"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

The original still holds up very well today. There's no good reason to do a reboot.
I'd rather they spent their resources getting a good writer who can come up with a great prequel. Show where these things come from, how they form clans, etc. Then end it with P1 discovering Earth.

Predators was supposed to be that "Great sequel" not only did they never continue the AVP storyline, but they brought in Robert Rodriguez to produce hoping he would do a great job with the movie.

So, yeah, Predators WAS that big answer everyone was hoping for. Fox was betting on Predators to be big, and it was, but i guess it was not big enough.

Adrien Broody and Robert were both wanting to make the sequel, Robert had ideas to make a second predators. the fact that they are making a reboot means that Fox didn't like what they got from it.

how is that true when the girl in Predators tells Broody about how Arnold defeated the Predator? :lol

Predators was a direct sequel to the first predator, Robert Rodriguez said so.

Yes, but it was marketed as a re-imagining not as the big "Predator's back!" sequel, even the tagline was something like "fear is reborn". Notice I didn't say reboot, the term was thrown left and right back then, yeah sure it acknowledges the events of P1 in a fan-serviceable vague manner, that only makes it a chronological sequel, P2 WAS the real sequel, P1 had real consequences on the story in P2, in Predators that wasn't the case, also, if Predators was so much of a sequel, how is it that it's a carbon copy of the 1st one?

All I'm saying, Predators was never the answer.

I guess predator 2 and predators were taking place at the same time?

Could be, one thing to know by would be the guns the characters use, I'm not a gun person but someone who knows could tell us if the guns in Predators are consistent with the 90's or if they're more modern, that way we could know if it's happening in the same time as P2 or later.

the reason I say that predators was the big answer was because of how badly avp movies did. fox was trying to win big with predators

How, in that case I agree with you, I've also been desperate about a proper Alien and Predator (together and separate) since the AVP movies came out :lol

Predators was ok, but it wasn't satisfactory.

Predators was bad. AVPR is more fun to watch.

Personally a new a Predator movie:

Needs to have Dawyne Johnson as it's lead. He's charasmatic and brings energy to his roles.

Have an element of fun to it like the original did. Predators was depressing.

Have it's own original ideas and story. No rehash of the original plot layout.

Just one great Predator with a high killcount.

Characters who know eachother and care when one of them dies so that the audience can care to a degree too.

Needs to have Dawyne Johnson as it's lead. He's charasmatic and brings energy to his roles.

Characters who know eachother and care when one of them dies so that the audience can care to a degree too.

I can get on-board with that :duff

The original is untouchable, however, I am always willing to give a reboot a chance. If it's bad, then we always have the original :)

Im happy for this reboot. More predator in theaters cannot be a bad thing. I know a sequel would be better but you got to work with what you have

****ing PLEEEAAASE dude! :lol

Yeah, I'm actually surprised to hear someone liked AVP more than Predators. Damn those AVP movies sucked... the second one was soooooo bad. You couldn't even see anything. At first I kept adjusting the brightness settings on my tv thinking it was broken or something.

More predator in theaters cannot be a bad thing.

Again, have you seen AvP2? If that's the kind of movie we can expect then I'm fine with no more Predator in theaters.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised to hear someone liked AVP more than Predators. Damn those AVP movies sucked... the second one was soooooo bad. You couldn't even see anything. At first I kept adjusting the brightness settings on my tv thinking it was broken or something.

Again, have you seen AvP2? If that's the kind of movie we can expect then I'm fine with no more Predator in theaters.

Yes I saw AVP2 In Theaters. it was awesome. the movie is crap but seeing Wolf in the big screen was f----- amazing.

Besides Fox wanted to bury the movie and they released all the DVDs and Blu Rays with darker tint so you cannot see anything at all at home.

But in the theater I remember being able to see everything, The theater was not as dark as at home, I remember seeing details that I looked for on the DVD version that are gone because of the darkness.

Adapting the Concrete Jungle story with Dwayne Johnson would be absolutely perfect. Just switch out Dutch being his brother to being his bootcamp buddy or something.

New Predator design

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 59

The problem is that the predator creature itself has been milked so much that it's no longer scary and just another pop culture icon like freddy, alien etc.

Predator comedy with Ahnuld and DeVito plz.

Back