THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like another good one. I absolutely loved the first film so its good to hear this is at least as good as that one.

Just got back. I rate it a 7/10

Was entertaining enough i guess, one of those movies where you say it was good for what it was.

The humour was quite good at a few parts but embarassing at others.

Malekith was forgettable. He was a character with a legacy but you asked why, he never seemed to live up to this badass the movie was telling you he was, he pretty much left everything to the henchmen.

The Aether power that was the maguffin of the movie and the convergance event was continually told in exposition, but it was a case of talking alot but saying little, pretty much saying the same thing but using different words and telling us once was enough.

This movie tried to be the most dramatic of the MCU ones and imo it didn't really work as well as they intended. If it was just the Asgard scenes it would've acomplished it's goal but the Earth subplots and humour right after got in the way.

Same can be said for the first movie but the Earth scenes in those had Thor and were done better than this.

Hemsworth was the highlight, he did good in the role. Portman phoned it in imo, she seemed to just go through the motions. I liked Levi as Fandrall.

Spoilers for my thoughts on some scenes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Seeing it tomorrow, was meant to go today but had work to finish. Looking forward to it and hopefully some hints at GOTG or Thanos etc. Bascially some cosmic marvel stuff.

Seeing it tomorrow, was meant to go today but had work to finish. Looking forward to it and hopefully some hints at GOTG or Thanos etc. Bascially some cosmic marvel stuff.

Stay for the mid-credits.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nothing you say can change that DOFP trailer. :rotfl

tumblr_mbphniwdaM1qjyr3go1_400.gif

Back