The Official SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are gonna have 4 of us there Sunday for the Wii/Smash sale on sunday (3 registers and one table). Sale is you get 50% of select wii games...or was it free...cant remember. Thing is one of the guys is going to a midnight release, then staying for a tournament and then having another one with his friends when he gets back home....so he wont be a happy sailor when he comes in to work.

Ah well, the Smash poster we got in goes to one of the guys that works there, and Im making sure the gal at work is getting the preorder stand (gotta get the points with her yeah?:rolleyes:) 144 copies of the game and only 18 preorders as of 3pm today.

You work at Gamestop? If yes, then I understand what you're saying. If no, I have no idea.

You work at Gamestop? If yes, then I understand what you're saying. If no, I have no idea.

I work at TRU in the electronics area. What is it that you dont understand? The one guy is going to a midnight release at gamecrazy, and then works tomorrow 10am after all his game time.

They are gonna have 4 of us there Sunday for the Wii/Smash sale on sunday (3 registers and one table). Sale is you get 50% of select wii games...or was it free...cant remember. Thing is one of the guys is going to a midnight release, then staying for a tournament and then having another one with his friends when he gets back home....so he wont be a happy sailor when he comes in to work.

Ah well, the Smash poster we got in goes to one of the guys that works there, and Im making sure the gal at work is getting the preorder stand (gotta get the points with her yeah?:rolleyes:) 144 copies of the game and only 18 preorders as of 3pm today.

"It's like he's trying to speak to me, I know it."

fndad.jpg

:lol:lol:lol

I'm sorry, it's just that your previous post was confusing because you left out some details, like you working at a TRU and your friend going to a midnight release at Game Crazy. I assumed you were talking about the same place: Gamestop. And I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a bit dense, but why won't your friend be a happy camper when he goes back to work?

I'm sorry, it's just that your previous post was confusing because you left out some details, like you working at a TRU and your friend going to a midnight release at Game Crazy. I assumed you were talking about the same place: Gamestop. And I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a bit dense, but why won't your friend be a happy camper when he goes back to work?

Just tired is all and doing some fast typing and such....pretty much goes Im thinking way faster then I can type and I assume Im getting it all down. Reason being he wont be happy is cause after the midnight release he is going to stay at GC for their tournament, then once he leaves there he is gonna do it all over again with his friends. He already has said that more then likey wouldn't get any sleep that night, and seeing how he isnt the best of employee's as is....nevermind Im hurting my own head now.:google

Ok I got most of it. :lol

Anyway, I'm so jealous that you guys get to keep the Smash Bros. posters and cardboard standees! Oh well, I might be able to get one myself if I bother my Gamestop employee friend.

Hey, does anyone know how long it'll take to unlock all the hidden characters?

Less than 24 hours away... The anticipation never sets in for me until the eve, then it's nerve-wracking... :banghead :google

Ok I got most of it. :lol

Anyway, I'm so jealous that you guys get to keep the Smash Bros. posters and cardboard standees! Oh well, I might be able to get one myself if I bother my Gamestop employee friend.

Hey, does anyone know how long it'll take to unlock all the hidden characters?

Ummm...not long...there seems to be less than Melee...new characters that is...they've probably hidden some old favourites though...

EDIT: Just found this pic of the starting character selection screen:

SSBB_character.jpg

I forgot that this was a Sunday release. Kinda wish I'd preordered it now so I could pick it up at Midnight.

There are a total of 26 characters in Melee....Brawl has 35 total characters..

I'd say that's more! I won't spoil any of the hidden characters in case people want to be surprised (I've seen photos of the whole roster) but I will say there are certainly your old favorites from Melee as well as a lot of new characters.

Unfortunately some characters from Melee were dropped and replaced with what you would call "spiritual successors"...as in their moveset is VERY similar in style to that previous character but it's a different character.

I'm looking forward to midnight!!! Dang I wish they released it last night I'd be playing all day!!!

yea but smash bros is for the wii, where you can only play 4 players as opposed to vegas 2 where you can play against 16 online......

That's kinda beside the point. And if you're using that as a deciding factor, then consider that Gears of War (a game I assume you like, judging by your sig) is only 8 player online as opposed to Vegas 2's 16 (as you said). In this case I don't think size matters (haha :rolleyes:). I can have more fun in a 4 player game of smash bros. melee than I would in a 16 player match in Halo or any other shooter. And when you bring in Smash's tournament mode, it's rollicking fun.

I'm with Kabukiman, SSB > Everything Else.

That's kinda beside the point. And if you're using that as a deciding factor, then consider that Gears of War (a game I assume you like, judging by your sig) is only 8 player online as opposed to Vegas 2's 16 (as you said). In this case I don't think size matters (haha :rolleyes:). I can have more fun in a 4 player game of smash bros. melee than I would in a 16 player match in Halo or any other shooter. And when you bring in Smash's tournament mode, it's rollicking fun.

I'm with Kabukiman, SSB > Everything Else.

True that, True that

Monstrous
https://www.gamespot.com/video/928518/6187421/super-smash-bros-brawl-gameplay-movie-15

Last edited:
There is nothing more satisfying then getting those lucky hits in Smash Bros.

FPS multiplayers were last fun to me with the original Call of Duty. But even that didn't last all that long.

I've NEVER gotten bored with Smash Bros.

BTW - I picked up the SSBB guide at Wal-Mart, it rang up as "Barcode not in system" or whatever but they punched in the price for me. I'm counting down till midnight! :chew

Bardoon is the guide worth getting? I'm thinking of picking it up myself, but if it's thin or lacks good content I think I might pass.

It's 3pm pacific time and only 9 hours until SSBB's midnight release!! WHOOOO! I can't wait.

There is nothing more satisfying then getting those lucky hits in Smash Bros.

FPS multiplayers were last fun to me with the original Call of Duty. But even that didn't last all that long.

I've NEVER gotten bored with Smash Bros.

BTW - I picked up the SSBB guide at Wal-Mart, it rang up as "Barcode not in system" or whatever but they punched in the price for me. I'm counting down till midnight! :chew

At TRU the guides (atleast the official ones) are street date for the 9th, maybe thats why they didnt ring up for you.

At TRU the guides (atleast the official ones) are street date for the 9th, maybe thats why they didnt ring up for you.

Yep, I know how all that stuff works. I'm just happy that most of the people at Wal-Mart aren't very smart or can read english so they have a tendency to just put stuff on store shelves and ignore any "Do Not Place On Shelves Til March XX" release dates on the boxes.

plasmid, for me the guide is worth it because I would prefer not to be printing out endless pages online for tips & tricks and wasting printer ink which is about the same price of the guide. I've printed out some 100+ pages of guides for older games before and I don't want to again. Call me "old school" if you will but I'd rather have it there in front of me instead of a laptop or something so I know what I'm doing. I mostly got it so I can check the unlockables and some other stuff...so it's worth it for me. It also has notes about all the stickers, trophies, etc. and for a game I'm looking to try my hardest to get everything on...it'll help me out.

I believe everything in the guide can be found SOMEWHERE online (especially character/stage unlockables).....I just prefer to have the guide.

About 6 hours here on the East Coast.

That's a good point about ink costs. I once printed a 40 something page guide for a Zelda game, and realized when I finished the game that I barely used the guide.

Sounds like a worthwhile guide, but the $20 price kinda hurts. I remembered the good old days when guides used to be $10-$15.

Back