There Can Be Only One: pick only one sixth scale figure to keep.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's just one thing then it's gotta be the ash vs evil dead custom I spent almost 2 years putting together ! (Once the evil dead 2 ash from Asmus toys comes out it'll probably change to that)
IMG_20210206_212909~6.jpg

Last edited:
Freak show continues, now as per ZE_501 updated list (hopefully in order) ...
Apologies if the criteria dropped you out or couldn't find the (non specified) image to rep.
Star Wars franchises; Vader Freaks, then Terminator Freaks dominate.
As well as some new members, the Freak Pantheon now have a Mnt. Olympus and couple of lairs to hang out in, some new vehicles and weapons.
BoM23rM.jpg

Last edited:
I feel like this would look fantastic next to Tyler Durden...
Coincidentally, James Dean (as Jim Stark) and Tyler Durden are my two favourite movie characters of all time, and I do actually have them displayed together... The colour combination is almost exactly the same, but Dean is more neat and bright, whereas Tyler is more gritty and dull-looking.

Last edited:
Apologies if the criteria dropped you out or couldn't find the (non specified) image to rep.
Star Wars franchises; Vader, then Terminator Freaks dominate.
Besides new members, now they have a Mnt Olympus/couple of lairs to hang out in, some new vehicles and weapons.
BoM23rM.jpg
I like the variety thus far. Star Wars dominates, but that's to be expected. It's a bummer that I can't come up with anything, but who knows, maybe by 2025 I'll have chosen something... Thanks for taking me off the collage, I appreciate it. It drove me nuts to be there based on a dishonest response.

My very first hot toy was the DX9 Batman, but I do love the Batman Returns costume more, it’s a hard choice between those two to be honest

Star Wars franchises; Vader, then Terminator Freaks dominate.
Besides new members, now they have a Mnt Olympus/couple of lairs to hang out in, some new vehicles and weapons.
BoM23rM.jpg
Very cool image with everyone's choices. Almost like an evolution with Vader and Terminator being so prevalent.
My very first hot toy was the DX9 Batman, but I do love the Batman Returns costume more, it’s a hard choice between those two to be honest
I have them both and they are awesome figures. I like the 89 suit better but the returns figure with the ratchet arms edges it out for me. Both have such presence though.

They really do, it’s one of those few figures that feels like having a real person in your shelf, but you are right I forgot about the ratchet arms which help out a lot, so I would stick with the Batman Returns figure hahaha

Man this is hardddd. The figure with the most shelf presence is by far the Hot Toys Hulkbuster. But I don't have much of an emotional connection with the movie its from. Out of all the figures I have I'd probably keep my 1/4th scale Hot Toys Vader. But that doesn't meet the criteria haha.

[...]

Although I don't own it yet, I'll go out on a limb and say the upcoming HT Classic Spider-Man. That one figure's costume overlaps so many eras of my life, and reaches right back to childhood where my earliest action figure memory is a Mego Spidey. (I think it was, anyway).

[...]

So ZE_501 now that you have it in hand, would you say you still stand by your decision? ;)

Easy, Sideshow/Weta Sauron PF

Lord Of The Rings has been my favourite book series since I was ten. Saw the movies over a hundred times in theatres and re watch them at least every other month.

If it comes down to only one, I'd go with my Hot Toys Terminator 2 DX10 figure. The Arnold sculpt wasn't really great, but I appreciate the tailoring. The jacket and pants were also made of real leather, if I recall correctly.

The very first full figure I worked on, LIM Gunslinger, it will forever hold a special place in my heart, it made two dreams of mine come true and me and everyone who worked on it are very proud of how it came out.

Easy, Sideshow/Weta Sauron PF

Lord Of The Rings has been my favourite book series since I was ten. Saw the movies over a hundred times in theatres and re watch them at least every other month.
Sidebar: the Balrog in Fellowship of the Ring remains one of the most impressive movie monsters I've ever seen put on-screen. Literally shadow and flame ... when its mouth gaped open to 'scream' at Gandalf and all you heard was a furnace blast of flame instead of a standard creature roar ... it was just perfect.

Back