What's the relation with The Matrix and the Bible?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-1188

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've heard from many people who apparently understood more the symbolism of the 3 movies than I did claiming that the trilogy has to do with the Bible. To this day I don't know what's the link, except for the whole prophecy of the one.

Could somebody explain this to me? :confused:

I've heard from many people who apparently understood more the symbolism of the 3 movies than I did claiming that the trilogy has to do with the Bible. To this day I don't know what's the link, except for the whole prophecy of the one.

Could somebody explain this to me? :confused:
I will just be an ^^^^^^^ and say the relation is they are both fiction.:lol:lol:lol

Jesus was actually a Robot sent from the future to doom humanity. Wait...that was Shwarzanegger in Terminator...damn I always get those two confused.

Basically, there is a prophecy that the One (the Messiah) would come and save everyone and take them to Zion (heaven). And it's only the first one because the last two don't make any sense.

There's a lot more correlation but that's the main idea.

Also, Anderson means the Son of man...

Here's more:
Have you seen the Matrix films?
They chart the attempts of one man, Neo, to overcome the present worldly system and find the Truth. In doing so, he gets into a position to be able to help others and lead them towards the city of Zion, where they can be truly free.

The film is full of imagery and symbolism, but where does it come from? And what does it point to? Could the films actually be pointing to a real situation?

Now for a Greek lesson. Neo means "new" and is also an anagram of "One". "Ander" means "Man". Therefore, Neo's surname "Anderson", means "Son of Man". This is a title of Jesus. Nebuchadnezzar, the name of Neo's ship was also the name of a Biblical king who had dreams concerning the "Last Days". So the imagery of the film borrows strongly from the Bible. Neo's girlfriend is called Trinity, which although not a Biblical term or concept, is nevertheless central to the beliefs of Christendom.

Jesus overcame his human nature to become the Saviour or Chosen One. Following his baptism (which symbolises the putting off of the old man and the putting on of the new) he was given extensive powers. Just as Neo dies and is brought back to life, Jesus died and was raised up by his Father, God.

The Bible teaches that this world is but a "shadow of things to come". The Bible also talks of the New Jerusalem (Zion) coming to the earth as the capital of the Kingdom of God.

"The LORD has established Zion, and in her his afflicted people will find refuge." (Isaiah 14:32)
Once Jesus has finished restoring the world, Yahweh God himself will dwell with Man.
Zechariah 8:3

This is what the LORD says: "I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem. Then Jerusalem will be called the City of Truth, and the mountain of the LORD Almighty will be called the Holy Mountain."
We all have a choice - to continue living in this shadow world or to find the Truth. Jesus taught:
"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32)
If you want the truth to set you free from sin and death, please contact the Christadelphians Now.

https://www.bible-uk.com/matrix.htm

The first Matrix movie based it's basic philosophy on Buddhism.
It was a masterstroke because the movie meshed the Buddhist view of layers of reality(Life is a butterfly in a dream, as they quoted in the movie) with VR in a way that made perfect sense. The blue/red pill,Bend the spoon,etc..
Old philosophy informed new technology. Truly brilliant.
The two sequels was a pretty silly re-imagening of the new testament.
No relation between the technology and the philosophy.
No integration of form and content. Only clunky metaphors of Zion and martyrdom.

Narnia is related to the Bible too...if you watch it you can find so many things related to the Bible.

Narnia is related to the Bible too...if you watch it you can find so many things related to the Bible.

Yeah, I never read this before but I'm on book three in this series now, as I'm reading this for my daughter.
It's pretty great.
And C.S. Lewis' whole authorship is informed by his Christianity.
His The Screwtape Letters, a series of letters from a demon in hell with advice to his hopeless nephew Wormwood on how too lead his human assignment astray, is extremely funny and insightful about the human condition.
I have this on audiobook perfectly read by John Cleese and it's a hoot.

Back