Tropic Thunder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved it. Funnier then the 2 other comedies this year. Pinapple was great, but too Stoner oriented. Nothing wrong with that, I love stoner comedies...Step Brothers was just them screaming at each other for an hour....Tropic Thunder was a Movie fan's movie. I liked the jokes more here then in the other movies. I got them better. yanno?

Rain of Madness (the Hearts of Darkness parody) is available for free download on iTunes. Check it out!

I just went to see this film over the weekend. Sorry, but I got to say this movie sucked hard.

I went in expecting something really funny from the trailers and the money this movie has been raking in. The whole movie seemed disjointed and it felt like the director really didn't know what movie he wanted to make. I myself think Ben Stiller is not funny at all and this movie was yet another film where Ben Stiller plays Ben Stiller. Hell Jack Black just played Jack Black too. The only shining point was RDJ and even his character got a bit old by the end of the film.

And why did the movie stars never get real weapons? I kept expecting them to go all crazy and start shooting the drug dealers?

It just seemed like this movie was trying to be a non-political Team America.

I think this summer will be remembered as the summer of overblown movies. Iron Man, Hulk, Dark Knight and Tropic Thunder have all been way overrated. Hmm.

I think this summer will be remembered as the summer of overblown movies. Iron Man, Hulk, Dark Knight and Tropic Thunder have all been way overrated. Hmm.

No offense but I hear that every summer, and for a long time I was the one saying it. I think cinema hit a wall for a while there, but it's progressing again.

For me it was much better than expected. Every single film listed above exceeded my expectations.

No offense but I hear that every summer, and for a long time I was the one saying it. I think cinema hit a wall for a while there, but it's progressing again.

For me it was much better than expected. Every single film listed above exceeded my expectations.

Now, I'm not saying those movies I listed were bad films. Actually they all were entertaining. I just think they were all WAY overblown and critically acclaimed even though they weren't THAT good of films.

Finally got around to seeing this movie yesturday...

I laughed several times but I walked out feeling that the movie was far too offensive to our troops and troops families. I know that the movie was making fun of making a war movie but our guys are really getting limbs blown off on weekly/monthly basis over in Iraq. Tought it was kind of tacky. Just my opinion though.

Finally got around to seeing this movie yesturday...

I laughed several times but I walked out feeling that the movie was far too offensive to our troops and troops families. I know that the movie was making fun of making a war movie but our guys are really getting limbs blown off on weekly/monthly basis over in Iraq. Tought it was kind of tacky. Just my opinion though.

Wow.......

No offense, but maybe it's you and not the movies? Since the majority opinion for at least 3 of those films have been pretty positive.

I saw this last week and loved it. Robert Downey Jr. is pure gold in my eyes. I didn't find it offensive, personally - I knew what I was getting myself into going in and actually laughed out loud, which doesn't happen often with me at movies.

It just seemed like this movie was trying to be a non-political Team America.

I will agree that The Incredible Hulk sucked, but those other three are pure gold

I loved pretty much everything that came out this summer. Truly IMO the best summer in a long time.

Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hulk
Wanted
Tropic Thunder

(Mummy did what it needed to.....)

I loved pretty much everything that came out this summer. Truly IMO the best summer in a long time.

Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hulk
Wanted
Tropic Thunder

(Mummy did what it needed to.....)

I agree. SOOO many great movies.
I hope there will be more years to come like this one.

Back