Tomy 1:10 Die-Cast BTTF Delorean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was as confused as everyone else. Didn’t pay $5 but got the early bird. Hook is secured as well

I was as confused as everyone else. Didn’t pay $5 but got the early bird. Hook is secured as well

The $5 basically turned out to be like a donation for Tomy to "gauge" interest in the project.

It was sort of like a bait and switch tactic on the part of Tomy but I'm not going to lose sleep over a measly $5.

So it looks like in about two weeks, this hasn’t managed to even jump $200k. At this rate, the flame tracks might not happen but who knows, maybe it’ll get to $1.4m with that finish line bump that Kickstarters normally get.

So it looks like in about two weeks, this hasn’t managed to even jump $200k. At this rate, the flame tracks might not happen but who knows, maybe it’ll get to $1.4m with that finish line bump that Kickstarters normally get.
Considering they moved the goalpost multiple times for the Enterprise, they should include the flames for this one if it even gets close.

Back to the Future Time Machine Die-Cast Metal Replica VIPs

BacktotheFuture_TOMY · 25m ·

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#
Happy Friday, VIPs! As promised, we have some exciting news to share with you all! After many discussions, we have confirmed that we will be able to include some colored wires on the dash in the final Time Machine model.

How is this possible?

There will be 23 different painted operations completed on the replica in order to bring this detail to life. Please see the revised digitally modified image attached.

Some of you have shared speculations that the colored wiring will be molded. That is incorrect: Wires will be painted, not molded.

In addition, as a sign of our devotion to the project, we will also be unlocking the Flame Tracks stretch goal earlier than we planned. All orders will now come with the Flame Tracks!

As you’re aware from the Facebook Lives, the final design has changed versus what is shown on the Kickstarter campaign. Please refer to the image in this post for the most up-to-date rendering.

One reason for changes to the model is our desire to fit 7" figures in a seated position in the driver's seat.

Finally, we are 95% sure that Doc will be able to sit in the vehicle!

We are sharing some CAD renderings so you can see the progress made, including the adjustments needed to the interior of the car that should allow Doc to fit. We already confirmed several weeks ago that Marty would fit without issue. At that time, the team was still working through slight modifications so that Doc could also fit. Now, it looks like he should be able to fit!

Related to this, these CAD renderings also show the alarm clock, which was always included in the model, but not shown in any photos previously.

With all of the above updates, we are planning a final Facebook Live on Tuesday (8/8) to go over these details with the team. We hope to see you live!

Thanks for being passionate followers of this project and for sharing what's important to you. This 1:10 scale die-cast replica is made by fans for fans of the Back to the Future movies, and we appreciate all of the generous posts by our committed VIPs over the last few weeks as we ironed out these details behind-the-scenes

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    976.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 0
Didn't think we had a thread on this here. Decided to go with this to have a Delorean in the collection instead of going with Hot Toys. Easier pill to swallow in both pricing + space.

The updated flames is also looking better than the initial prototype. I'm hoping that they offer a USB option instead of the 6 AAA battery thing that they have now. They mentioned in the comments that it's something they're looking into since it's been requested so much.

0f1d920581ba9539ddec60dd246688e3_original.png

Just got the email that my card has been charged.

Ships October next year...I hope my MyUS address is still...held....still valid at that point....never used a forwarder before.

Has anyone tried to contact them again via email or any other way?

I've got some issue with my payment but they haven't reply or addressed my problem for almost two weeks. it's like they go totally silence. Anyone here have access to TOMY team? A help would be most welcome guys. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back