The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The actress here is at least obviously athletic so it doesn't bother too much because she carries some credibility with her. But it does get old seeing 95 pound women slapping around tough guys on TV. It's like part of today's society has forgotten or just willfully ignores that genetics are a real thing. There is a reason boys at a young age get a talking to about hitting girls, it's not gentlemanly nor is it fair.

Leaving aside for the moment that Koska Reeves is obviously Fett's superior, you have a point but it's a case by case basis.

When I was training I was a lightweight and regardless of weight class, we'd all spar with each other, different weight classes, men and women, different skill levels.

I've been in the ring with dudes that had a good 40 pounds on me. If they were unskilled relative to my experience, the best I could hope to do was immobilize them with my superior grappling technique. No point getting into a striking contest with someone bigger.

If their skill level was roughly equal or greater, best I could hope to do was irritate them before getting my ass beat like Boba Fett.

Women my size or slightly smaller with somewhat superior skill could *at best* hope to ring my bell once or twice, but were going to get turned into pretzels if they came into range, or usually bounced off me if they tried to sweep me or whatever.

Now if you'd put me in the ring with Rhonda Rousey, she would undoubtedly break my arm very quickly or choke me out. Not much lighter than me, (I'm now like 25-30 pounds heavier than my fighting weight was) and with exponentially greater skill and experience. I expect Carano would also kick my ass given she's

(a) 65 kg or so which makes her lighter than me right now but not by a lot.
(b) A seasoned professional fighter, whereas I was but a dedicated amateur.

It's not always cut and dry when taking experience into account.

So canonically speaking, we can only conclude that Koska is far more skilled and superior to Boba in every way. :lecture

I guess it's possible, but I don't think they had that in mind when writing Fett this season. Nothing says you can't run with it, but I'm good without needing that. The guy had a new ambition post Sarlacc. Now that I've seen what he was after, I can mental gymnastics my way through whatever qualms I had/have. I just want want more now after that end credits scene. I want it so damn much. :lol

The most important thing, and utterly undeniable IMO, is that the net result for Fett's character after this show was a positive one. And the first positive once since ESB!

Ever since ESB we got:

ROTJ: Downgrade from ESB
AOTC: Downgrade from ROTJ
Mando: Finally an upgrade over ROTJ and AOTC even if he isn't quite back to ESB glory yet. I'll take it.

And maybe he wasn't helping Gideon and simply was honoring his word to rescue Grogu. That clearly didn't make him a "good" character after walking into Jabba's Palace and having Fett openly murder everyone inside while he blew away an unarmed man who welcomed him with open arms.

The most important thing, and utterly undeniable IMO, is that the net result for Fett's character after this show was a positive one. And the first positive once since ESB!

Ever since ESB we got:

Mando: Finally an upgrade over ROTJ and AOTC even if he isn't quite back to ESB glory yet. I'll take it.

And maybe he wasn't helping Gideon and simply was honoring his word to rescue Grogu. That clearly didn't make him a "good" character after walking into Jabba's Palace and having Fett openly murder everyone inside while he blew away an unarmed man who welcomed him with open arms.

An upgrade of AOTC (and TCW) to say the ****ing least. :lol But I don't have as much of a problem as most with ROTJ Fett because I've spent about three decades resolving why things played out the way they did.

Fett came out of that Sarlacc and changed his objectives. That's my take on it now. He went into that pit and faced death... all because he was working for others. He came out of it and said, "No more!" Whatever he needed to do in order to settle his business with a fellow Mando hunter I can resolve by attributing it to wanting to assess the landscape of galactic power.

How much power does the Empire maintain? How much authority and competence does the New Republic have? What are the threats to my power when I take my throne? Those are the questions that he might've been asking, and joining Mando got him answers faster than he might've gotten them otherwise.

Satisfied with what he now knows, he went and got his throne. He's the boss. A new Fett. One that is an open book (pun semi intended). The badass OT bounty hunter pre-Sarlacc is untainted for me. Long live the reign of post-OT Fett. And if it sucks, I'll just ignore it and end my Fett canon with him sitting on that throne.

