There Can Be Only One Redux: Star Wars Only

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vader is the only answer that makes any sense to me as no other character can singularly represent the fan hide as well as that costume and every other main character works best in a pair; Threepio and R2-D2, Han and Chewie, Luke and Leia, Obi Wan and Anakin.

Fett can stand alone but his is not the Star Wars story. He’s a minuscule part of it. It’s the Anakin Saga. Mando is a great sole representive for The Mandalorian but not Star Wars as a whole. That can really only be Vader.

The upcoming Kenobi show Vader in particular with the optional battle damaged helmet would give you the best variety of display options and ability to represent different eras.

Really hard. I would say that Darth Vader's obviously the most iconic and most recognizable. But Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader if I had to pick two. But again, Vader is definitely I think the most iconic part of Star Wars in terms of being recognizable to everyone

A bit of tough decision. Even though I don't have particularly as vast SW figures as I do superheroes, it's still tricky. I would say the QS Darth Vader, since it was my first higher-end SW figure, and I did plan to have it represent all of SW in my collection, but now many other SW figures later - :lol Really pondering about it, I think I'd go with my QS Mandalorian, since the show was the first SW content I watched and kickstarted my interest in it.

(BUT - hypothetically, a HT 1/4 ANH Princess Leia would most probably supersede all other SW figures if it were made.)

Has to be ANH Luke.

Updated headsculpt for the 50th.
Before Hot Toys went all out with the license (back when DX07 was all we had from them) I pictured Hot Toys versions of ANH Luke and Leia in my head; they came insanely close to that picture with Leia but dropped the ball on the Luke portrait. I wonder if all these years and Lukes later they could get it right ...

Tarkin. It is the Hot Toy that got me into 1/6 scale collecting. And without Peter Cushing lending his talents to ANH, the menace of the Empire could have easily fallen flat like the clowns of the First Order.

As much as I'd want to pick an OT figure, I'd say Hot Toys Captain Rex.

I'm a trooper focused collector so he'd represent troopers along with Clones, the 501st, TCW, and the Siege of Mandalore on top of already being a great character that spans multiple eras.

Plus it's a solid figure with nothing to worry about over time.

Runner ups would be Snowspeeder Luke, Stormtrooper Han, ROTJ Leia, and HT R2-D2 Deluxe.

my personal issue with Vader and stormtroopers is that they look cool as hell but they're evil

They're only evil if you don't believe in a peaceful, prosperous, and stable galaxy. :lol

Although you do bring up an interesting point. Okay so they're on the wrong side, but I don't think of Stormtroopers as inherently evil per se.

Vader yes. But many Imperial troopers are just regular people who are doing their jobs (up to a certain point) since they're not privy to the machinations of the Sith way above their pay grade.

Last edited:
They're only evil if you don't believe in a peaceful, prosperous, and stable galaxy. :lol

Although you do bring up an interesting point. Okay so they're on the wrong side, but I don't think of Stormtroopers as inherently evil per se.

Vader yes. But many Imperial troopers are just regular people who are doing their jobs (up to a certain point) since they're not privy to the machinations of the Sith way above their pay grade.
LOL ... the old argument. Some troopers look like they're just doing their jobs, such as they are ... but plenty of them are seen to bully, assault and murder citizens as part of their "job" so I can't really give 'em a free pass. :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

LOL ... the old argument. Some troopers look like they're just doing their jobs, such as they are ... but plenty of them are seen to bully, assault and murder citizens as part of their "job" so I can't really give 'em a free pass. :ROFLMAO:

It's true, which is why I said up to a certain point. But we really only see a relatively tiny sample size of what must be millions upon millions of troopers throughout the galaxy.

Andor did an excellent job of showing a wider range of Imperials with more nuance instead of just stereotypical evil bully so I appreciate that.

It's true, which is why I said up to a certain point. But we really only see a relatively tiny sample size of what must be millions upon millions of troopers throughout the galaxy.

Andor did an excellent job of showing a wider range of Imperials with more nuance instead of just stereotypical evil bully so I appreciate that.

Agreed. I like to think a good portion of them believed they were fighting for a good cause. I would like to see a full on movie from the perspective of a Stormtrooper who's just doing their job/duties. Of course we only get to see a relative size and see them cast mainly as the antagonists. Shoot, if I were to grow up in the SW universe (without any knowledge beforehand), I think I'd end up joining the Stormtrooper Corps.

Empire strikes back bespin gantry vader. I pity anyone who didnt see this in 1980 and I'm not sure how it could really be recreated because vader being luke's father is so commonly referenced.

Back