The Wolverine?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly::exactly:I would say this is also the reason we haven't seen: Batman Returns, Arkham City, X-Men FC, and many others they promised, and we have been clamoring for.

The problem with this is there's always a new blockbuster to milk and when it comes time for these to get made (after Avenjerks & The Dark Knight Quits) a new one comes along and pushes them back once again (Iron Merchandising 3)

The problem with this is there's always a new blockbuster to milk and when it comes time for these do get made (after Avengers ***emble & The Dark Knight Quits) a new one comes along and pushes them back once again (Iron Merchandising 3)

:goodpost::exactly: If you are an Iron-Man fan it's great. If you are a fan of the Nolan Batverse it's great. And whilie i like the Nolanverse, I want other versions too. And other characters. A Logan from this film w/ a Silver Samurai would look awesome. Otherwise Logan will be on the shelf with Snake Eyes and Roadblock. Or fighting Bruce Lee in the ultimate cage match:panic::panic:

Hopefully the Hot Toys Wolverine figure will come with striped pants:

552512_532747886758723_338609050_n.png

Not his fault. not certian how this is gonna fit in with the rest of the X-films. hate that he's taking it to the far distant future of 1980's japan.

WE will see. perhaps a great deal of it will get retconeed after DOFP, so, if it's garbage, not too much to worry about.

Who cares where it 'fits'

The idea that everything needs to connect restricts stories too much, trailer looks great, enjoy if for what it is not for how itconects with other films.

gotta say, I just watched the trailer and I'm disappointed. Maybe my hopes were too high but this doesn't look all that much better than Origins to me (though I liked Origins). I think it looks cool, but I didn't get the "Oh hell yea!" feeling like I did with the IM3 or MoS trailers.

However, I'm excited to see how the figure turns out.

Last edited:
Who cares where it 'fits'

The idea that everything needs to connect restricts stories too much, trailer looks great, enjoy if for what it is not for how itconects with other films.

It needs to fit, so the story makes sense, AND isn't complete garbage.

An example?

Highlander 2.

That is all.

Hopefully the Hot Toys Wolverine figure will come with striped pants:

552512_532747886758723_338609050_n.png
That Gangnam style guy needs to be thrown into the pit of Carkoon. :lecture

There he would find a new definition of pain (other than his 'music'), where he's slowly digested over a thousand years. :yess:

Newp. First class is intended to be part of the "fox universe" X-men films.

It KINDA fits, but it's more of a "soft reboot". My understanding is days of future past will resolve some of those inconsistancies.

ALL the fox x-men movies are intended to be the same universe.

and its become a mess.

Edit: I agree first class was awesome.

X-men, X-men 2 and First class work as part of a choerent Story.

x-men origins dosn't quite fit.

X-men 3 was a bad film, and is ignored by Many fans, though it kinda fits.

When you watch First Class it feels standalone, only cameos are used to connect it.

The same thing looks to be happening for The Wolverine.

it's connected but it's a solo series set apart from the core X-Movies (just like the comics :wink1:) so it doesn't bend over backwards to feature same characters, setting or story, it's independant.

So it fits loosely but it's not about connecting, it's about it's own story, a story thats seperate from whats happening elsewhere in the franchise.

So to me fitting with other movies is a nice thought and not required to enjoy the movie for what the actual movie is about.

Too many CBMs are becoming about tieing everything together and that comes at the expense of telling a better independant story, studios are becoming more concerned with everything fitting that it restricts individual stories. The First Avenger would've been better without the forced 'bringing him to the future' ending..

X-men, X-men 2 and First class work as part of a choerent Story.

x-men origins dosn't quite fit.

X-men 3 was a bad film, and is ignored by Many fans, though it kinda fits.

:goodpost:

Agreed.

From what i know all are a part of the XCU except Origins, not sure if that counts.

Last edited:
Back