The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect that I won't be able to undo the resentment you have about that "incident" in this episode, but here's how I resolve it in my mind:

Fett is a killer, not a fighter. If he can't fight to kill, he can be overtaken by a trained warrior. If he *could* have fought her with a kill being an option, she'd be dead.

I don't need Fett to be a technically proficient "grappler." I just need him to be the best at what he does; and what he does isn't nice. ;) And it isn't based on "takedowns" and "winning" a fight.

The Mighty Koska spared him. Koska is merciful. :lecture

I tend to agree in that, I really don't want this to be The Mandalorian coming back and now being King of Mandalore or something. I just wish they didn't have the stupid crap about the Darksaber. JUST TAKE IT. She yells at Mando for not taking his helmet off and believing all that crap, but now that it's the darksaber, she's like 'whoa hold on, I can't just TAKE IT! That's against my beliefs!'

Even if she did need to fight him he yielded so what's the difference? Does one person have to literally die or something? Doesn't sound very enlightened. Even if they had to raise arms against one another to make it official he could still just roll over like the Knight guarding the Holy Grail in TLC. Done, she wins.

Spoiler Spoiler:

:cool:

I think we may be beyond the need for spoiler tags now, but JIC

Spoiler Spoiler:

You can't make me upset today. :lol I got those last 5 minutes of bliss to replay over and over again. Killing Koska wasn't a feasible option. Otherwise she'd be Koska the corpse.

I don't know. I'm kind of emotionally drained. I liked every episode of this series except the Ashoka one....what a clunker.

When (if?) the series comes back, I'll for sure watch, but if the entire focus of the show has shifted to Clone Wars/Rebels crap I don't care about, I'll just stop watching and Episode 16 will be be the series finale for me.

This season got a little off the rails compared to the 10/10 pilot episode I fell in love with last year.

Yeah. The bloating. Season 1 IMO had the right amount of fan service. Now IMO the core arcs of the show are getting swamped with an SW character parade.

It's like I started with the most perfectly steak, surrounded by the right amount of perfectly cooked sides, and someone came along with a big mega scoop of mashed potatoes and covered up the entire plate. They might be GOOD mashed potatoes with lots of butter, garlic, and bacon, but it's still a lot of mashed potatoes.

The filet mignon is still there; I just gotta dig underneath all these d@mn potatoes for it.

In a better world, maybe there'd be a con and that kind of question could be put to Favreau - but, Covid.:(

Polygon agrees with me, more or less. But it is what it is.
Spoiler link:

I suspect that I won't be able to undo the resentment you have about that "incident" in this episode, but here's how I resolve it in my mind:

Fett is a killer, not a fighter. If he can't fight to kill, he can be overtaken by a trained warrior. If he *could* have fought her with a kill being an option, she'd be dead.

I don't need Fett to be a technically proficient "grappler." I just need him to be the best at what he does; and what he does isn't nice. ;) And it isn't based on "takedowns" and "winning" a fight.

I did make mention in one of my earlier posts about the oddity of him using the grappling cable compared to a more lethal attack (I swear after the Skiff battle and now this he should just retire that device, lol.) I *want* to accept your rationale but the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy *should* be able to take someone alive...

Sigh, I'll try and come to terms with it since I loved everything else this episode (and holy crap what a Season overall) but I just need my time to ***** and moan for a while first, lol.

At least I can pretend that he would have ended her had the scuffle not been broken up.

Last edited:
The Xwing and the robbed figure sent my emotions into overdrive, I knew they were going for the ultimate fan service scene then but didn?t know if it was going to be Sebastian Stans face, cgi or what when the hood came down.
Then I thought maybe the face would stay shrouded beneath the hood but Hamills voice would be the only reveal.
Within a week we will see deepfakes doing a better job on Luke?s face on YouTube.

When the xwing first showed up my initial thought was what is Filoni the xwing pilot (i forgot his name) going to do against an army of dark troopers...Arrest them?

:rotfl

Then literally jumped out of my chair when I saw the robe!

41c518247cd205ca8ea06c66024723ba_crop_exact.png

giphy.gif

I did make mention in one of my earlier posts about the oddity of him using the grappling cable compared to a more lethal attack (I swear after the Skiff battle and now this he should just retire that device, lol.) I *want* to accept your rationale but the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy *should* be able to take someone alive...

Sigh, I'll try and come to terms with it since I loved everything else this episode (and holy crap what a Season overall) but I just need my time to ***** and moan for a while first, lol.

Taking a conventional quarry alive is something he's more than capable of. But this is a guy who seems to prefer simply disintegrating his targets. He likely wouldn't have been needing to take someone alive who had been a trained Mandalorian warrior. And that fight was broken up. It ended with a flamethrower standoff. She'd be taken alive. I know it. You know it. Favreau knows it. :)

Agreed! Glad you can see Fett wasn't capable. :D

:lol :lol :lol

You can keep trying to be a pest, but there's no harshing my mellow today. :lol

??????? But that happened way back in Season 1, episode 1 when Mando brought in Mythrol. Din Djarin is the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy now. :D

tenor.gif

Taking a conventional quarry alive is something he's more than capable of. But this is a guy who seems to prefer simply disintegrating his targets. He likely wouldn't have been needing to take someone alive who had been a trained Mandalorian warrior. And that fight was broken up. It ended with a flamethrower standoff. She'd be taken alive. I know it. You know it. Favreau knows it. :)

I'll take it.

On another note wouldn't you say that Gideon knowing their entire rescue plan right down to who was helping him as 99% proof positive that Fett was indeed secretly in league with Gideon just as we'd hoped? :)

??????? But that happened way back in Season 1, episode 1 when Mando brought in Mythrol. Din Djarin is the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy now. :D

tenor.gif

Din has a spear; Fett has a throne. Like the king he always was and always will be.

I'll take it.

On another note wouldn't you say that Gideon knowing their entire rescue plan right down to who was helping him as 99% proof positive that Fett was indeed secretly in league with Gideon just as we'd hoped? :)

I guess it's possible, but I don't think they had that in mind when writing Fett this season. Nothing says you can't run with it, but I'm good without needing that. The guy had a new ambition post Sarlacc. Now that I've seen what he was after, I can mental gymnastics my way through whatever qualms I had/have. I just want want more now after that end credits scene. I want it so damn much. :lol

Agreed! Glad you can see Fett wasn't capable. :D

The actress here is at least obviously athletic so it doesn't bother too much because she carries some credibility with her. But it does get old seeing 95 pound women slapping around tough guys on TV. It's like part of today's society has forgotten or just willfully ignores that genetics are a real thing. There is a reason boys at a young age get a talking to about hitting girls, it's not gentlemanly nor is it fair.

Even if she did need to fight him he yielded so what's the difference? Does one person have to literally die or something? Doesn't sound very enlightened. Even if they had to raise arms against one another to make it official he could still just roll over like the Knight guarding the Holy Grail in TLC. Done, she wins.

It was great. I was ready for the boring handoff but now there is real tension. Esposito was great too, I loved how he gleefully narrated the situation:clap

Back