Well. I just got fired.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My man. Hope you are well. Your parents seem very dear to you and maybe this is a way for you to reconnect and be with the only 2 people in the world that will give their lives for you. Forget the material crap. I bet there are many places in Japan where you can probably turn them to cash and not worry about those.

Don't feel hopeless. There is always hope. If you have nothing you care about in that place the easier it will be to forget it.

You only fail when you give up.

I must tell you it is not that bad selling your collection. I was collecting Lego, had all the Star Wars Ultimates, modular houses, winter sets, LOTR from the oldes ones to newest ones. It was no longer possible to continue, as I was short on space. Had to do radical step - sold everything to the private Lego museum. In fact it helped me a lot, no longer had to buy every new set just to have everything as I had all the sets before. Had time to get my life in order. Fell then into collecting statues, but working on that too, getting rid of small plastic statues, keeping only 1/5 MOTU and 1/4 SW statues. Everything I sell makes some space in my life and in my soul. Not gonna get rid of everything, but will keep only essentials.

I would suggest dividing your collection into few piles - the most important that you can get in your case/bag, less important that you can send through post (package), even less important that would require more packages, less less important that could be sent in shipping container if there is possibility and the stuff that you can sell and replace later in US. Start then with getting rid of the least important items. The efforts to sell will clean your head, you can even meet new people that way and who knows, somebody can offer you more - new job, possibility to ship cheaper.

Exactly.

Just embrace the nihilism, like I have.

Nothing matters anymore. We're all gonna die. Our collections are beyond worthless. The only thing that's gonna be valuable in the coming years is gonna be drinking water and ammunition. All the rest is trash.

My only solace is in knowing that I'm such a fat, out of shape wretch that I'll be one of the first to go, and my body will feed a decent sized family for a little while.

I'm actually starting to get a little impatient. Kinda wish the apocalypse would just hurry up and start already.

Exactly.

Nothing matters anymore. We're all gonna die. Our collections are beyond worthless. The only thing that's gonna be valuable in the coming years is gonna be drinking water and ammunition. All the rest is trash.

My only solace is in knowing that I'm such a fat, out of shape wretch that I'll be one of the first to go, and my body will feed a decent sized family for a little while.

I'm actually starting to get a little impatient. Kinda wish the apocalypse would just hurry up and start already.
Oh, heavens no. I want to finish my collection first, at least the core, before it all goes up in flames. Otherwise, what would be the point? I honestly don't care if 95% of it gets lost in such an event, but I need to get it first. Yes, I'm a moron like that, I know, I have problems.

I'm not even worried about WW3 at this point, I just live in a volatile area. They're already talking about conscription. What will I do without my nightly face renewal routine?! Ah, irony and lame jokes amongst reheated rants are all I have at this point. And not a single Doom plushie to bring me warmth, or Doom dolly to watch over me...

What will I do without my nightly face renewal routine?!

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

American%20psycho%20peel%20off%20mask.gif

Exactly.

1666782149352.png

In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

American%20psycho%20peel%20off%20mask.gif
It's not as in-depth, but I've got quite a bit on my plate. Granted, it's because I don't want to look worse, not because I can look better, like Bateman there, but you get the point.

Exactly.

Also, when asked "Why?", it was predicted that Hex would either blow up or say something like "+++Out Of Cheese Error ???????+++", but instead, Hex wrote "Because". When the question was followed by "Why anything?", Hex responded with "Because everything", then immediately 'crashed'. (This is a reference to the episode 'The General' of the ATV TV Series The Prisoner, where the question destroyed a computer. From Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series.)

So I'm not nihilistic, not yet. Because. Anyway someone has to feed the pets. If you ask them "why anything" they look at you like you are stupid.

I suppose I was a kind of MCU fanatic, but then the writing kind've tanked IMO. I genuinely looked forward to the series until they trashed a couple of favs. Skipped She Hulk completely. I'll watch BP 2 if there's no effort needed on my part, and online chatter is OK. I'm curious to see if the MCU ever starts valuing good writing again, or is gonna continue careening the train on this soft approach that for me derails characters most of the time. 🙄

Just wish the dancing in BP wasn't gonna remind me of Boba, which is probably disrespectful, but it's not my fault, never thought there'd be a dancing Boba and it's kinda hard to flush your brain after that; ur kinda sprawled on the couch and all of a sudden there's bunch of dancing Tuskens, go figure.💃

I know most of you know very little about me. If anything, you might know me as the grumpy guy that hates almost all new movies and TV shows.

