve read Nobel’s staff is not the femur of that animal per se. The actual femur itself is one of the holiest relics in the Imperium’s religion, and it belonged to the king. Unclear what happened to it after the king was slain, but presumably Balisarius now owns it. (Balisarius calls himself Regent, and he is now that ruler of the Imperium. Seems likely he was behind the assassination of the royal family.) And it’s either coated in bronze or made of solid bronze. That part is unclear to me. However there is a windowed chamber embedded in the head/ball joint that contains a bone sliver of the actual femur from the original relic. So the staff that Noble wields is in effect a holy relic as well.

Either that or it is the actual relic! It’s just that I read somewhere a clarification that what Noble has is a copy, with a sliver of the actual femur encased in a windowed compartment. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
During the "Rebel Moon" red carpet in London, Skrein revealed the history behind Adm. Noble's unique weapon: a cane mafrom of a leg bone.

"It comes from a mythological creature that is written into our religion. So it's almost like the equivalent of somebody had a dodo bone now," he said. "Although it's not from religion, or if it had religious connotations or like a dinosaur bone, so it's very opulent to have such a thing."

The bone is covered in metal, which Skrein said shows just how decadent the elite members of the Imperium are.

I thought it was just a type of shillelagh.

You know the criticisms of Noble I’m seeing make me laugh. The double standard is striking. Are you all ******* kidding me? Darth Vader is one of the cheesiest “mwahaha” villains that has ever graced the silver screen. His helmet looks patently ridiculous. In Spaceballs they played that up well with Big Helmet, and I can’t look at the character and not see that today. He breathes heavily through a respirator to make him seem more menacing, lol. Vader in the original trilogy is totally cornball. And he was even back in the day—I was there for it. Gold lord. What a totally convoluted narrative to put that character on a pedestal artistically. He’s the ultimate B move villain.

I wasn’t that impressed with the more modern updated fight choreography they gave Vader in that action scene in TLJ. Eh.

Ed Skein’s Admiral Noble is a suitably twisted **** for the RM mythos that is basically modeled after the Third Reich’s Waffen-SS. This in order to comment on how depraved people allow themselves to become in war. Not only were the SS truly monstrous in how they dehumanized their perceived enemy (the Jews), they were into a metaphysical occult religion called the “Vril Society” and were into all sorts of sexual kink. They justified all sorts of monstrous behavior in the name of what they had convinced themselves was a noble cause.

I‘m much more interested to see what the Rebel Moon franchise does with Noble as a symbol of something truly evil in the real world than Star Wars’ Darth Vader. Although that being said I do appreciate the development Anakin has gotten in Ashoka. About damn time! That is actually somewhat interesting.

Last edited:
Holy mother of God... this thread :slap

Alatar, I can honestly say in the nearly 14 years I've been on this forum I've never seen such truly relentless behavior; do you think your endless defense/justification from every possible angle is going to change anyone's mind. Why are you wasting so much time and effort when people are simply trying to tell you, they're just not that into it.

Let it go...

You know the criticisms of Noble I’m seeing make me laugh. The double standard is striking. Are you all ******* kidding me? Darth Vader is one of the cheesiest “mwahaha” villains that has ever graced the silver screen. His helmet looks patently ridiculous. In Spaceballs they played that up well with Big Helmet, and I can’t look at the character and not see that today. He breathes heavily through a respirator to make him seem more menacing, lol. Vader in the original trilogy is totally cornball. And he was even back in the day—I was there for it. Gold lord. What a totally convoluted narrative to put that character on a pedestal artistically. He’s the ultimate B move villain.

I wasn’t that impressed with the more modern updated fight choreography they gave Vader in that action scene in TLJ.
Eh.

Ed Skein’s Admiral Noble is a suitably twisted **** for the RM mythos that is basically modeled after the Third Reich’s Waffen-SS. This in order to comment on how depraved people allow themselves to become in war. Not only were the SS truly monstrous in how they dehumanized their perceived enemy (the Jews), they were into a metaphysical occult religion called the “Vril Society” and were into all sorts of sexual kink. They justified all sorts of monstrous behavior in the name of what they had convinced themselves was a noble cause.

I‘m much more interested to see what the Rebel Moon franchise does with Noble as a symbol of something truly evil in the real world than Star Wars’ Darth Vader. Although that being said I do appreciate the development Anakin has gotten in Ashoka. About damn time! That is actually somewhat interesting.
Come on Alatar, now you're just lashing out. Taking a run at Vader isn't going to win you many converts. You may have been there "back in the day", but it seems you weren't paying a great deal of attention. First of all, to be the ultimate B movie villain Vader would have to be in a B movie, which Star Wars in 1977 decidedly was not. It was a cultural phenomenon and Vader was unique and mysterious, unlike Skrein's derivative Admiral Noble. You're entitled to your opinion but seriously... :slap Also, Vader wasn't in TLJ - you're thinking of Rogue One.

Back