60EF7180-8131-404F-86FD-E71327547DB9.jpeg

A couple of random comments ....
I've watched the episode three times now, and still haven't fully understood what Fett says to Koska regarding the "sidekick" comment. It's basically a Star Wars equivalent of "the pot calling the kettle black", but I can't fully make it out. I guess I should turn the captions on next time.
And ... Bib Fortuna says "Maclunky" while he's talking to Fett. Just before he gets murdered. Maybe in a galaxy far, far away, that word triggers grisly death against the one who says it?

An upgrade of AOTC (and TCW) to say the ****ing least. :lol But I don't have as much of a problem as most with ROTJ Fett because I've spent about three decades resolving why things played out the way they did.

Fett came out of that Sarlacc and changed his objectives. That's my take on it now. He went into that pit and faced death... all because he was working for others. He came out of it and said, "No more!" Whatever he needed to do in order to settle his business with a fellow Mando hunter I can resolve by attributing it to wanting to assess the landscape of galactic power.

How much power does the Empire maintain? How much authority and competence does the New Republic have? What are the threats to my power when I take my throne? Those are the questions that he might've been asking, and joining Mando got him answers faster than he might've gotten them otherwise.

Satisfied with what he now knows, he went and got his throne. He's the boss. A new Fett. One that is an open book (pun semi intended). The badass OT bounty hunter pre-Sarlacc is untainted for me. Long live the reign of post-OT Fett. And if it sucks, I'll just ignore it and end my Fett canon with him sitting on that throne.

Hell yes, I love it! Yep I'm also fine with his actions this season simply being him getting his bearings as he reacquainted himself with the galaxy and got his ducks in a row to achieve what he wanted. He even did what ROTJ Luke could not; walk into palace throne room, blam, done, lol. You could even say that it retroactively reconciles "Fett the Tatooine lackey" from ROTJ and ANH:SE as all being stepping stones for his ultimate ascension in the criminal underworld.

I've watched the episode three times now, and still haven't fully understood what Fett says to Koska regarding the "sidekick" comment. It's basically a Star Wars equivalent of "the pot calling the kettle black", but I can't fully make it out. I guess I should turn the captions on next time.
And ... Bib Fortuna says "Maclunky" while he's talking to Fett. Just before he gets murdered. Maybe in a galaxy far, far away, that word triggers grisly death against the one who says it?

I did laugh at Maclunkey, lol.

As the darktroopers pound the door you can see how things are going by watching Gideon/Esposito. He transitions from glee, to concern, to terror pretty quick :lol

Hell yes, I love it! Yep I'm also fine with his actions this season simply being him getting his bearings as he reacquainted himself with the galaxy and got his ducks in a row to achieve what he wanted. He even did what ROTJ Luke could not; walk into palace throne room, blam, done, lol. You could even say that it retroactively reconciles "Fett the Tatooine lackey" from ROTJ and ANH:SE as all being stepping stones for his ultimate ascension in the criminal underworld.

Bingo! :exactly:

The post-credits scene changed everything for me. A character evolution that is easily justified by surviving what he went through in the Sarlacc.

To become the underworld boss, you can't do it alone; it's not like bounty hunting where you can survive by watching your own back. Fennec problem solved.

He'd also need a broader and fuller understanding of what kind of authority will be trying to crack down on him. Following Mando into Imperial infiltration problem solved.

Taking the throne solves all my previous issues. :yess: And get this, Khev: my issues I had with Maul being the crime boss post-OT in GL's treatment are gone with Fett. No Sith stuff. Just underworld being, um... "underworldy." :lol They can even have that premise play out now with Fett in place of Maul if they want to bring life to that aspect of GL's post-OT ideas. Amazing potential, imo. So much good came out of just five minutes. I'm floored.

HOLY ****!!!

