THOR: The Dark World

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THOR: The sequel

SCOOP: THOR 2 TO BEGIN PRODUCTION IN JANUARY 2012; OTHERWORLDLY CHARACTERS SET TO RETURN
BY PIETRO FILIPPONI
PUBLISHED: JULY 31, 2011 - 1:34AM

Though director Kenneth Branagh's replacement in the upcoming sequel has yet to be named, sources close to the production have revealed to us that the project is scheduled to begin filming early next year.

Chris Hemsworth will reprise his larger than life role as Marvel Studios' God of Thunder in Thor 2 which is tentatively scheduled for theatrical release on July 28th, 2013. Director Kenneth Branagh -- who garnered much praise for his dedication to the first film -- is not attached to return. Screenwriter Don Payne, who was one of the contributors to the Thor script, has been hired to produce a treatment for the sequel.

We've recently learned that Thor 2 is being geared to begin filming in early January 2012. Also, actors Ray Stevenson, Josh Dallas, Jaimie Alexander, Tadanobu Asano and Idris Elba (who play Volstagg, Fandrall, Sif, Hogun and Heimdall, respectively) will have major parts in the film. Supposedly, Thor 2 will not feature a return to Earth but will instead explore several other of the Nine Realms including Hel.

There's no word yet whether Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins or Natalie Portman are slated to return as well.

Looking forward to it. Would like to see a return to Earth for a bit but also interested to see other areas that Thor would deal within his own realm.

Also, actors Ray Stevenson, Josh Dallas, Jaimie Alexander, Tadanobu Asano and Idris Elba (who play Volstagg, Fandrall, Sif, Hogun and Heimdall, respectively) will have major parts in the film. Supposedly, Thor 2 will not feature a return to Earth but will instead explore several other of the Nine Realms including Hel.

Sounds awesome! Bring it on! :rock :rock :rock

I like the idea of Earth based Thor in the Avengers films and Asgard based Thor in his stand alone sequels. Sounds good to me.

SCOOP: THOR 2 TO BEGIN PRODUCTION IN JANUARY 2012; OTHERWORLDLY CHARACTERS SET TO RETURN
BY PIETRO FILIPPONI
PUBLISHED: JULY 31, 2011 - 1:34AM

Though director Kenneth Branagh's replacement in the upcoming sequel has yet to be named, sources close to the production have revealed to us that the project is scheduled to begin filming early next year.

Chris Hemsworth will reprise his larger than life role as Marvel Studios' God of Thunder in Thor 2 which is tentatively scheduled for theatrical release on July 28th, 2013. Director Kenneth Branagh -- who garnered much praise for his dedication to the first film -- is not attached to return. Screenwriter Don Payne, who was one of the contributors to the Thor script, has been hired to produce a treatment for the sequel.

We've recently learned that Thor 2 is being geared to begin filming in early January 2012. Also, actors Ray Stevenson, Josh Dallas, Jaimie Alexander, Tadanobu Asano and Idris Elba (who play Volstagg, Fandrall, Sif, Hogun and Heimdall, respectively) will have major parts in the film. Supposedly, Thor 2 will not feature a return to Earth but will instead explore several other of the Nine Realms including Hel.

There's no word yet whether Tom Hiddleston, Anthony Hopkins or Natalie Portman are slated to return as well.

Sounds good. I would like to see maybe Hela or Amora(enchantress) getting into the Thor Movie-verse...they were always interesting characters to me. The two could also indirectly involve Loki, which I wouldn't mind at all. Since we already saw Earth, Asgard, and Jotunnheim, Hela and Niffleheim would be interesting.

SCOOP: THOR 2 TO BEGIN PRODUCTION IN JANUARY 2012...

Yes, yes, yes! Go off the end, into other realms with this sequel! It would be sad if a sequel ends up with him just pining for Jane and doing more of the same...be as different as possible!

I'm really anxious to hear who's directing...

I like the idea of Earth based Thor in the Avengers films and Asgard based Thor in his stand alone sequels. Sounds good to me.

My thoughts :exactly:

There's such history of Thor away from Earth-- visually it could be really stunning as well.

So are we thinking Loki again? Kinda hard to do the Absorbing Man or the Wrecking Crew or any of those Earth based villains then. :(

I would expect Loki to be involved in all Thor movies. He's kind of a consistant thorn in Thor's side.

I was just thinking the same as I read that new info.

I'm very excited for this sequel, and to be honest I'm glad its further away than 2012. What with Avengers and TDK being the big super-hero films for 2012, it'll be nice to have one ready (and a good one I'm hoping) for the following year. Assuming that you know, the world doesn't decide to be a _____ and end.

I think Thor being set somewhere other than Earth is cool, but if they do that I wonder how they will handle the cliffhanger between Thor and Jane.

Back