1/6 What Star Wars characters deserve a figure, that don't have a figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure I agree. It's weird. A Clone Wars line would be the easiest money Hot Toys could possibly make. They already have the Morrison sculpt done, that would just need some modifications to push out for Fives, Wolffe, Fox, Kix, etc. It's not entirely the same, but a lot of the Clone Trooper armor is very similar. We already have 501st and Coruscant Guard troops coming, they could easily turn it into 212th or 104th or whatever, and people would absolutely army build with them.

Even Mace Windu, let's face it, that character would sell incredibly well. As would Plo Koon and Aayla Secura. They already know how to make the Jedi attire. Windu would be easy, they've already done a Jackson sculpt.

Padme, sure, probably a lot of RnD and approvals and maybe a new body and all that are holding up the figure. But Clones, Jedi, Federation Droids? These just seem like no brainers. I don't get it.

The easiest money of all is OT figures and they aren't making many of those either. Recent production has been slow relative to when HT was running at it's peak and they aren't making much of anything that requires a head sculpt. And their failure rate on those sculpts is quite high at the moment. I'll be curious who the next Star Wars character will be to get a newly developed head sculpt and whether or not it will be another atrocity like Bo Katan. If I were to guess it will probably be a Dawson Ahsoka.

I'll be curious who the next Star Wars character will be to get a newly developed head sculpt and whether or not it will be another atrocity like Bo Katan. If I were to guess it will probably be a Dawson Ahsoka.

It's interesting, Hot Toys was knocking it out of the park with sculpts for a couple of years. Lots of great final products and not a lot of misses. The ROTS Kenobi was a bit off because of the lower lip but that was the biggest complaint people had for a while. Outside of that, the sculpts have looked great. Suddenly they're missing left and right, both on protos and final products. Wonder if they have new people working on things and they just aren't up to par.

I don't see any scenario where Hot Toys doesn't fix that Katee Sackhoff sculpt but the final release. I wouldn't quite call it an atrocity but it's not great. Thankfully there's a helmet we can work with on that figure.

Hot Toys is definitely getting lazy with their sculpts, not a good time for them to be missing like this as prices are almost at $300

Give me.....

1 - Asajj Ventress
2 - Purge Trooper
4 - General Grievous
3 - Would never happen, but.....a pre General Grievous. To be more precious, Qymaen Jai Sheelal. Might be better as a Mythos statue, but it can't hurt. Maybe
the wallet.

Wish HT would make:
1) Darth Revan
2) Aayla Secura
3) Asajj Ventress
4) Bastilla Shan
5) Darth Malak
6) Darth Nihilus

I would be the happiest person in the world

still holding out for that Rose or Jar jar figure. My prayers will be answered one day

We get always hear about the Greedos and Walrusmans... what about some love for the ST bit players...

32312563398_93e9e92a09_o.png

They're currently too busy getting excited about Geode and Rian Johnson's ''definitely happening'' trilogy to care about Poe anymore.

I still can't believe Geode is an actual thing. I really hope they make The Old Republic canon and expand on that era for adults. Let the kids have their rock. I need Revan, Satele and Malgus.

I still can't believe Geode is an actual thing. I really hope they make The Old Republic canon and expand on that era for adults. Let the kids have their rock. I need Revan, Satele and Malgus.

I hear you. Love the Old Republic myself. Currently doing a chronological readthrough of all the books, comics, and games. It makes me laugh when Kathleen says there's no source material when the ''Legends'' material they have at their disposal could literally give them decades of shows and movies. Infuriating that they're wasting their time on this New Republic rubbish instead.

Honestly I'm stunned chemicals hasn't popped up to complain about the lack of a Poe figure yet.

To be fair, we should have gotten him ages ago.

I have no interest but he's definitely a big hole in the ST display.

Design-wise maybe. As a character, certainly not. We kept getting told he was part of the big 3 before each movie, and then when each movie came around we learned nothing new about his character. Oscar Isaac is an amazing actor (see Ex Machina and Inside Llewyn Davis), whose character was pissed away with terrible lazy half-assed writing. The misuse of great actors is one of the things that annoys me most about the ST, just look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern as other glaring examples.

Back