There Can Be Only One Redux: Star Wars Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZE_501

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
The last time we did this a lot of Star Wars showed up amongst the other properties.

Star Wars is one of the most problematic themes for collectors given the sheer number of characters and multiple versions thereof available.

If you could only choose one figure to represent ALL of Star Wars, what would it be?

I would choose R2-D2. Specifically the upcoming Hot Toys AOTC version (not because of the PT association but because it's well weathered, which is how I remember him from 1977).

It's an O.G. character with fantastical abilities, encapsulating the optimism of the saga, the magic of non-human creatures and sentient machines, showcasing the 'used universe' aesthetic.

Take a look at your shelves and picture them almost empty. One character only. Be brutal. Go!

It’s gotta be Darth Vader. One of the most recognizable characters ever created and everyone knows the name.
Vader was a popular choice when we did the other, broader version of this question. There was a time when I would have chosen the stormtrooper but I think at this point, my personal issue with Vader and stormtroopers is that they look cool as hell but they're evil, so displayed alone they offend my sense of optimism. :ROFLMAO:
For me, I would select Boba Fett but in reality it has to be Vader. I do like the R2 call as well but nothing represents Star Wars like Vader.
Boba Fett would be a killer choice as well. Used universe, mystery, scum and villainy. Looks very retro too.

Vader, no question about it. He's an icon.

Vader was a popular choice when we did the other, broader version of this question. There was a time when I would have chosen the stormtrooper but I think at this point, my personal issue with Vader and stormtroopers is that they look cool as hell but they're evil, so displayed alone they offend my sense of optimism. :ROFLMAO:

Boba Fett would be a killer choice as well. Used universe, mystery, scum and villainy. Looks very retro too.
There's nothing evil about bringing order to the galaxy and blasting xenos. I don't see how that's not optimistic.

Back