There Can Be Only One Redux: Star Wars Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8al81i.jpg

To represent the Disney Era there can be only one^;
DJ is the single "greatest" character symbol of the betrayal where the Disney regime steered the franchise.
Worth repeating;
DJ is the "greatest" character symbol of where the Disney regime steered the franchise.
He should have a figure to represent that.
In his Imperial "POWER" uniform, with his symbolic blood-money, so he can stand atop everyone's reimagined and forgettable Sequel Trilogy characters, forever looking down at them with contempt.

The failed useless deadbeat, suicide by his own brat, Solo
Can't get anyone to follow her, weak, slappy, and least inspiring leader Leia.
Absolute coward, now slave to fear, slave to Jedi dogma, hiding from his path, his friends, and responsibility, betraying everything he learned and was, Jedi failure Luke.
Slapped, neutered and put in his place Poe
Checked, no game, won't lead anyone to freedom, no purpose Finn,...
...except to tender, cattle-prod get my way, Chihuahuahorse liberating, Rose.
And, faultless, supreme Rey.

Of all the forgettable recessive, derivative characters the Disney story group put out, the only unique character worthy of respect, their definitive regime symbol, is Deejay!

e292dcf5e044639a8ca10ab1dd9643b8.jpg

Collecting his I got payed reward.

Last edited:
Ummm duh...

Darth Vader obviously. It is the Skywalker saga after all.

How could it be anything else? :cuckoo:

:lol

The only other possible choice would be the pair of R2 & 3PO. Can't have one of those without the other.

Agree with Loki2371.

3PO and R2 should always come as a pair (unless your name is JJ Abrams). The first ever Star Wars characters to appear on screen in the greatest 40ish minutes of Star Wars ever (the Tatooine part of A New Hope). If I sold every Star Wars figure I own I'd still keep my Tamashi 3PO and Hot Toys R2, they're just far too iconic to not have represented somewhere in everyone's collection.

Agree with Loki2371.

3PO and R2 should always come as a pair (unless your name is JJ Abrams). The first ever Star Wars characters to appear on screen ....
Also 3P0 is the first to speak
And I think the only character(s) (and only actor Daniels) to appear in every principle saga movie.
Though I agree they were mostly sidelined by Disney.

But to me Star Wars is the Father Son, Vader to Luke saga, you need one or both,

Be it fallen Dark Anakin, any Vader, Tatooine Binary Sun Luke, Cave Vision Luke & Vader, Empire I am your Father Luke & Vader, final standoff Return of the Jedi Luke & Vader, or funeral pyre Luke & Vader.
Any one referencing those, That is the saga.
Everything else is ancillary.

Last edited:
No takers for Baby Yoda

Disney GIF
Nope. To me there is OT, PT, ST, and disney ST. But without the OT, none of the others would have happened. I treat them as separate entities although I know they are all related, they dont feel that way when I watch them. Take out the names and they are about as related as watching star trek, battlestar galactica, and battle beyond the stars.

I like grogu though.

Agree with Loki2371.

3PO and R2 should always come as a pair (unless your name is JJ Abrams). The first ever Star Wars characters to appear on screen in the greatest 40ish minutes of Star Wars ever (the Tatooine part of A New Hope). If I sold every Star Wars figure I own I'd still keep my Tamashi 3PO and Hot Toys R2, they're just far too iconic to not have represented somewhere in everyone's collection.
That Tamashi C-3PO is an absolute masterpiece. It is also in my “permanent collection.”

That Tamashi C-3PO is an absolute masterpiece. It is also in my “permanent collection.”
It really is. Stunning. My favourite figure in the collection and the one figure I’d save if the house was on fire. When Hot Toys inevitably make their diecast OT 3PO, I’ll just add another to the collection, no way would I part with the Tamashi.

It really is. Stunning. My favourite figure in the collection and the one figure I’d save if the house was on fire. When Hot Toys inevitably make their diecast OT 3PO, I’ll just add another to the collection, no way would I part with the Tamashi.
I'm not sure why I passed on it back in the day. Even when it went on sale. I guess I thought Hot Toys was going to one-up it. Almost a decade later ... :ROFLMAO:

So without going back through the thread exhaustively (and also recalling a similar thread a while back), so far it seems like the top definitive figures for Star Wars collectors are:
  • Darth Vader
  • Luke Skywalker
  • R2D2 & C3PO
... honorable mention going to Stormtroopers. But Vader is a clear winner.

I'm not sure why I passed on it back in the day. Even when it went on sale. I guess I thought Hot Toys was going to one-up it. Almost a decade later ... :ROFLMAO:
I only managed to pick it up last year. Managed to get it less than half the price it usually goes for as the left shoulder didn’t rotate (not a big deal for a droid tbh), the waist grabber was broken, and the restraining bolt was missing.

Yeah can’t see how Hot Toys could top it, unless they included their sand base with human footprints 😂. Seriously though they could use their new LED light-up function for the eyes, and include the Golden God chair from ROTJ. That’s what I’m hoping for anyway. I actually believe they’ll do him for the ROTJ 40th, maybe along with R2 and the drinks trolley. No reason not to now they have the AOTC version out there.

There is a strong lack of pictures in this thread IMO, given that we choose our favorite SW character in collectible format! :lecture

This is a no brainer for me, as I already chose him in the general 'only choose one' thread: my custom ESB Vader.
313526-IMG-4996-2-small.jpg

Vader was a popular choice when we did the other, broader version of this question. There was a time when I would have chosen the stormtrooper but I think at this point, my personal issue with Vader and stormtroopers is that they look cool as hell but they're evil, so displayed alone they offend my sense of optimism. :ROFLMAO:
Interesting perspective. I consider myself a pretty adamant optimist nowadays, but it doesn't translate to my collection at all, particularly in SW. The bad guys just look too cool. :lol

Boba Fett would be a killer choice as well. Used universe, mystery, scum and villainy. Looks very retro too.
Once I get around to customizing my Sandtroopers (with custom buckets) they might actually replace Vader for this exact reason. But in their current state, they just don't make the cut.

Back