Toronto Fan Expo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in toronto ive never been but would like to know do they have a good varity of sideshow statues for sale or is it just comic books?

thanks

I live in toronto ive never been but would like to know do they have a good varity of sideshow statues for sale or is it just comic books?

thanks

Hey Batfan. Its definitely a lot of comic books but they have a lot of everything else too. Videogames, statues, etc. Its a pretty solid event IMO. Definitely makes for a fun few hours on a weekend.

Last edited:
If you see someone wearing skinny jeans paired up with green hightop sneakers, kindly approach that person with caution. You're in the presence of an omnipotent being. Tread wisely...

;)

Has anyone gone to the Silversnail Annual Midnight Madness Sale in Toronto before? What is typically on sale? Is it worth staying downtown for after the Fanexpo? Thanks for any insight
:borg:

Last edited:
From what i hear, yea it is worth it.

Since i have a car, i stay away from smelly downtown and usually go to comic shops outside the city. I do try to make to the Snail at least once a year though.

Hey maybe we can finally meet! haha
I think I am goign to go downtown to Fanexpo with my friends first then head home and have dinner with the wife and then drive down again just to check out the snail if it is worth it. Do you rememebr what they had on sale? Any Star Wars stuff (big ticket items?) and Hot Toys stuff? :p I am not so much iunto comics and non-HT stuff for now :D
I also wouldn't mind finding some Star Trek stuff as well as and if they have the Back To the Future DeLorean
:borg:

I hope Summer Glau and Felicia Day don't charge for autographs. I wonder if there's a heads up on who charges and who doesn't.

I hope Summer Glau and Felicia Day don't charge for autographs. I wonder if there's a heads up on who charges and who doesn't.

I have a feeling at least Summer Glau will. Last year every celebrity signing was charging. eg. Avery Brooks (Ben Sisko from DS9)

If you see someone wearing the exclusive SideShowFreaks t-shirt accentuated with a pair of skinny jeans and green hightop sneakers, bow down and kindly shower this celestial being offerings preferably cash, $20 minimum. No loose change, please? They hurt. If in case you ran out of money from buying rubbish, there are ATM machines scattered around the convention. You're welcome for the pleasure of my company...

;)

Anyone happen to see if Summer was signing Sunday and what the price for an autograph was?

Most of the signings that I saw today and Friday were $30-$40. Including Stan Lee's. That guy is still the coolest dude ever, and super nice in person.

How was everyone else's time at the Expo?

You people make me sick! Not one soul came up to greet me!:mad:

...but on the brightside, we got in FOR FREE!:D

You people make me sick! Not one soul came up to greet me!:mad:

...but on the brightside, we got in FOR FREE!:D

I forgot to check back on this thread. I thought you weren't going to be there!?

I was there on Friday which was my birthday as well (23 now :gah:). I was the last person to get Stan Lee's autograph that day. I was also clad in skinnies but I had an Iron Man shirt and I ALMOST decided to wear some green high tops. :lol

I forgot to check back on this thread. I thought you weren't going to be there!?

I was there on Friday which was my birthday as well (23 now :gah:). I was the last person to get Stan Lee's autograph that day. I was also clad in skinnies but I had an Iron Man shirt and I ALMOST decided to wear some green high tops. :lol

Yeah, Japan's really not that cheap. Plane tics I can get for free but a bullet train from Tokyo to Kyoto will cost me an arm and half a leg! Add accommodation, pocket money, etc. and I might as well offer my ass to the devil!:monkey4.....next time.:monkey2

Anyhoo, it was fun even though I chaperoned the entire time but the best part was that I didn't have to pay for entrance!:rock

:dance

IMG_9694.jpg

IMG_9695.jpg

Back