1/6 What Star Wars characters deserve a figure, that don't have a figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Design-wise maybe. As a character, certainly not. We kept getting told he was part of the big 3 before each movie, and then when each movie came around we learned nothing new about his character. Oscar Isaac is an amazing actor (see Ex Machina and Inside Llewyn Davis), whose character was pissed away with terrible lazy half-assed writing. The misuse of great actors is one of the things that annoys me most about the ST, just look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern as other glaring examples.

I bet even Benecio himself has forgotten he was in the ST.:lol

And the sole purpose of Laura Dern's character was glaring and being an example. The reason she was pretty much instantly forgotten.:lecture

I bet even Benecio himself has forgotten he was in the ST.[emoji38]

And the sole purpose of Laura Dern's character was glaring and being an example. The reason she was pretty much instantly forgotten.:lecture

Poe was just another necessary casualty to further Lucasfilm's political agenda. The purple haired girl had to boss a man around and who better than a hotshot pilot. They should have first had Poe and Finn triumph in a spirited match of sand volleyball on Tatooine against Kylo Ren and Hux.

The purple haired girl had to boss a man around and who better than a hotshot pilot.

The true Holdo Maneuver.

He also got blasted by Leia in a comedic way not see since Boba Fett's v1 demise.

Not sure why people like Poe... he didn't accomplish much, and what he did accomplish quickly got undermined with an overly-complex message for a simplistic fairy tale. I don't even remember... in the end, what did he do?

The true Holdo Maneuver.

He also got blasted by Leia in a comedic way not see since Boba Fett's v1 demise.

Not sure why people like Poe... he didn't accomplish much, and what he did accomplish quickly got undermined with an overly-complex message for a simplistic fairy tale. I don't even remember... in the end, what did he do?

Poe was a decent character in TFA. Probably because he didn't a ton of screen time in the entire middle of the film. Didn't have much of a chance to screw him up. But, just like everything else with the ST, he took a nosedive after TFA.

I chalk that up to Rian Johnson not being able to write an interesting space drama/action story while everything got shoved to the side for the very blunt moral lessons he wanted to include.

If TLJ had to include a space escape sequence from an unrelenting foe, it should've played out more like the RDM Battlestar Galactica series and not what we got.

Every character and the core cast were really done a disservice in the films. Poe had a lot of potential but it was wasted in TLJ and utterly **** upon in TROS with all that unfunny and uninteresting spice runner business which completely contradicted his established backstory.

Design-wise maybe. As a character, certainly not. We kept getting told he was part of the big 3 before each movie, and then when each movie came around we learned nothing new about his character. Oscar Isaac is an amazing actor (see Ex Machina and Inside Llewyn Davis), whose character was pissed away with terrible lazy half-assed writing. The misuse of great actors is one of the things that annoys me most about the ST, just look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern as other glaring examples.

Eh not sure if that really matters, he's a main character in 3 of the ST films and was marketed that way, and though the direction they took with the character I don't agree with (like most things in the ST unfortunately), we still should of had at least a 1/6 figure of him to go on collector's Resistance shelves. Unfortunate too because I think Finn and Poe had their best designs in TRoS, don't see collectors of the ST getting those figures anytime soon though.

I agree that he was wasted along with most characters and actors in the ST. I know I wasn't going to like TLJ when they started the film off with a mom joke...ugh.

Poe deserves a release. It's up to Hot Toys to determine the design that would sell the most but I think it's fair to say the character deserves a release.

I think when it comes down to it there are 4 essential characters that without a shadow of a doubt deserve a figure. There are many others we can argue for, but it's hard to argue against these 4. If Hot Toys leave it another year without making them then it's negligent on their part.

The 4 are...

1) C-3PO
2) Padme
3) Mace Windu
4) General Grievous

I think when it comes down to it there are 4 essential characters that without a shadow of a doubt deserve a figure. There are many others we can argue for, but it's hard to argue against these 4. If Hot Toys leave it another year without making them then it's negligent on their part.

The 4 are...

1) C-3PO
2) Padme
3) Mace Windu
4) General Grievous

This does feel like the Mount Rushmore of forgotten Hot Toys figures. Marvel has had less important figures made than these four. OT/PT stuff sells. Grievous is the only one I can kinda see since that's gonna be a die cast and pricey figure that probably requires a lot of RnD and high production costs. The other three I just don't understand what the holdup is.

They went so far as to show protos of 3po and Padme. If that horrible Padme proto even counts lol. The should throw that in the trash and start again if they make her.

The 4 are...

1) C-3PO

2) Padme
3) Mace Windu
4) General Grievous

There's been not one but TWO high-end 1/6 figures of 3PO that still hold up to today's standards (Tamashii and Sideshow) and even before that there was the Medi (which was also pretty decent, but like all Medis a little undersized.)

I'm all for a HT 3PO because the proto looked great (albeit sculpted a little "fat" for his ST look, and with a few ST-specific suit elements) but 3PO is not an example of a character that "deserves" a 1/6 figure and hasn't gotten one, or got one that now doesn't hold up to today's standards.

I do think that HT only did their 3PO because it was a ST version when the ST was hot, and now that the ST has faded away, there's less impetus to do such an expensive/complex figure.

They would need to amend the sculpt a bit to make it really accurate to an OT version - with their ROTJ stormie variation HT showed it cares about small differences - but then there's also the Sideshow OT version out there (that keeps getting re-released...) that looks not as good, but still decent, and also the Tama if you're willing to pay $$$ on eBay.

Tallie Lintra .. such a cool pilot that died too quick. Thought she'd make it through to ep9 with her tie-in to Battlefront 2, but nope.

In the Hot Toys annals of historic recreation miniatures of famed Star Wars characters...

The One that was never made: 3PO

Key hero of the very first Star Wars movie. First character to speak in a Star Wars movie. One of two characters that spans all 9 episodes of 3 trilogies. Also appears in RO, making R2 and 3PO the only two characters to appear in more Star Wars films than any other.

Back