1/6 Venom 1:6 line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys getting people excited for a 1/6 Venom figure then giving them this garbage instead. At this point you have to also blame the people who buy these cosbaby crap also.

Unfortunately that would include me.....I’m so sorry :rotfl

Pieces like Cosbaby’s or rather their forerunners the Funko Pops sell ridiculous well. The amount of money they make for their companies is most likely off the charts in comparison to our more preferred labour intensive pieces. The only reason any company does something is to make more money, so I would think the Cosbaby’s at least are profitable. So the more money a company makes may make it possible for them to pour money into less profitable profit lines.

But in either case, what one considers crap varies person to person as there are also a lot of collectors (obviously not from this side of the forum) who wouldn’t touch a Hot Toys figure with a ten foot pole, as they may consider them to be nothing but a glorified doll. I collect everything from Cosbaby’s all the way to Queen Studios life size busts etc, and at the end of the day it’s all probably a waste of money, but it makes me happy :dunno

P.S. I too would’ve preferred a figure from the Venom movie........ which is why I bought the Venom Cosbaby’s because I couldn’t wait any longer!

It looks to be like HT is following the Marvel trend just a few months behind. Hasbro is doing the venom line then moved onto Fox?s X-men. Also I fully Expect a Hardy Venom sometime soon.

We could see some (X-men) announced by the end of this year.

I can't wait for hot toys x men when there is a mcu version of them . The x men we got the last 20 years costumes suck for the most part

This and also Venompool seem almost entirely forced by Marvel onto Hot Toys to create. There's literally NO other reason why a company would go out and do figures like those two which require all new molds and can't even be used for anything else. There's a 1/3 scale Venompool statue that makes equally as little sense.

I'm so starved for a good Hot toys Venom. I did however preorder Venompool lol. He's HUGE in person!

The sad thing is we can get Venomized Groot, but not preorders for Valkerie and Mantis.
Hell, I would even take a preorder for the Ron-Yogg from Captain Marvel instead of this.

Un-freaking believable.

The sad thing is we can get Venomized Groot, but not preorders for Valkerie and Mantis.
Hell, I would even take a preorder for the Ron-Yogg from Captain Marvel instead of this.

Un-freaking believable.

I would certainly take a Valkyrie over this piece, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this sort of piece would actually sell better than a Ron-Yogg.

The character I want made is an Okoye. As currently the only version of her I’ve been able to get is the 1/10 scaled piece from Iron Studios.

And I’m sure there are even more people who would like to complete their Justice League line with a Cyborg figure. I personally don’t need one as I’ve got that character covered by the Prime 1 set.

People have this bizzare fetish for all that edgy Vemomized stuff. It's only natural for HT to follow Hasbro and Funko's leads here. I don't blame them, the market seems to gobble it up.

Back