"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

The problem is that the predator creature itself has been milked so much that it's no longer scary and just another pop culture icon like freddy, alien etc.

Predator comedy with Ahnuld and DeVito plz.

Mrs. Predafire :lecture

Yep. :lecture Both movies sucked. It just happens to be that the Predator in AVPR was miles better than the three 'super crap' Preds in Predators. For a Predator movie Rodriguez really missed the mark with that one. Viva La Wolf! :rock
Well if you're basing your film preferences on character designs - then that's entirely different, & of course fine. I think most of us have an example of a film / films, where the movie was crap but we like a certain character regardless etc.

I thought the Bezerker design was over the top - don't like it, but conversely I'd argue that the Falconer is one of THE BEST Predator designs yet. :duff

The problem is that the predator creature itself has been milked so much that it's no longer scary and just another pop culture icon like freddy, alien etc.

you bring a good point, which was the problem with Predators and AVP as well, Adding suspense to these predator movies is pointless and ridiculous by now. There is no point in that.

They tried to make Predators as suspenseful as predator and hide the predator creatures until the end. But like you said, they are not scary and they are just another pop culture icon.

But instead of making the movie a comedy, What they really should do is make it an action movie like Terminator 2 or Robocop or something like that. Keep the Predator as the bad guy but they should really stop with the fake suspense and the lame attempts to make them threatening.

By now they should just make the predator be just like the T-1000, a strong bad guy. I totally agree with this

If they are going to do it, I agree that the Rock would be great. He'd take it seriously and is a total badass.

Let's hope its DREDD 3D reboot and not Total Recall reboot :lol
This sentence doesn't make any sense...

Predators was terrible, it felt like fan fic than a real movie. At least P2 tried something different.
I don't get why Predators gets away with a lot of things while P2 tends to get the short end of the stick.
That's how society works, unfortunately.

I'm a big fan of Predator 2 as well, but both are flawed films.
Yep, both P1 and P2 are flawed :wave

The problem is that the predator creature itself has been milked so much that it's no longer scary and just another pop culture icon like freddy, alien, etc.
:goodpost: :exactly:

:monkey2

I think you'll find that there's probably a lot more fans of P2 out there than perhaps seems the case. :)
Time will tell, "Perdatorz" is still too fresh for general audience to understand that it is a poo.

I can just imagine you hiding behind the couch watching the original :lol
He was never scary, he is the ultimate hunter.

Not sure how I feel about this. I'm kind of excited, but worried at the same time. Reboots rarely end up being any good, and don't measure up to the originals. The original is one of my favourite movies from the 80's. The series went downhill from there for me. Predator 2 was OK at the time, but I recently picked it up on Blu Ray and watched it again for the first time since I was a kid, and man it hasn't aged well, lol. I still enjoyed it, but nowhere near as good as the original, and the rest of the movies I'd rather not talk about. What made the original great (apart from the awesome Predator and the suspense) was that it had Arnie in it and it was cheesy :lol Not sure if a remake would have the same effect. Perhaps if they follow the same formula of the original (but not copy it), it might end up being good. I'm all for The Rock playing the lead role as suggested.

Back