The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't consider the ST to be canon then S2 was the perfect ending. If you do consider the ST canon and don't like the idea of Grogu being slaughtered by Ben Solo then him and Mando blasting off at the end of BOBF was the perfect ending.
You know what always bothered me? That Han and Leia would even name the kid "Ben". Han spent a trip from Tatooine to the Death Star and Leia never met him. I always thought that was a really lazy, unimaginative decision. ps. I'll still be watching the toy commercial that is Mando season 3 :)

You know what always bothered me? That Han and Leia would even name the kid "Ben". Han spent a trip from Tatooine to the Death Star and Leia never met him. I always thought that was a really lazy, unimaginative decision. ps. I'll still be watching the toy commercial that is Mando season 3 :)
Never thought of that, but Leia did meet him as a child, when his name was Obi-Wan, lol! So, it makes sense that they picked Ben! :p

Which JJ Abrams TOTALLY knew ten years ago when they were writing Force Awakens!

It's poetry. It rhymes.
Good point, BUT what if they did name him Obi-Wan, but in the Star Wars universe, Ben is short for Obi-Wan? Like Bob is for Robert , in our universe. There I solved it! It's canon now, can Lucasfilm send me a check now?

The Disney Trilogy sucks.

It's the most inexcusable pile of rancid dog **** that was ever committed to film.

It represented one of the greatest opportunities that anyone could possibly imagine: tell the story of the Star Wars Universe after Return of the Jedi.

That's a story each and every one of us, everyone that's ever loved Star Wars even a little bit, has imagined and daydreamed about since 1983.

They could have done anything. ANYTHING.

And this.....this......****.....was all they could come up with??

What they did was a sin against nature. It was a war crime against popular culture.

It's the most inexcusable pile of rancid dog **** that was ever committed to film.

It represented one of the greatest opportunities that anyone could possibly imagine: tell the story of the Star Wars Universe after Return of the Jedi.

That's a story each and every one of us, everyone that's ever loved Star Wars even a little bit, has imagined and daydreamed about since 1983.

What they did was a sin against nature. It was a war crime against popular culture.
How was it possible that the main OT trilogy
characters weren't in a single damn scene all together??

Well she did get all excited when Luke said "I'm here with Ben Kenobi" ("Ben Kenobi?? Where??") so apparently she was familiar with that name.

Well, Ben separated and died so its hard to get them all in one shot.

Closest is when they all (Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and the droids) make a dash for the Falcon while Ben distracts Vader. At least they are all present for a moment in the same scene.

On an unrelated note I’m really bummed out because the vintage collection Mando Naboo fighter is sold out in the UK. 😥

I suspect this is Kathleen Kennedy’s fault somehow, but I may be wrong……

Alot of that too is because of being about 20-30 years too late.

I was more distracted by the writing decision to make Han and Leia such **** ups as parents, and Luke such a **** up as a teacher that this one, only child gets seduced to the dark side and winds up aiding in the complete obliteration of 5 planets (presumably all populated) and then kills his own Dad. Yeah that's kinda not how I saw things panning out for our heroes after ROTJ. At least in the old EU it was, what, 1 of 3 kids that goes bad?

I was more distracted by the writing decision to make Han and Leia such **** ups as parents, and Luke such a **** up as a teacher that this one, only child gets seduced to the dark side and winds up aiding in the complete obliteration of 5 planets (presumably all populated) and then kills his own Dad. Yeah that's kinda not how I saw things panning out for our heroes after ROTJ.
Ben Kenobi: "Be patient, Luke. Stay and watch over the droids. They must be delivered safely or other star systems will suffer the same fate as Alderaan."

Han, Luke, and Leia:

2dmk14.jpg

Crazy thing is sequel fans destroyed Mark Hamill on Twitter when he shared a picture of the OT cast in the Falcon together with a caption ‘what could have been’ or something along those lines. I almost still can’t believe it. From a money making standpoint, from a nostalgia standpoint…i mean this is a studio that remakes their animated movies in live action just to play on nostalgia. To miss that opportunity for STAR WARS. An opportunity we will now never get again…that’s a failure on every level and I’ll never understand how that can be defended.

It is a shame- they could have done anything with these stories, and instead we got essentially a remake of A New Hope that’s worse in every way, a movie that despises Star Wars as a whole (especially Luke Skywalker) and a movie which, in trying to fix the previous movie, actually destroys the universe’s rules even more. It’s a catastrophe.

My concern with Mando has always been the push to ‘fix’ the sequels. Season 3 has been overt with this (and i think it’s likely only going to get worse). It’s as if Lucasfilm doesn’t even comprehend their immense failure, and they think that a few connections in the Mandoverse will fix movies that hate each other. The Rey movie announcement only proves more how out of touch they are with what fans want.

Good luck to them! I’ll enjoy Andor over here in the corner.

Crazy thing is sequel fans destroyed Mark Hamill on Twitter when he shared a picture of the OT cast in the Falcon together with a caption ‘what could have been’ or something along those lines. I almost still can’t believe it. From a money making standpoint, from a nostalgia standpoint…i mean this is a studio that remakes their animated movies in live action just to play on nostalgia. To miss that opportunity for STAR WARS. An opportunity we will now never get again…that’s a failure on every level and I’ll never understand how that can be defended.

It is a shame- they could have done anything with these stories, and instead we got essentially a remake of A New Hope that’s worse in every way, a movie that despises Star Wars as a whole (especially Luke Skywalker) and a movie which, in trying to fix the previous movie, actually destroys the universe’s rules even more. It’s a catastrophe.

My concern with Mando has always been the push to ‘fix’ the sequels. Season 3 has been overt with this (and i think it’s likely only going to get worse). It’s as if Lucasfilm doesn’t even comprehend their immense failure, and they think that a few connections in the Mandoverse will fix movies that hate each other. The Rey movie announcement only proves more how out of touch they are with what fans want.

Good luck to them! I’ll enjoy Andor over here in the corner.
I'm not all doom and gloom, but I do think Lucasfilm severely misreads the room. Often.

Like, Mandalorian was this oasis in a desert for so many BECAUSE IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SEQUELS. It was so easy to watch it and just pretend they didn't exist. It fit nicely into the original trilogy timeline and was so far removed from the ST that it was easy to just disconnect from that dumpster fire and enjoy it on its own merits.

So removing that self-contained approach and shoving that square peg into a round hole, they'll ultimately remove the thing so many fans liked about it. Shoving the ST into the Mandalorian won't make people like the ST more; it'll just make people like Mandalorian less.

Back