The Official SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so how is the game? typical fighting game with Nintendo, etc. characters?

so how is the game? typical fighting game with Nintendo, etc. characters?

button masher and you have to kick the opponents off the screen. its fun and not too difficult to get into.

Will put it in the other thread as well but mine is 0903-2412-5623

I need to pick this up today... I think I got the wife convinced it will be a good idea :chew

Anybody else having problems finding people online to play with??

Whenever I go the the BRAWL character select screen to start an online match, I never find anyone to play with. My game just sits there and never finds anybody, untill the game ends up timing out

Anyone else have the same problem?

Might be your internet connection. I know with Xbox Live it had to have a specific port open which was a problem on the college network so none of the games could connect.

Anybody else having problems finding people online to play with??

Whenever I go the the BRAWL character select screen to start an online match, I never find anyone to play with. My game just sits there and never finds anybody, untill the game ends up timing out

Anyone else have the same problem?

Yes same here! I keep hitting the punching bag all alone until it finally times out.... whats going on?

picked up my copy today during my lunch break. Played the games "story" mode and I found out that I suck at the game. Its gonna take awhile but I should pick it up...makes me wish I played the 64 one alot more or even tried out the NGC version.

I never played any of the Smash Bros. games, and was thinking of getting this one thou. Would it still be as fun to a newcomer?

It looks pretty bad ass.

Just picked it up earlier this afternoon... it is one crazy-ass game. Still don't know what I'm doing half the time, but its fun!

Oh man I love the game! :chew

I've been working on the Adventure mode "Subspace Emissary"...the cinematics are funny but you can somewhat tell that the characters aren't built for this side-scrolling stuff...yet it still is fun!

Versus is still a BLAST...however it's like getting back with an old girlfriend who got a boob-job and a makeover to make her look even BETTER. There's so much to see within the characters and stages that you'll find yourself distracted by the level design and the nostalgia you get from it and the music...so it took a little bit to get used to the action going on. I'm working on it though!

10 out of 10!!!! :rock

Played it for 2 hours or so today and thought it was so-so. The controls for the classic aren't as good as I was hoping. I'm done for the day, think Ill try out the gamecube controller to see if thats any better. The Wii mote controls are alright though.

I have yet to be able to play the game online... can spectate as well, but matches always time out?!? Wonder if there just aren't enough players yet.

I have yet to be able to play the game online... can spectate as well, but matches always time out?!? Wonder if there just aren't enough players yet.

...Hmm, don't know. Has there really been a game on the Wii so far that has had the online multiplayer capabailities that SSB has? Maybe it's just a couple of bugs that need to be fixed; but I'm just speculating

I've played the Call of Duty game, it loads up just fine with multiplayer. But there you are able to pick a game already in progress. Here its odd since you seem to be setting up your own game? It would be cool if it just let me see what games were about to start and I could just jump into one.

How to play online with friends

Play Super Smash Bros. Brawl with people you have registered in your Friend Roster. In order to register friends, you and your friends must exchange Friend Codes with each otherand both register them. Once you have successfully registered, there are three modes in which to play with your friends: Brawl, Team Multi-Man Brawl, and Home-Run Contest.

1. From the Main Menu of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, use the Control Pad and A/a or 2 Button to select "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."
2. When you are asked if you want to connect, select "Yes."
3. Select the "With Friends" icon, then choose your mode of play. You have three choices:

Brawl: Same as the regular multiplayer brawl, but you battle your registered Friends over the WFC service (2-4 Players).
Team Multi-Man Brawl: Cooperate with a Friend to take on multiple enemies (2 Players).
Home-Run Contest: The object is to launch the sand bag as far as possible. The farther, the better (2 Players).
4. Once you have selected your game mode, select "Create a Room" for your friend(s) to enter. Select "Yes" to create the room.
5. Your friend(s) will need to select the room you created, and select "Join Game," then "Yes" to join the game.
6. The player who created the room (Player 1) will need to select "Ok!" as each player attempts to connect to allow them in.
7. Once all of the desired friends are connected everyone can select their character.
8. If the mode allows for it, Player 1 will choose the stage. After that the match will begin.

That part is slightly more complicated but the Brawl with anyone isn't even working....I find it hard to believe that out the whole world no one is willing to fight just anyone online???

Played it for 2 hours or so today and thought it was so-so. The controls for the classic aren't as good as I was hoping. I'm done for the day, think Ill try out the gamecube controller to see if thats any better. The Wii mote controls are alright though.

I recommend the WaveBird wireless controller from Nintendo.

Back