Long time lurker first time for a Hello!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gundamben831

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey all been on this forum for a few years now but really never said Hi, I know sad but we all make an introduction sometime. I can't really count how many 1/6 figures I have currently a lot of my collection is ThreeA related, I have a good handful of Sideshow GI JOE figures and a small but growing collection of Hot toys figures too. Sometimes I like the rare companies such as Devil Toys, 1000toys etc. etc. just for the unique figure designs. I am particularly fond of robotics and anything cyber related, as you can tell my handle is Gundam and yes I did collect a butt load of Gundam kits back in the day. Can't even begin to evaluate how much money I had spent on kits alone 1/100, 1/144, and the bigger sizes of the 1/60 scales. I am a huge movie nerd, love horror films and anything sci-fi related, only got to meet a few actors/actresses in my line of business (Hotel front desk supervisor)

Part of the reason why I stuck with my handle for so damn long is because it was from a childhood experience of a neighborhood comic shop and spending part of my hard earned first paychecks on Gundam, patlabor, anime DVD's you name it my local shop was my go to spot for all my import and toy needs. Shortly after few weeks of well spent checks I gained the name "Gundam-Ben" because I was literally the only person who was consistently buying kits from him and asking for more to be put on order to pick up on future dates. Sadly he lost his distributor and didn't buy as many kits from him but still occasionally buy some good graphic novels and other comic novels from him since I trust him ordering stuff for me still.

With the loss of my local Gundam fix I had to venture out and found an convention dedicated to Anime (Anime Expo) and had been going ever year since 2004 been bringing back all kinds of hauls. Sadly I know people ask if I've been to SDCC and no not yet. I just haven't been able to afford the tickets for the full convention and absolutely refuse to pay a scalper for something that I could have easily bought from their site(personally I think the whole "ticket" sale is BS for SDCC AX uses a registration system to assure everyone who is attending and don't have to deal with a middle-con-man for that ticket to a convention)

Gonna wrap this up with my appreciation for your time reading this, I know I'm not as unique as most collectors but I felt I should share a little about me. I will try my best to get some pictures of my room and its current setup, been trying to perfect the layout/figure genre set-ups.

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show, Ben!
wavesmile.gif

Looking forward to seeing pics of your collection. :)

Back