There Can Be Only One: pick only one sixth scale figure to keep.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate that you’ve been keeping a list. You should keep your original post updated with it for ease of reference.
May have something to do with the board migration, but I can't edit the original post anymore. So here's our updated list with 32 confirmed sets of steel in the pants:

NERD BALLS OF STEEL
  1. ZE_501 -- Upcoming HT Classic Suit Spidey
  2. FlyAndFight -- 1:1 R2
  3. loki2371 -- Vintage Kenner Darth Vader
  4. punisher1974 -- Punisher omnibus
  5. a-dev -- HT MMS136 Tech Noir T-800 (then faints from trauma)
  6. demorathis -- EFX Legendary ANH Vader helmet
  7. Mondragon -- Mego Zorro
  8. Matner77 -- Premium Format Raiders Indy with custom paint
  9. **16K** -- GI Joe (Land Adventurer)
  10. Wor-Gar -- Kenner Darth Vader with telescoping lightsaber.
  11. BACON! -- 1/4 scale Terminator on travertine column
  12. agonistes86 -- custom 1/6 ESB Darth Vader
  13. xipotec ? PCS Kessler Wolf
  14. choombaz -- HT 1/6 Indy
  15. matrix69 -- HT 1/4 Darth Vader
  16. Lejuan -- custom 1/6 scale Albert Einstein (Feng's Studio sculpt + How2Work Einstein set)
  17. Zurdo95D -- Queen Studios Captain Marvel Life Sized Bust
  18. Voorhees27 -- 1/4 Scale Enterbay BD T-800
  19. Godfather1408 -- 1/4 Scale Ray Manzarek
  20. Star-Crunch -- Dark Side Anakin
  21. Bilbo Skywalker -- 1/4 HT Vader
  22. roc bolt -- 1/4 Mk42
  23. rangler -- vintage Kenner Darth Vader
  24. DeltaForceChung -- generic antiquated 1/6 figure (pin-up theme)
  25. shells075 -- HT Tech Noir T-800
  26. Matticus -- HT Armoured Batman
  27. Matner77 -- 1/350th TOS Enterprise
  28. Star-Crunch -- Custom tots Michael Myers
  29. JMT1979 -- HT Spider-Man Tech Suit (Homecoming)
  30. Gipeto0812 -- HT Tron Legacy Lightcycle
  31. Drake -- Original 70s Han Solo Blaster (gifted from father)
  32. MyenShi -- EFX Signature Edition Episode V Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot Helmet (Signed by Mark Hamill)

Sobbing on the Gantry in Cloud City
  1. Otomofan -- finds it sick
  2. TheDucky -- has narrowed it down somewhat :lol -- something Star Wars
  3. Preshea -- finds it literally impossible
  4. Mr Walker -- still in the Bargaining Stage of grief
  5. TurdFurgosonsHat - chooses to mock
  6. darthkostis - abstains in a sea of reference points

There can be only one.

If there can only be one then for sure I’ll be keeping this baby!!! WETA Glamdring.

1628775831495.jpeg

While I too am with Otomofan and find it sick to think about, if I absolutely had to it would be a Fett and it would be the ESB Fett narrowly beating out the Kenner Vintage Fett. Oh the humanity though... Can I just keep one character? That would certainly make me feel better :)

Well for pop culture nothing touches Star Wars for me going back to some of my earliest memories all the way through today. I know it would be either something Luke Skywalker or Boba Fett related. In the end I'd have to go with Luke. He was there front and center in 1977, I loved his character throughout the 80's, loved his Dark Empire look in the 90's, enjoyed purchasing the 1990 VHS trilogy and 1995 THX laserdiscs to enjoy for the remainder of the 90's, and baby Luke fared much better in the PT than kid Fett. I'm one of the few who loved his portrayal in the ST and watching him and Yoda talk about the next generation growing beyond them with my kids sitting next to me in the theater was a wonderfully poignant moment for me.

I still almost went with Fett due to his awesomely iconic design and redemption in Mando but hey Luke turned out pretty awesome in Mando too. And I didn't name my son Boba, lol.

