The Wolverine?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... wait... you're saying that Part of Cap's classic origin story... hurts the movie for you?

Not trying to troll.. I just.... find that odd.

I do get where you're coming from, however, I feel the overarching, connected story universe allows for the telling of better, more involved, more intelegent stories ( Lord of the rings, anyone?).

I'm not saying that's allways the case, but if used properly, it most definitely can be. Additionaly, if its inteded to be the same universe, it NEEDS to make sense and fit.

For you, you've taken the viewpoint that if it dosn't fit, then it's it's own parallel universe. And while there is nothing wrong with that line of thinking, it's NOT the case of these movies. they are intended to be all one universe. And it's a mess.

I'm Pretty sure FOX understands this, as for all future films ( after "the wolverine) are now being overseen by Mark Millar to help keep things like the emma frost incident from happening from here on out.

Followup, speaking about wolverine comics, separate from x-men comics. Those don't take place in their own continuity. They DO take place in the main Marvel universe. they're, " alone adventures" that wolverine goes on from time to time, and get referenced in main x-men continuity.
They separate it, as the way wolverine acts around his "friends" and when he's on his own... to spare his friends the more.... violent parts of his life.

So... wait... you're saying that Part of Cap's classic origin story... hurts the movie for you?

Not trying to troll.. I just.... find that odd.

I loved Cap:TFA but the ending felt too soon & very disjointed from the rest of the film. Instead of feeling a natural flow it felt forced to get the Avengers going.

I would of preffered to see another film in WW2 before heading to the future, or to see his future film come before his appearance in TA so they could find him in that film, unfreeze him, establish his character rather than just his presence. A film for him to get his bearings, mourn Peggy and generally establish his footing for his new life. All that was thrown out the window for his presence in TA.

Followup, speaking about wolverine comics, separate from x-men comics. Those don't take place in their own continuity. They DO take place in the main Marvel universe. they're, " alone adventures" that wolverine goes on from time to time, and get referenced in main x-men continuity.
They separate it, as the way wolverine acts around his "friends" and when he's on his own... to spare his friends the more.... violent parts of his life.

Thats what i meant. It's in the same universe BUT it's completely independant of the elements already put forth in the franchise.

Part of the attraction i have to The Wolverine is it's so different from other CBM we are getting, while most others are all connecting and/or featuring the same characters, The Wolverine has only one established character (and another in a cameo) and the rest are all brand new characters that have never been done before, couple that it not being US like all others and taking place at a seperate timeframe means it's not restricted by having familiar characters or setting or timeframe to force continuity. It gets the freedom to tell a story not reliant or to service other films.

For you, you've taken the viewpoint that if it dosn't fit, then it's it's own parallel universe.

Thats not my viewpoint.

My viewpoint is a film needn't fit and line up perfectly to other films to be a good film and a film can fit without having glaring elements like familiar characters and setting ect...

So many let the reboot of ASM affect their experience of the movie, they were too busy wanting it to be SM4 to view the actual film for the actual film.

I guess my position is i won't hate a film because it doesn't fit with the others. I don't mean sequels and prequels i mean other characters films.

I didn't love Origins not because it didn't fit but because it rushed by too much, had weak side characters (except Victor) and screwed up Deadpool.

If IM3 completely fudged up canon to Thor or Hulk then that wouldn't bother me, it's more important for the film to be good by itself

Last edited:
Uncanny Nova, you have the lowest bar of standards, but get hiccup'd on so many ridiculous points. Do you just not get enough sleep?

Uncanny Nova, you have the lowest bar of standards, but get hiccup'd on so many ridiculous points. Do you just not get enough sleep?

I'm just a liker rather than a hater. I'm looking forward to all superhero movies this year. There are few i hate. Some i don't like sure, but few i hate. I don't need them all to connect to each other to enjoy them :wink1:

I'm just a liker rather than a hater. I'm looking forward to all superhero movies this year. There are few i hate. Some i don't like sure, but few i hate.

I know, you're very enthusiastic about everything, I meant the things when you choose to dislike them, sometimes seem waaaaay out in left field.

I loved Cap:TFA but the ending felt too soon & very disjointed from the rest of the film. Instead of feeling a natural flow it felt forced to get the Avengers going.

I would of preffered to see another film in WW2 before heading to the future, or to see his future film come before his appearance in TA so they could find him in that film, unfreeze him, establish his character rather than just his presence. A film for him to get his bearings, mourn Peggy and generally establish his footing for his new life. All that was thrown out the window for his presence in TA.

Thats what i meant. It's in the same universe BUT it's completely independant of the elements already put forth in the franchise.

Part of the attraction i have to The Wolverine is it's so different from other CBM we are getting, while most others are all connecting and/or featuring the same characters, The Wolverine has only one established character (and another in a cameo) and the rest are all brand new characters that have never been done before, couple that it not being US like all others and taking place at a seperate timeframe means it's not restricted by having familiar characters or setting or timeframe to force continuity. It gets the freedom to tell a story not reliant or to service other films.

Thats not my viewpoint.

My viewpoint is a film needn't fit and line up perfectly to other films to be a good film and a film can fit without having glaring elements like familiar characters and setting ect...

So many let the reboot of ASM affect their experience of the movie, they were too busy wanting it to be SM4 to view the actual film for the actual film.

I guess my position is i won't hate a film because it doesn't fit with the others. I don't mean sequels and prequels i mean other characters films.

I didn't love Origins not because it didn't fit but because it rushed by too much, had weak side characters (except Victor) and screwed up Deadpool.

If IM3 completely fudged up canon to Thor or Hulk then that wouldn't bother me, it's more important for the film to be good by itself

Ahh, ok, now I'm tracking. I can totaly see where you're coming from, and I get that viewpoint.

For me, if they story points don't line up properly, when they are intended to, It drives me crazy, and kills the suspension of disbelief, unless there is an explanation for the difference. Occupational hazard I soppose.

On the topic of amazing spider-man.

I loved it, for the most part. I DID have a few hang-ups however.
Something about Garfield's peter parker didn't QUITE work. Made a great spider-man... but something about his parker felt... off. But Still I loved it.
My other hang-up is that I dodn't care for the Spaldingman costume. it Just... didn't work for me.
Which is getting changed in the nxet film, so, yay.

My wish for DX15

- One stern faced expression head (PERS)
- One roaring head
- Muscle body with realistic hair
- One set of fists with adamantium claws
- One set of fists with bone claws
- One right relaxed palm with claw mid retracting
- One left Sword holding hand
- One Black suit, tie, belt and shoes outfit
- One pair of Cargo pants with belt
- One pair of boots
- One metal-like Katana

Can facilitate these looks

The_Wolverine_-_pit.jpg

678641.jpeg

The-Wolverine.jpg

My wish for DX15

- One stern faced expression head (PERS)
- One roaring head
- Muscle body with realistic hair
- One set of fists with adamantium claws
- One set of fists with bone claws
- One right relaxed palm with claw mid retracting
- One left Sword holding hand
- One Black suit, tie, belt and shoes outfit
- One pair of Cargo pants with belt
- One pair of boots
- One metal-like Katana

Can facilitate these looks

The_Wolverine_-_pit.jpg

678641.jpeg

The-Wolverine.jpg

Oh yea.........:duff

Sure, we have had multiple Batman and Joker DX, but I would welcome a good Tony or Logan sculpt getting the PERS treatment. Hell, throw in Blade 2.0 DX and Leonidas 2.0 DX just so i can get a new mint one of each for less than $500.

Back