This whole time, I haven't been as impressed as everyone else with this show. And this final episode had some script issues and dialogue clunkers that added plenty more mediocrity. I was so bummed. But then came the last 5 minutes.

WOW!!!!!

Everything else went out the window. All script problems forgiven. All nonsense character choices forgiven. All flaws of any kind forgiven. And I'm so damn glad it wasn't another Filoni character to set up yet another spinoff. :clap

Thank you Jon Favreau! I didn't even know how much I wanted that until I got it. I'm totally blown away. Nothing but gratitude right now.

If every SW show from here on out is crap, and ruins anything about the OT for me (I'm looking at you Hayden vs. Ewan), it won't matter. This episode ended in a way that I can easily consider the end of the line and be perfectly happy if need be.

And I've already resolved the Fett problem in my head, and am so onboard with that post credits scene. So ****ing perfect! Thank you again Jon Favreau!

Everyone should be thanking Jon Favreau. And I completely agree that no matter what I can be happy now. This can be the Star Wars endpoint if need be and the rest can be tuned out. But with Favreau still running the show I am confident more fun is still coming :clap

This was the first episode where I found myself noticing lackluster music and pedestrian direction. There just wasn't a lot of style or excitement to the photography including Mando fighting the DT and MG or even Luke's onslaught. The music was barely noticeable as well compared to other episodes where it really enhanced the action. Peyton guy needs to go, he was the least of all directors this season.

Fortunately the wow moments of the narrative overshadowed the lackluster direction. He did handle the Grogu face touching moment perfectly so I'll at least give him that.

Hmm this one i will have to partly disagree.

While he is no Rick Famuyiwa I was surprised how much he has improved and I actually think he did a much better job than RR lol

I watch everything with subtitles on for a while now, occasionally you'll see a response before it comes on screen or something like that, but for stuff like that and whatever Cara Dune was going off on later in the episode, makes it easier to just go through once. But yeah it was a pot calling the kettle black thing.

Ever since ESB we got:

Wait wait wait.

Now that I think about it he abandoned the strike team and never returned to even see if they needed help or succeeded at anything he went straight to get his throne.

I mean he knew grogu called upon a jedi so he knew there was the chance of one showing up but he still dipped.

That sir was a bastard move lol :yess:

At least it seems that way because the strike team never once said hey were is Fett he is coming back to help us fight these DT right lol

Everyone should be thanking Jon Favreau. And I completely agree that no matter what I can be happy now. This can be the Star Wars endpoint if need be and the rest can be tuned out. But with Favreau still running the show I am confident more fun is still coming :clap

My hope is that with Filoni getting the Ahsoka show to work on, that Fett's show will be all Favreau. I respect the heck out of Filoni for being the preeminent LFL authority on SW across all eras, and I obviously respect him for being a huge fan, but I don't like his creative direction. Don't like it at all! I much prefer the direction that I think can be attributed to Favreau. Something much closer to being grounded the way the OT was. Let Filoni go play with his "World Between Worlds" in the Ahsoka show so his fans can have that and let me have Favreau be entirely in charge of Fett's crime boss show.

And now that a certain Jedi has been brought into this, all options are on the table with Fett's crime syndicate... with Thrawn... with all the possible EU adaptations. There's a window of 5 to 10 years of post-OT Mando timeline that are pretty much free for all sorts of awesome stuff being done with youknowwho being at least somewhat involved with it. Sky is the limit.

Wait wait wait.

Now that I think about it he abandoned the strike team and never returned to even see if they needed help or succeeded at anything he went straight to get his throne.

I mean he knew grogu called upon a jedi so he knew there was the chance of one showing up but he still dipped.

That sir was a bastard move lol :yess:

At least it seems that way because the strike team never once said hey were is Fett he is coming back to help us fight these DT right lol

So Boba lands and runs into the guy who was partly responsible for a detour into the Sarlacc pitt, it’s not going to end any better during a reunion scene.

Back