So having said all that which Luke collectible? It's a tough one but I'll go with this:

esb luke.jpg

They say never meet your heroes but fortunately he was wonderfully pleasant in person. I deliberately asked him to sign this photo because the image is of my favorite Topps trading card that I looked at day after day waiting for the theatrical release of ESB.

Well for pop culture nothing touches Star Wars for me going back to some of my earliest memories all the way through today. I know it would be either something Luke Skywalker or Boba Fett related. In the end I'd have to go with Luke. He was there front and center in 1977, I loved his character throughout the 80's, loved his Dark Empire look in the 90's, enjoyed purchasing the 1990 VHS trilogy and 1995 THX laserdiscs to enjoy for the remainder of the 90's, and baby Luke fared much better in the PT than kid Fett. I'm one of the few who loved his portrayal in the ST and watching him and Yoda talk about the next generation growing beyond them with my kids sitting next to me in the theater was a wonderfully poignant moment for me.

I still almost went with Fett due to his awesomely iconic design and redemption in Mando but hey Luke turned out pretty awesome in Mando too. And I didn't name my son Boba, lol.

So having said all that which Luke collectible? It's a tough one but I'll go with this:

View attachment 534427

They say never meet your heroes but fortunately he was wonderfully pleasant in person. I deliberately asked him to sign this photo because the image is of my favorite Topps trading card that I looked at day after day waiting for the theatrical release of ESB.
Very cool item to have as the one. Always was a great pose too. Congrats on meeting Master Skywalker Khev. I almost went with Star Wars Or Indiana Jones But in the end Punisher is my favorite.

Updated list with 36 confirmed sets of steel in the pants:

NERD BALLS OF STEEL
  1. ZE_501 -- Upcoming HT Classic Suit Spidey
  2. FlyAndFight -- 1:1 R2
  3. loki2371 -- Vintage Kenner Darth Vader
  4. punisher1974 -- Punisher omnibus
  5. a-dev -- HT MMS136 Tech Noir T-800 (then faints from trauma)
  6. demorathis -- EFX Legendary ANH Vader helmet
  7. Mondragon -- Mego Zorro
  8. Matner77 -- Premium Format Raiders Indy with custom paint
  9. **16K** -- GI Joe (Land Adventurer)
  10. Wor-Gar -- Kenner Darth Vader with telescoping lightsaber.
  11. BACON! -- 1/4 scale Terminator on travertine column
  12. agonistes86 -- custom 1/6 ESB Darth Vader
  13. xipotec ? PCS Kessler Wolf
  14. choombaz -- HT 1/6 Indy
  15. matrix69 -- HT 1/4 Darth Vader
  16. Lejuan -- custom 1/6 scale Albert Einstein (Feng's Studio sculpt + How2Work Einstein set)
  17. Zurdo95D -- Queen Studios Captain Marvel Life Sized Bust
  18. Voorhees27 -- 1/4 Scale Enterbay BD T-800
  19. Godfather1408 -- 1/4 Scale Ray Manzarek
  20. Star-Crunch -- Dark Side Anakin
  21. Bilbo Skywalker -- 1/4 HT Vader
  22. roc bolt -- 1/4 Mk42
  23. rangler -- vintage Kenner Darth Vader
  24. DeltaForceChung -- generic antiquated 1/6 figure (pin-up theme)
  25. shells075 -- HT Tech Noir T-800
  26. Matticus -- HT Armoured Batman
  27. Matner77 -- 1/350th TOS Enterprise
  28. Star-Crunch -- Custom tots Michael Myers
  29. JMT1979 -- HT Spider-Man Tech Suit (Homecoming)
  30. Gipeto0812 -- HT Tron Legacy Lightcycle
  31. Drake -- Original 70s Han Solo Blaster (gifted from father)
  32. MyenShi -- EFX Signature Edition Episode V Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot Helmet (Signed by Mark Hamill)
  33. willocrew -- WETA Glamdring
  34. ProtocolID -- MOTUC Castle Grayskull
  35. darth dennis -- cries humanity but does what needs to be done: ESB Fett
  36. Khev -- signed Bespin Luke photo.

