THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Also, without saying too much, does anyone know what was going on with Selvig? As funny as it may have been, I didn't get it..."
i think it may have been fallout from his mind control from the avengers ,i think he says something to the effect of him having had a god in his head at some point

Just got back from this...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't wait to see it again :rock

I loved this movie! The whole cinema was cracking up during that

Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol Awesome! Not a good stand alone movie but great sequel! Nice battle sequence/s at the end too.

Btw,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Watched this today, thought it was really good overall some bits of humor didn't work imo but the rest was great for a comic book movie, i'd give it 8/10 and place it 3rd overall behind Avengers and Iron Man.

All the actors did well but Hopkins as always was perfect, Hemsworth further cemented himself as Thor and Hiddleston almost stole the show again for me.

All the bits i want to discuss are spoilers so not much else to add i'm afraid.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I din't know what the Collectore looks like in the comics but he looked very ridiculous to me.

Reminded me of this guy

382551-romero2_large.jpg
but more feminine

Just got back. I rate it a 7/10

Was entertaining enough i guess, one of those movies where you say it was good for what it was.

The humour was quite good at a few parts but embarassing at others.

Malekith was forgettable. He was a character with a legacy but you asked why, he never seemed to live up to this badass the movie was telling you he was, he pretty much left everything to the henchmen.

The Aether power that was the maguffin of the movie and the convergance event was continually told in exposition, but it was a case of talking alot but saying little, pretty much saying the same thing but using different words and telling us once was enough.

This movie tried to be the most dramatic of the MCU ones and imo it didn't really work as well as they intended. If it was just the Asgard scenes it would've acomplished it's goal but the Earth subplots and humour right after got in the way.

Same can be said for the first movie but the Earth scenes in those had Thor and were done better than this.

Hemsworth was the highlight, he did good in the role. Portman phoned it in imo, she seemed to just go through the motions. I liked Levi as Fandrall.

Spoilers for my thoughts on some scenes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree with you man. 7/10 for me as well.

It didn't have the emotional impact of the first Thor movie. The first one had (to me) heart felt moments, like when a heart-crushed Odin casts out Thor, when Thor couldn't lift up the hammer and feels utter defeat, when he smashes the Rainbow bridge. Good emotional moments.

This one lacks any of that, its very commercial, and is entertaining but after the hype of a new MCU movie wears down, 2 years down the line, you'll see what i mean. I felt there were too many comedic moments, the dramatic weight, hense the outcome of failing didn't feel like a big deal. Yes, some characters get hurt or even die, but you never feel like they are in alot of danger. You don't get a sense of panic or anything... its just really fluffy. However, i am still totally stoked for the new HT Thor 2 figure though !!!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I din't know what
Spoiler Spoiler:
looks like in the comics but he looked very ridiculous to me.

Reminded me of this guy

---but more feminine

Yeah he's always been weird looking, i didn't think he looked overly feminine though, he looked very much like the character to me, i think what's gonna throw a lot of people with Guardians is the over the top nature of some of the characters.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I haven't seen this yet, but I agree with stanlore that Marvel movies are just too "fluffy" sometimes. When I first watched the Avengers I thought it was perfect. I tried watching it again a couple months ago and turned it off. I'm sorry, its pretty lame. I'll never understand why they have Loki shooting laser beams out of a staff. He's played by the perfect actor and they treat the Loki character like crap. He's a god, people! Show him some respect!

On the other hand, I think the first Thor movie holds up well. Its a solid movie all the way through.

Regarding the end -

Spoiler Spoiler:

I have to say that mid credits scene did seem poorly put together, with the lighting, costumes and make up being pretty bad. It was almost as if was made by the people responsible for Agents of Shield.

Regarding the end -

Spoiler Spoiler:

Speaking of Heimdall

Spoiler Spoiler:

I have to say that mid credits scene did seem poorly put together, with the lighting, costumes and make up being pretty bad. It was almost as if was made by the people responsible for Agents of Shield.

Agree, it had a cheesy B-movie look to it.

I'm thinking of getting midnight tickets to see this next week.... is it worth it? lol

It looks like Jane Foster got a meatier role. What about Sif? Is she in this one more? What about Zachary Levi as Fandral? How's his screen time??

Screen time isn't much for the Three Warriors, more than in Thor i'd say. Sif does get the most attention of them, though her jealousy arc never goes anywhere and just stops.

Jane has alot more screentime.

Back