Which of these movies are worth watching?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see the greatest comedy of all-time on theis list....

Clue-DVD.jpg

Never seen any Blade or Robocop. The rest of those are all worth seeing at least once. Scarface is OK -- pretty dated, though. Start with Terminator.

SnakeDoc

I won't be able to watch any movies until I move and unpack in another 2 weeks, but I'm making a list of movies to watch. I'm new to collecting, but seeing the detail of some figures and their loyal following has me intrigued. So if you'd be so kind as to pick out which of these movies are highly recommended and place them in order. (I guess I'm considered young, and I never really got a chance to watch these flicks before)

Blade (Trilogy? He seems to be highly valued and regularly found on people's wants or top 10 list.)

Rambo (I think I may have seen the first one or part of it a long time ago. Don't think I've seen any of the sequels)

Godfather (Don? Menacing looking grandpa with the chair seems popular)

Scarface (Seems to be referenced a lot in rap music lol, but there's a ton of pages/replies for the Blitzway release)

Robocop (So many people seem to be begging for a rerelease. I actually find him a bit funny looking)

Predator (I've seen Predators... Mainly because I wanted to see Adrian Brody in an action role. Decen flick, but not much in the way of a story. I think I also saw Aliens vs Predators, and I just remember a lot of ice)

Back to the Future (Finally figured out what BTTF is. Some McFly guy is leading a HT wish poll. Is this the movie with a time traveling car? A Delorean if I remember correctly)

Terminator (All I know is the Govinator was in them. Somehow Christian Bale is involved and there are a ton of T-Number Hot Toys.)

So, that's all I can think of for now. I was able to recently watch Enter the Dragon, and I promptly ordered the Bruce Lee DX. Hoooooo Ya!!!

Here's my order:

BTTF Trilogy
Godfather I and II
Predator I and II
Terminator I and II
Robocop I
Blade I and II
Rambo I
Scarface

If you have time after that, you can go back and see some of the other sequels to these.

unless this guy is actually a 10 year old kid, there's no way he hasn't seen any of those movies. it's just impossible. i'm calling BS on this thread. i think he's just fishing for reactions.

Back to the Future (Finally figured out what BTTF is. Some McFly guy is leading a HT wish poll. Is this the movie with a time traveling car? A Delorean if I remember correctly)

even if you didn't see the movie, you would know this. it's like common knowledge.

Thanks for all the feedback! Going to rent most of these movies this weekend and go on a movie marathon!

unless this guy is actually a 10 year old, there's no way he hasn't seen any of those movies. it's just impossible. i'm calling BS on this thread. i think he's just fishing for reactions.

even if you didn't see the movie, you would know this. it's like common knowledge.

Haha, nope. I'm a 22 year old college student. I just happened to grow up with Chinese parents who never cared for American movies. I never got to watch any of the cartoons on TV or read comic books while growing up. Until I bought myself a PS3 in college, I never had any movies of my own. I've pretty much only seen movies at the movie theater or back in high school at sleepovers with my friends. So ya, I may only have a rudimentary understanding of the X-Men (First Class was awesome, hope HT unveils a Magneto) or Superman (waiting on Man of Steel), I can go on for days about the greatest cartoon ever... Hu Lu Wa, Jin Gong Wa!!!! Or a funny English translation...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabash_Brothers

It's like the Chinese version of X-Men I suppose lol. And I don't know what else to say about your disbelief. Up until I recently saw Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (got interested by the HT DX announcement after Crystal Skull almost ruined my interest), my oldest movie viewing experience was a 1977 film... Star Wars!

Back