The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Acolyte seems like the main female will be a Jedi, Ahsoka's show is basically the girls team from Rebels, Rey is gonna continue from the ST.

Any guesses what gender Kathleen will make the first Jedi in the James Mangold movie? KK ain't going anywhere:lol
Not bothered about them being female if they’re well written, which they probably wont be.

Not bothered about them being female if they’re well written, which they probably wont be.

I don't think anybody has ever really been bothered by the amount of female characters, it's the fact that there's a ton of data that suggests that's where the character development/story usually stops these days.

20230410_144135.jpg

That was back when this show had teeth, and occasionally showed them.

Now we got Force-flipping Grogu. You guys, Im so mad about this. Almost as mad as I was about Fett and what was done to him.
Think how someone like me feels, who was pretty show obsessed. I have the Hasbro helmet AND the Razor Crest. There was a time I looked at my modest collection and was so happy I got in at the beginning, and now I'm feeling vaguely ashamed well that was stupid.:banghead

I had picked up Rey #1 and Kylo, and all that ST came to a screeching halt. Feels like it's happening again. At the moment. I'm sick of this not-sticking-landings while animated series don't seem to have a problem telling a story and ending it well. :blissysmi

If all this were "woman hating" though, why would everyone be standing back nodding thier helmets Fett-style when Bo-Katan does something Mandalorian? Everyones like OK cool, good job Bo, Bo is actually quite awesome and what we expect to see when we hear the word "Mandalorian." She is, given her history, even more Mandalorian than Din is.

View attachment 632771

Its not that people here are hating women. Competent and powerful Mando women will always be admired. Are people smack-talking the Armorer? No.

If "the Mandalorian" can now be anyone, one thing about that is that.... Grogu cannot be everywhere. Ok lets go focus on another Mando right now, lets see Bo fight to gain and keep control of this very stubborn, labile group we call Mandalorians. The frustrating thing is that now we are, to quote MST3K "on a collision course with wackiness" instead of intergalactic bad-@ssitude. The goalposts have shifted, and my beloved space Spartans are being in essence neutered. Male or female! The things that make Mandos compelling and interesting appear to be being taken from them.

What would Kal Skirata say? What would Jaster Mereel say? i know what I say.

Good points. Additionally, as a personal preference I will always upvote MST3K quotes upon reading them.

fdvH6mj.gif

B@st@rd.;)

I was pondering how to fund Kuiil + Blurrg; now after that fan-fic level of a script it's like everything is tainted.
View attachment 633107

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2
Sadly, we can't blame KK for the casting of either of these two - it was all Favreau. His daughter brought it to his attention that both were big fans, so HE had their people reach out to offer them the roles. Black I didn't mind as much (at least he's shown in the past that he can actually act to some extent), but Lizzo's just a size XXXXL mannequin. I'm sure there were plenty of actual actresses out there that woudn't have minded landing that role, however ridiculous it seemed.

Sadly, we can't blame KK for the casting of either of these two - it was all Favreau. His daughter brought it to his attention that both were big fans, so HE had their people reach out to offer them the roles. Black I didn't mind as much (at least he's shown in the past that he can actually act to some extent), but Lizzo's just a size XXXXL mannequin. I'm sure there were plenty of actual actresses out there that woudn't have minded landing that role, however ridiculous it seemed.
Oh, am sure KK was over the moon at the idea, all those boxes she could tick off.

And with a competent actress and better script, it could have been pretty funny. It's a big galaxy, there's room for some bubble headed rich people who somehow managed not to be torched by Imperials - probably 'coz even the Sith recoiled from the evils of all the pastel butterflies and Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

Shame on Favreau apparently for resting on his laurels this season or whatever is going on with this show.:pfft:

Favreau has utterly lost it and should just be cut loose at this point. Can you imagine Tony Gilroy pulling that crap? "Oh Nicki Minaj is a fan okay great then she can be Luthen." :slap

Favreau has utterly lost it and should just be cut loose at this point. Can you imagine Tony Gilroy pulling that crap? "Oh Nicki Minaj is a fan okay great then she can be Luthen." :slap
TBH never sure who jumped the shark, Filoni or Favreau. They both have turned out some stellar narratives, scripts, performances, actor selections, ideas, etc.

Then it's like they spent some time at a spa eating herbal gummy bears and giggling while S3 was churned out. Consume enough herbage and a phone book will read like War & Peace.

Then again, we're in an age where the Acolyte actor sez basically there's no good or bad, it's just sort of where you are standing.:hammerhead:. (So blowing up a planet 'coz you're in the mood, killing children, and torture is completely acceptable). I see plenty of YT comments where folks post that the Mando episode was fantastic and anyone who didn't like it is just being a downer.

Well, it was only because coincidentally there was this one-off episode coming up featuring this bizarre world and weird characters. Still should have kept his wits about him, told his daughter to go do her homework and cast an actual ACTRESS lol.

There's only one true Season 3, and that was in BOBF. I mean that's it, right, what else was there to tell? It ended perfectly, He took Grogu to the Jedi, Grogu decided to stay with him, they ride off into the sunset ( hyperspace). The rest of their story is up to books, comics, future films. Done and done.
Instead, we have a grown man bathing in radioactive, mythosaur piss infested waters because he took his helmet off, but Bo can "walk both ways". Warriors allowing birds to eat their kids. A flippin' Grogu, who no longer has a story arc, Greef Karga trying to sell land time shares to the Mandalorians, does Mando even have a job anymore? What was up with the IG-11 story? We got a salad face pirate from the same people that brought us amazing well developed characters like Kiuill, ( the BEST character of this series, by the way) and Mayfeld, and the Client. I hope episodes 7 and 8 really ropes it all in. If it ends with Grogu being taken again, I'm out!

Back