The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mandalorian was this oasis in a desert for so many BECAUSE IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SEQUELS.
I think Season 3 of Mando is definitely worse than the ST. At least the ST has redeeming value (Adam Driver, cool Rey intro, modern Falcon visuals, awesome performances by Harrison and Mark, Snoke throne room, Palpatine finally delivering on the "cheating death" premise, etc.) but everything cool in Mando S3 can already be enjoyed in S1, S2, or BOBF.

And it is making the New Republic so inept and borderline evil themselves that they've gone from "aw man that's tragic" in the ST to "these buffoons are so idiotic I want the FO to spank them" in Mando S3.

I think Season 3 of Mando is definitely worse than the ST. At least the ST has redeeming value (Adam Driver, cool Rey intro, modern Falcon visuals, awesome performances by Harrison and Mark, Snoke throne room, Palpatine finally delivering on the "cheating death" premise, etc.) but everything cool in Mando S3 can already be enjoyed in S1, S2, or BOBF.

And it is making the New Republic so inept and borderline evil themselves that they've gone from "aw man that's tragic" in the ST to "these buffoons are so idiotic I want the FO to spank them" in Mando S3.
I can finally admit that BOBF > Mando S3.
:thud:

I can finally admit that BOBF > Mando S3.
:thud:
dr-evil-cry.gif

It all started right with the first episode when the elite Mando cult proved less competent than the Vespa gang and only went downhill from there.

I find it funny that Picard Season 3 has both given us what the Sequal Trilogy never did (got the band back together in the same room) and redeemed the series where Mando Season 3 seems to be ruining the series.
:chase

You know, I could be watching this right now, yet here I sit with a truly Vulcan level of impassivity. Spock himself could not be more stoic.

Maybe later today. Maybe. Is it logical to watch?

Probably not.

It's official: this show sucks.

I see my decision to skip last week's episode was a good one, since the entire Jables/Lizzo farce had exactly zero to do with the story. Just mindless filler.

It seems the entire season so far was mindless filler to get us to this point. So here we are, the big show, finally...and it was so dumb. The writing is so, so bad. Was it always this bad? Am I just mis-remembering season one and two? Looking at the past with rose-colored glasses? No...was it??

The acting is as embarrassing as the writing, but hey, that's always the case. You have to work with what you're given.

If you read the spoilers post, they were 100% accurate. All that dumb stuff is what happened. We finally got another 50 minute episode, but most of it was just BORING.

All I could think of while watching was that this was a slightly higher budget remake of "Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future." Guys running around in plastic armor shooting laser weapons and trying to take it all so seriously, but it's just a dumb toy commercial for kids.

I don’t agree with Oto.

Compared to the previous episode this was a masterpiece they obviously saved all of the budget for the last 2 episodes because this oozed super high production budget value.

Very cinematic.

We literally went from the worse looking SW episode (Lizzo episode) to some of the most gorgeous looking SW
Spoiler Spoiler:

Only 1 thing bothered me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Also we just got the most violent..

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

A tremendous improvement.

Wish all of S3 had been like this.

Last edited:
Too little, too late for me. It all just felt cheesy and forced.

No urgency like the S2 finale when they were trying to save Grogu and bring down Gideon.

Back