"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator Reboot...

I would actually want them to go CGI on Predator's faces. I mean look at what ADI and KNB, as good as they are with practical FX, did for the past decade... It was ok looking at best while unbearably odd in motion and uncomfortable for actors.

yeah, WHY would they do a CGI predator??? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

like, lol :lol what precedent is there for them to make a choice like that :duh
Because nearly everything is now.
Special Effects? Bring in the computer nerds!
The 'Art' of Special Effect and Puppetry is almost dead.

You quoted me wrong initially, deal with it BananaMan.

Its 2014 it will happen its less expensive too.
Exactly! Does that make it an improvement? No chance.

Obviously things like Iron Man suiting up or flying through the air, Banner transforming, need CGI but it shouldn't be the go to for everthing.

Exactly! Does that make it an improvement? No chance.

Obviously things like Iron Man suiting up or flying through the air, Banner transforming, need CGI but it shouldn't be the go to for everthing.

I’m not saying it might be an improvement but it will happen this franchise needs better storytelling CGI is the least of my worries .

I'm agreeing with you and hoping it doesn't happen at the same time :lol

If cheaper SE means bringing in better script writers then bring it on.

I’m not saying it might be an improvement but it will happen this franchise needs better storytelling CGI is the least of my worries .

NO CGI IS NOT LESS EXPENSIVE.

PRACTICAL IS ALWAYS THE CHEAPER ONE :thwak

do you guys know ANYTHING?>?????? :cuckoo: cgi ALWAYS cost more!

You think a couple of nerds and a computer are more expensive than actors, makeup artists, molders, painters, animatronic developers and operators, puppeteers etc...
I would of thought CGI was the much cheaper option.

NO CGI IS NOT LESS EXPENSIVE.

PRACTICAL IS ALWAYS THE CHEAPER ONE :thwak

do you guys know ANYTHING?>?????? :cuckoo: cgi ALWAYS cost more!

depends on the studios man do you know anything?:panic:

No, IT IS cheaper, It is ALWAYS cheaper to do stuff practical. This is a fact of the industry.

Those nerds in computers take longer to do the CGI work than a practical team. they take twice as long.

CGI is so expensive the company that did the tiger for Life of Pi went bankrupt. I remember some controversy on how Studios were not paying the CGI companies what they were supposed to or they were sending some of the the work overseas.

I know i seems real practical sets and animatronics would be more expensive but CGI is always twice the cost.

I would actually want them to go CGI on Predator's faces. I mean look at what ADI and KNB, as good as they are with practical FX, did for the past decade... It was ok looking at best while unbearably odd in motion and uncomfortable for actors.

SWS did it best. Thirty years ago.

All these movies need to do the one thing none of them have ever done they need to go to thr home world of all the aliens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

WHY CGI COSTS MORE:

cgi is more expensive because they need like 30 people to animate things then spend literally weeks rendering it out.

Firstly, high production films these days require multiple visual effects houses working on the hundreds of visual effects shots over a period of six plus months. "Post production" starts during principle photography, as soon as the shots are finished filming, since there simply isn't enough time to do it after.
A single visual effects shot is broken down into many different stages.

A visual effects supervisor on set needs to coordinate all the elements that will be required by the visual effects house, ie. Green screen, wire rigs, iMocap suits, etc.

Then the elements in the shots gets created, which comprises of sketching, modeling, texturing, rigging, shading, lighting and animating. All of which is done by separate departments within the visual effects house.

Animating usually consists of bringing in body actors in a specialized Mocap stage and performing all the movements the characters in the scene needs to do and feeding that information into the low poly model of the character.

In the case of iMoCap being used on set, the 3D model still has to be attached to the actors performance.

The shot needs to go through 3D tracking, wire removal, compositing of 3D elements into the scene, colour grading. This is also done with TEAMS of people, not just a dude sitting at a computer.

After which the shot needs to go through rendering. This is done with a horribly expensive Render farm and takes a decent amout to render every frame.

After which it needs to be viewed by the supervisors and directors. Changes WILL be made, so unless the element on-screen that needs to be changed is coming from a separate pass, it will probably have to be rerendered.

CGI requires A LOT of expensive people working with A LOT of expensive hardware for A LOT of time, Same reason games have huge budgets

That all adds to the bottom line of the contract that is signed with the many visual effects houses. CGI requires A LOT of attention to detail. That means a lot of people need to get paid

Untwist your knickers crows.
Simple solution? Go back to traditional Special Effects.
It looks better when done right.

Im just saying, if you want to know why it costs more, then I wrote exactly why. the explanation is right there.

And they have never used CGI for predators. I really don't understand why you think they will start now. :lol having a guy in a suit is much cheaper and easier to do than to have a CGI predator. I doubt Fox will start doing that now

WHY CGI COSTS MORE:

cgi is more expensive because they need like 30 people to animate things then spend literally weeks rendering it out.

Firstly, high production films these days require multiple visual effects houses working on the hundreds of visual effects shots over a period of six plus months. "Post production" starts during principle photography, as soon as the shots are finished filming, since there simply isn't enough time to do it after.
A single visual effects shot is broken down into many different stages.

A visual effects supervisor on set needs to coordinate all the elements that will be required by the visual effects house, ie. Green screen, wire rigs, iMocap suits, etc.

Then the elements in the shots gets created, which comprises of sketching, modeling, texturing, rigging, shading, lighting and animating. All of which is done by separate departments within the visual effects house.

Animating usually consists of bringing in body actors in a specialized Mocap stage and performing all the movements the characters in the scene needs to do and feeding that information into the low poly model of the character.

In the case of iMoCap being used on set, the 3D model still has to be attached to the actors performance.

The shot needs to go through 3D tracking, wire removal, compositing of 3D elements into the scene, colour grading. This is also done with TEAMS of people, not just a dude sitting at a computer.

After which the shot needs to go through rendering. This is done with a horribly expensive Render farm and takes a decent amout to render every frame.

After which it needs to be viewed by the supervisors and directors. Changes WILL be made, so unless the element on-screen that needs to be changed is coming from a separate pass, it will probably have to be rerendered.

CGI requires A LOT of expensive people working with A LOT of expensive hardware for A LOT of time, Same reason games have huge budgets

That all adds to the bottom line of the contract that is signed with the many visual effects houses. CGI requires A LOT of attention to detail. That means a lot of people need to get paid

I guess you want attention ? Or do want someone to say your right or wrong not going to happen man.

Jeez crows! I was catching up on this thread and read a couple of people saying 'No CGI'.
I was agreeing with them :slap
I didn't say I thought it would happen anywhere :gah:

Back