Hot Toys 1/6 The Suicide Squad King Shark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. I wonder how durable will the body be given there seems to be a crack on the prototype.
There’s no crack on the prototype. It’s all screen accurate battle damage. Can you imagine them actually putting out a damaged prototype of a figure like this?

There’s no crack on the prototype. It’s all screen accurate battle damage. Can you imagine them actually putting out a damaged prototype of a figure like this?
People just love to jump to conclusions instead of simply googling a picture of King Shark.

People just love to jump to conclusions instead of simply googling a picture of King Shark.
People just love to instantly reply without reading through the whole thread that it was already addressed and was subsequently acknowledged.

HT made a killing on their Hulk/Hulks. Hollow piece o' plastic that you used to see at TRU for $29.99 selling for 8x that.

This is the same, so HT jumped at the chance to sell more $280 hollow statues with no clothing.

That said, I really want this on my desk... but I'm certain I won't want it for the price they will ask.
Yeah, I think this is exactly why it has a good chance of getting made. Easy sculpt, easy paint apps, almost no soft goods. $300 price tag because of size and their profit margin on it is ridiculous. Plus, it's been well received on this board of nitpickers so it could be a slam dunk for HT!

Now, THIS is what I'm looking to purchase, Hot Toys! A known character that I don't already have, that's at least a "B" grade within its universe. And...its a villain! I can put King Shark up against any number of characters in a display or diorama.

216920660_10158130731597344_405438700914032741_n.jpg

Is what we’ve seen so far all they’re showing dc relate Batman, Nightwing & King Shark or are we meant to be getting more?

Is what we’ve seen so far all they’re showing dc relate Batman, Nightwing & King Shark or are we meant to be getting more?
I would expect them to show Cyborg again and maybe show prototypes of Harley (regular combat costume and dress) and Arkham Origins regular Batman suit. Maybe throw us a bone and do Bloodsport and Peacemaker as well.

I'm just grinning sitting here looking at this guy - what a fun looking figure!
Most interesting Hot Toys prototype for a good while as far as I'm concerned.
I really hope they go through with making him.

That dopey face sure doesn't look very villainous.

Still... must-have for fun. No one would pass by my shelves without pointing this one out.
From the trailers, it very much matches that non-villainous dumb oaf vibe. I would have preferred though that the character had that same intellectual, tech smarts shown in the Harley Quinn cartoons. Still like this figure regardless and as somebody pointed out, the sharkskin texture is nicely done on the figure.

Back