WB 100 - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure [Hot Toys Exclusive]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of the origins Iron Man with all the clear plastic crap on it.

"How can we take a comic themed figure and take the biggest **** possible on it?"

My idea of a WB100 Hot Toys: '89 Batman (screen accurate with Keaton head sculp) 2-pack with Vicky Vale and comes with the Batcave computers.

Hot Toys: DX19 with some blue parts.

I still suspect that, historically, TDK suit has been Hot Toys biggest seller on the DC side. Considering their willingness to reissue it every few years they seem confident it will sell each time. When the DX19 came out I felt like I saw a lot of people saying it was their first Hot Toys figure too.

I think some higher up in Hot Toys said make the best selling Batman into a comic color version and just didn’t think for a second about which would be the best suit for it. I think a grey and black Begins suit would have been a blockbuster but they’d have to make a new cowl which they’re completely unwilling to do it seems, although watch them unveil one with the wooden armory this week.

There are some funnier ways to look at it though I don’t seriously think they’re the explanation.

- Hot Toys reusing unsold DX19 stock. This would be hilarious, and I am 100% going to test this by taking one apart and seeing if the fabric is black inside. If they do this, what an embarrassment though, the five people who buy this thing are almost guaranteed to see the grey paint peel off the rubber leg armor. For that reason I think this is unlikely.

- Hot Toys saw my edit and didn’t understand the context that it was a one off from a poll intended to give money to charity and just thought hey everyone wants one 😂

I’d bet my money on it being the bean counters just picking the best seller and slapping new colors on it though.

I don't think it's the worst thing that ever done the only thing I don't really like about this figure is the neck it just looks really weird it's more pronounced with this color scheme I think than the all black version

Batfleck suit would be much better in Grey and Blue, not Bale's
1686011725359.png

It's both the wrong suit to do it with and just poorly done. Why on earth are the blue parts finished in some super high gloss top coat? There's actual zero sense to it.

What would have sold so much more and looked a thousand times better would be doing this on the BvS figure or Batman Begins. Having Bales TDK segmented suit be a light grey just makes the suit more unflattering than it already is. Draws attention to every single suit pad that runs throughout his body instead of it being a coherent, simple and fluid suit. Your eyes goes all over the place when looking at this version of the suit. It's a ******* mess.

Did a quick mock up of the color scheme below with OTs Begins figure and a custom BvS figure. You can already see how much more coherent it looks overall. Swing and a miss from Hot Toys on this one. Only thing I like is the base with the bats floating around.

B97SWSD.jpg

WhHeia6.png

xsNAKVy.png

Last edited:
It's both the wrong suit to do it with and just poorly done. Why on earth are the blue parts finished in some super high gloss top coat? There's actual zero sense to it.

What would have sold so much more and looked a thousand times better would be doing this on the BvS figure or Batman Begins. Having Bales TDK segmented suit be a light grey just makes the suit more unflattering than it already is. Draws attention to every single suit pad that runs throughout his body instead of it being a coherent, simple and fluid suit. Your eyes goes all over the place when looking at this version of the suit. It's a ******* mess.

Did a quick mock up of the color scheme below with OTs Begins figure and a custom BvS figure. You can already see how much more coherent it looks overall. Swing and a miss from Hot Toys on this one. Only thing I like is the base with the bats floating around.

B97SWSD.jpg

WhHeia6.png

xsNAKVy.png
:angryfist: Damnit Why couldn't it be that instead.

If his eyes were pure white (white eye balls and white paint around the eyelids) and they gave it a matte blue, he wouldn’t look as bad.

The regular eyes and chromed out dome just kills it.

Back in 2013 I made a photoshop manip of Keaton and joked Hot Toys could make a Toy Fairs exclusive. 10 years later, Hot Toys did it but with the wrong Batman.

8F1736DF-A978-4CAD-A8D4-FBD698A4A467.jpeg

27E4EDF7-5C39-4FF1-B62D-B71FBEE8B0F9.jpeg

0ADDEBE7-70DF-469E-98FF-CE279E93DDC0.png

F56F44F5-EE6B-4643-B85A-DEA873F063E7.png

B97SWSD.jpg

WhHeia6.png

xsNAKVy.png
The undersuit needs to be grey too. That’s what I was planning to do with my custom. Hot Toys seems to be keeping a black undersuit with grey panels.

Truthfully I don’t hate it. Definitely different though. As time has gone by I like this particular Batsuit less.

I agree it would look better if the undersuit was gray. Also agree there are better suits to get this treatment. I’m thinking we’re going to get that blue and gray Keaton suit from The Flash.

Truthfully I don’t hate it. Definitely different though. As time has gone by I like this particular Batsuit less.

I agree it would look better if the undersuit was gray. Also agree there are better suits to get this treatment. I’m thinking we’re going to get that blue and gray Keaton suit from The Flash.
I also believe we'll get that version also. Plus rumor has it there is 10 second flashbacks of the suit and others in the film.

Back