I turned 45 this weekend. In the past year, I've lost everything.

I no longer experience joy.

I have no worth or value to anyone or anything.

I came back to America because I thought my presence would be helpful to my family, but all my being here has done is burden everyone. In just a few short months, even my family has written me off.

Nothing good will ever happen to me again. I will never experience any kind of happiness ever again.

Every day is worse than the one before. Every day I experience only pain and misery.

My continued existence no long has any value or meaning, so it makes sense to me to stop existing.

Dude, talk to someone asap. Or at least put some GnR tunes on! When you're at rock bottom, the only way is up!

I know most of you know very little about me. If anything, you might know me as the grumpy guy that hates almost all new movies and TV shows.

I came back to America because I thought my presence would be helpful to my family, but all my being here has done is burden everyone. In just a few short months, even my family has written me off.

Nothing good will ever happen to me again. I will never experience any kind of happiness ever again.

Every day is worse than the one before. Every day I experience only pain and misery.

My continued existence no long has any value or meaning, so it makes sense to me to stop existing.
You don't know that.

I once thought the same thing because I've been to a similar place in my life. I won't go into detail here but I hit rock bottom and then the bottom fell out. It took some time but I climbed out of the dark pit I had created for myself and moved forward.

I'm now in a much better place now, both mentally and financially. At the time I didn't think I'd get to this point ever again but here I am. I stayed positive and optimistic. I even got my sense of humor back.

If I can come back from the dark pit then so can you. It won't be easy but I truly believe if you want something bad enough you can make it happen.

I did it and I believe you can too.

Word for word how I felt in 2014. You need to talk to a professional. What you are experiencing is a lie. Don't believe it for a second. Talk to a professional. Get a blood test and see if your adrenals are working properly.

@Otomofan I have sounded like a broken record telling you to talk to professionals. More than one until you find the right fit. Because what @pixletwin is saying is more pithy and to the point than I have ever been on this topic: what you are experiencing is a lie. Listen to everyone here and get help. You will look back on this dark time and you will be glad you didn't stop.

YES YOU HAVE VALUE! Don't give up! You CANNOT see the future and don't know what good things may be in store. Everything can change TOMORROW. Or the next day. Or the day after that. And so on. Don't. Give. Up.

Or at the very least give yourself 30 more days. And then on the 30th day give yourself 30 more days. And in that time as others have suggested speak to a professional (and I would urge you to join a church) and go from there. If you're really prepared to stop existing then what's an extra 30 days? I sincerely hope that you give it a try.

What would be best for Otomofan, one on one private sessions with a professional or group therapy of some sort? I wonder would it be more helpful to meet other people who are right now feeling the same way. It sounds very lonely what he is experiencing, with seemingly even his family for one reason or another not being able to deal.

I'll be honest, I read your post the day you posted it Otomofan and was at a loss what to say, in part because I've had a ***t time myself the past while and am distracted by that to varying degrees, but also I didn't have the courage to say anything until I saw how other people would respond to what is possibly your most explicit post about this depression you're in, with a particularly worrying last sentence.
Obviously I don't know your family but it could be that they just don't know what to say if you're saying to them these kinds of things. Perhaps they've not had experience of it before, they're not used to it, they're fearful of it. Perhaps they cannot help. But surely someone can. Please do follow the advice from the guys above. You surely aren't alone in how you're feeling and in the nicest way possible you may learn that the saying 'misery loves company' could be a thing that lifts you out of this one day while perhaps helping other people in a mutual way.

As I've said before, I like your posts here. Yes you can be bit negative and cynical about the pop culture and times we're in but so can I. And I admire the clear way you express your views, you use English well, you punctuate and paragraph well :lol

Khev said something like what I was thinking - about at least giving yourself 30 more days, and on the 30th day try 30 more - you've gotta get that Mafex BD Robocop, man! Of course he wouldn't be a fix - he'd be a cool waypoint though, and then keep going.

Last edited:
Back