Toy Fair Predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaun-o

Super Freak
Reaction score
So what does everyone think we might see this year?
What will be the biggest surprise?
And since no one from Sideshow visits the Save The Planet of the Apes thread anymore
WE WANT APE-O-NAUTS!!!:monkey3
And to be fair A Medievel Kurgan while your at it:eek:

I want to see Gandalf the Gray or Gimli 1/6 version, plus a PF for good measure (don't care who).

And for Star Wars I want Rebel Fleet Troopers and Darth Vader!

Predictions....hmmm....

I think that Star Wars will get another big ticket item. If the Chess Table is any indication it'll be the Millennium Falcon diorama.

I think they'll be one or two LOTR figures but I'd be shocked if anything like Gimli or the Hobbits was shown. I think we'll see our first Big Ticket LOTR piece as well maybe Sauron?

Two more "The Dead" figures, one or two figures from the Buffy/Angelverse, one offering from the Terminator line, Spider-Man 3 PFs and Dioramas.

Although I'd love something new from POTA or the New Line Horror I think they'll be snubbed this TF....

I want a Gimli PF. I don't expect another LOTR or SW 12" announcement, but we better get another damn LOTR PF and soon!!!!!!

There will be some kind of SW 1/6th announcement, it might not be what we're expecting though. (they said this somewhere). I would expect an LOTR PF and the new diorama. Don't know about other stuff. We'll see at least one new license, and that's all I can think of.

It's like Dusty said with TF being more of an industry show it's hard to say from a guessing POV. I could see something from each LOTR line and 2-3 SW announcements.

A Daniel Craig James Bond would make me happy, but that's about it. Unless there's a new line for me to get excited about.

darthviper107 said:
There will be some kind of SW 1/6th announcement, it might not be what we're expecting though. (they said this somewhere). I would expect an LOTR PF and the new diorama. Don't know about other stuff. We'll see at least one new license, and that's all I can think of.

We already know all the new SW stuff. The 1/6 is the chess table. OOOHHH, isn't that awesome? So far we've gotten Bubo and a f'n table this year. Give me a damn break. How about some actual characters for a change?

We've seen the new LOTR dio, which better not be the only thing we get. We've had two new LOTR lines announced since the last PF!!!!

No huge Star Wars announcement.. that will be saved for SDCC. I'll guess another "normal" 12" fig... like Tarkin.

I have a guy feeling we will finally get a Darth Maul PF and another entry in the Legendary Musicians Line. Elvis maybe?

Agent0028 said:
I have a guy feeling we will finally get a Darth Maul PF and another entry in the Legendary Musicians Line. Elvis maybe?

I deem you a prophet:D

We've seen what we are getting from the SW line and one item from the LOTR lines. I just hope there is more. It's been over a year since the last PF announcement and I'm not the only one who's starting to get agrivated.

jlcmsu said:
It's like Dusty said with TF being more of an industry show it's hard to say from a guessing POV. I could see something from each LOTR line and 2-3 SW announcements.

yeah i see a handful of new annoucements, but I think it will actually be more for showcasing things that we've already preordered.

Im sure we'll see updated shots of boromir and faramir figures, and the other SW figures that we havent received yet.

But as for new stuff, I dont think there will be that many surprises unless they are going to be imports from hot toys or medicom.

nash said:
yeah i see a handful of new annoucements, but I think it will actually be more for showcasing things that we've already preordered.

Im sure we'll see updated shots of boromir and faramir figures, and the other SW figures that we havent received yet.

But as for new stuff, I dont think there will be that many surprises unless they are going to be imports from hot toys or medicom.

I agree, i don't think there will be very much NEW items, but just a showcase of already existing, but not shipped items like SDCC. But I hope I'm wrong, I would very much like to see a Gandalf The Grey PF/12"

I'd love for a Pirates of the Carribbean line to be announced here....I don't expect to see anything probably like they did with SW a generic announcement but that is one line I'd definitely flip for. Part of me wants them to announce something like HT's Movie Masterpieces so we can get one or two figures from a film without going into a whole line...

Back