Sobbing on the Gantry in Cloud City
  1. Otomofan -- finds it sick
  2. TheDucky -- has narrowed it down somewhat :lol -- something Star Wars
  3. Preshea -- finds it literally impossible
  4. Mr Walker -- still in the Bargaining Stage of grief
  5. TurdFurgosonsHat - chooses to mock
  6. darthkostis - abstains in a sea of reference points

There can be only one.

If there can only be one then for sure I’ll be keeping this baby!!! WETA Glamdring.

Beautiful replica. I've always loved swords but never got into collecting them.

While I too am with Otomofan and find it sick to think about, if I absolutely had to it would be a Fett and it would be the ESB Fett narrowly beating out the Kenner Vintage Fett.
Which ESB Fett?

Well for pop culture nothing touches Star Wars for me

Very cool item to have as the one. Always was a great pose too. Congrats on meeting Master Skywalker Khev. I almost went with Star Wars Or Indiana Jones But in the end Punisher is my favorite.

If I hadn't gone with Spidey I think it'd have to be Star Wars followed by Batman. Although Batman was my second memory of an action figure (also Mego and concurrent with Spidey) my memories of the character are all over the place with his many incarnations ... split between Adam West, Neal Adams Bats and Keaton Bats I guess.

I agree with Khev that it has to be Luke; my three favourite looks being Farmboy, X-Wing and Snowspeeder. For collectibles it'd be HT Snowspeeder, pre-order though it is.

I've narrowed it down Toys McCoy Indiana Jones and Big Chief 4th Doctor (Tom Baker).

The Toys McCoy Indy has been a grail of mine, ever since it first came out, and to finally have one, even though there are better figures of Dr. Jones available, is a huge achievement for me. I've had the Sideshow, Medicom, Kenner and still have the Hot Toys versions and they are all great, but none of them has the WOW factor for me as the Toys McCoy that for so long was out of reach for me.

The Doctor (Tom Baker) is a character that I wanted a 12" figure of since seeing the days of the Kenner Star Wars and Indiana Jones lines. Product Enterprises showed a prototype way back that never went into production, and at that point, I thought I'd never see one. Then Big Chief showed the theirs and I pre-ordered him, day 1. Hell, I was even able to snag one of the 300 that were signed by Tom himself. This figure has only gone back in the box when I moved from L.A. to Houston.

Both have such a special place in my heart, that I can't decide. I've got a lot of other figures that are great and I truly love them, but Toys McCoy Indy and BCS The Fourth Doctor are the ones I'd grab in a fire.

since this is pick one sixth scale figure to keep and I mainly collect 1/3.Out of the 11 Hot Toys 1/6 scale figures I have it has to be Iron Man Midas Die-Cast.
It's actually modified (as of the first post) to just one collectible. Doesn't matter what.

View attachment 534427

Nice! I also named my son Luke but Boba is my favorite character by a mile. "Fett" actually might've been a pretty cool name. Oh well :)

NqP6fVF.jpg

This guy.

He was my favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. man as a child. I foolishly traded him to a neighborhood kid for five of his mediocre figures. It was an instant regret and taught me a big lesson in quality vs quantity. A few years ago, a friend of mine was selling his old figures and was kind enough to give me this one.

I have owned many extravagant figures and statues over the years, but this one little M.U.S.C.L.E. man always brings me back and humbles me when the world starts to get too big.

It's really hard for me to not go with something related to Star Wars, comics, or Lord of the Rings, but I've given it a lot of thought. If there is only one piece of pop culture I get, I'll take the one that is actually 4867 pieces: LEGO Ninjago City. I love Lego, and this set is just so detailed and fun. You can cook crabs! It's got a working ATM! It's even got a comic shop of its own! It's not a sixth scale figure, but does it still count? The cost was about the same.

It's really hard for me to not go with something related to Star Wars, comics, or Lord of the Rings, but I've given it a lot of thought. If there is only one piece of pop culture I get, I'll take the one that is actually 4867 pieces: LEGO Ninjago City. I love Lego, and this set is just so detailed and fun. You can cook crabs! It's got a working ATM! It's even got a comic shop of its own! It's not a sixth scale figure, but does it still count? The cost was about the same.
Totally counts. As of the first post I went from 'one figure' to 'one collectible'. This set is also the only attempt at finding loopholes that actually works. :ROFLMAO:

All 4,867 pieces of it.

Back