Your Favorite Underrated Movies?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 . THE LAST STAR FIGHTER
2. Harry and the Henderson's
3. ANIMATRIX I hope for a sequel someday.
4. Wisdom Emilo Estevez n Demi Moore
5 STAY ALIVE Frankie Muniz
6. Batteries not included.
7. Scorched. Alicia Silverstone , Woody Harelson
8. A PERFECT GETAWAY with Milla Jovovich ,Steve Zahn
9.Fire in the sky
10. Brainscan Edward furlong

I would love if WB turned The Animatrix into a show.

Stop it, stopit... STOPI-E-E-E-T! :gah:

I dreamed of 30s-like live-action BATMAN since B&R. Not happening.

The Edge. Survival movie with Hopkins and Baldwin. Really badass movie, actually.

c9a7007708b3.png

SnakeDoc

Great movie! And who can forget who they were fighting over?

elle-macpherson-picture-3.jpg

Lots of great movies in here, hard to be quoting everyone.... some of mine

Batteries Not included
The Shadow
From Paris with Love
Dredd
Assassins (Stallone/Banderas)
Face/Off

Nighthawks. Great cop/crime film. Rutger Hauer as ruthless as ever.​
nighthawks.jpg

Rumour is that theres a diectors cut of Nighthawks and its even better than the theatrical cut, unfortunately the studio isn't interested and might've even destroyed it now.

Gotta second these, all very good.

The Edge. Survival movie with Hopkins and Baldwin. Really badass movie, actually.
SnakeDoc

Especially when you consider the bear used in the movie would go on to actually kill a guy.

1 . THE LAST STAR FIGHTER

I only recently found out that the alien starfighter was also the CEO in Robocop.

Buckaroo Banzai

First time I ever saw Goldblum, Lithgow, and Weller in a movie. I believe I absorbed a good part of that manic weirdness into my personality.

My top 5:

1) Sneakers
2) Sneakers
3) Sneakers
4) Sneakers
5) Sneakers

First time I saw Kingsley play the bad guy and it was the last good Dan Akroyd movie. The supporting cast was rock solid.

Dark City.

The ending was almost too triumphant because I loved the lost soul atmosphere running throughout.

Ones no one I know has seen or in some cases ever heard of:
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

The story is sort of bland, but they nailed the atmosphere. The visuals are worth it. I have this on DVD.

My list:

My Science Project: All around solid time travel movie though not as good as a certain other movie in 1985.... :lol
Time Bandits: Second movie I remember loving after Superman as a child.
The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen: Another truly unique approach to fantasy adventure films by Gilliam with alot of humor.
House II: Loved the undead cowboy grandpa!
Short Circuit: I'd still go for a 1/6 Johnny Five, but Chan is a bozo!
How to Get Ahead in Advertising: Dark humor with prosthetics and a message.
Swimming With Sharks: Spacey's third best behind Usual Suspects and Glengarry Glen Ross.

M Cimino's Heavens Gate long powerful anti corporate western film( The long version only) An epic to the truest sense of the word. Also K Costner's Wyatt Earp directors cut. Excellent epic western. I enjoyed Costner's The Postman as well

Mickey Rourke had a couple of good ones too. I liked Year of the Dragon, Johnny Handsome, A Prayer for the Dying, and Angel Heart. My two favorite James Woods films and highly recommended are Best Seller and Cop.

M Cimino's Heavens Gate long powerful anti corporate western film. An epic to the truest sense of the word. Also K Costner's Wyatt Earp directors cut. Excellent epic western. I enjoyed Costner's The Postman as well

Costner's Earp kinda gets lost in the shadow of Tombstone. I think Tombstone is a better movie (Elliot beats Madsen, Kilmer beats Quaid, etc.), but I actually prefer Costner's portrayal of Earp to Kurt Russell's.

Not sure I've seen the director's cut, though.

SnakeDoc

Costner's Earp kinda gets lost in the shadow of Tombstone. I think Tombstone is a better movie (Elliot beats Madsen, Kilmer beats Quaid, etc.), but I actually prefer Costner's portrayal of Earp to Kurt Russell's.

Not sure I've seen the director's cut, though.

SnakeDoc

It adds quite a few more minutes...I look at Tombstone as more a Jets vs Sharks action film(still fun and good) and Wyatt Earp(directors cut only) for me as a true Western Epic. I think WE was the better film...I dont mind slower parts in film...and Quaid as Doc was fantastic without all that Huckleberry stuff..I liked the Hackman dad role too

Mickey Rourke had a couple of good ones too. I liked Year of the Dragon, Johnny Handsome, A Prayer for the Dying, and Angel Heart. My two favorite James Woods films and highly recommended are Best Seller and Cop.
Really enjoyed Angel Heart. Rourke, Bonet were great and of course De Niro. Best Seller is definitely underrated. Woods and Dennehy have a great interaction between them. I'll have to watch it again soon.

Back