Tomy 1:10 Die-Cast BTTF Delorean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I backed it.

It reached its goal really quickly which is a good sign.

3593c20d5a63b6c2866e22cffba886d8_original.jpg

c3f0d616393f9311761daac3d25b0d33_original.jpg

86471ff8565e806be184c3ba5e95cb79_original.gif

5d6128955977669f7c5707a97e39cfa2_original.jpg

a79c3db5ffac0ccf71714545f8a31cf9_original.jpg

Takara Tomy has been making really small (gacha) toys from BTTF for a few years in Japan. It's cool they're expanding to make the car in a bigger scale.

Anyone think the NECA figures will actually be able to fit inside the car though?

Takara Tomy has been making really small (gacha) toys from BTTF for a few years in Japan. It's cool they're expanding to make the car in a bigger scale.

Anyone think the NECA figures will actually be able to fit inside the car though?
I'm thinking no - at least not comfortably and realistically what with there being no 'give' in hard plastic.

As usual with these things they're not shipping outside the US. Says I'd have to use Parcel Forwarding...not sure what that entails. And I'm confused as hell by all those options. I have no experience with kickstarters.

On their livestreams they said Marty will fit but they were scared to put Doc in because it was just a prototype and they worried putting him in would damage it. So I reckon Doc will fit with the door open, ala Hot Toys' version.

OK, signed up with MyUS forwarder for a single package, signed up for Kickstarter and ordered one of these. The $329 option (which I believe included the shipping to the US address) 1 Delorean and 1 Einstein if I've understood it correctly.

We all will get the Lightning Rod, right?

Slightly stressful. I've become so used to simple ordering through BBTS.

What's the difference between the $299 version and the $329 version?

It looks like the $299 version includes Einstein and the $329 version does not, but that doesn't make sense.

Technically the $299 tier was supposed to be for the people who paid the $5 for VIP, but there was no way to enforce that and I guess the idea was for it to go to everyone else eventually anyways? I don’t know what was up with that since the VIP ($299) seemed to have more spots anyways.

I’m not sure if this was up yesterday but I just noticed the stretch goals are now up. Looks like the lightning hook is pretty likely, but is it possible for the flame effects? There’s only 555 spots left which wouldn’t even get them over $1M.

IMG_2448.jpeg

Backed it to lock in the early bird. Will have to find a freight forwarder, or cancel before the 10th of August, if I change my mind.

Backed it to lock in the early bird. Will have to find a freight forwarder, or cancel before the 10th of August, if I change my mind.
One of those that ships from the US to other countries? Today is the first time I heard of this!
So you don't have to give this address already when backing? You can add it at a later time?

One of those that ships from the US to other countries? Today is the first time I heard of this!
So you don't have to give this address already when backing? You can add it at a later time?
I wasn't sure how the Kickstarter would work so I signed up to MyUS (which I'd remembered hearing about back during the Haslab Jabba's Sailbarge campaign) for a no-membership fee one parcel arrangement before putting down my order on the Kickstarter. Turns out they don't take a specific shipping address at this initial stage - you just click 'shipping to the US' for $30 or whatever it is. Presumably they request a full shipping address later at which point I tell them the US-based address I was assigned by MyUS.

I wasn't sure how the Kickstarter would work so I signed up to MyUS (which I'd remembered hearing about back during the Haslab Jabba's Sailbarge campaign) for a no-membership fee one parcel arrangement before putting down my order on the Kickstarter. Turns out they don't take a specific shipping address at this initial stage - you just click 'shipping to the US' for $30 or whatever it is. Presumably they request a full shipping address later at which point I tell them the US-based address I was assigned by MyUS.
Great, thank you!
I have signed up to Kickstarter before for other crowdfundings so I was not sure whether my address already is in their system. But yeah, I guess they will ask to provide another one in that case before shipping.

So nice of them to mention this on their page, I really never had heard about these before. There seem to be quite a few companies doing this.

Back