The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was definitely some captain obvious clunky dialogue in this episode hell every episode lol

You got that right. More so in this episode than any other in season two for me. Major mixed feelings about the season ender for sure. Major mixed feelings.

Bingo! :exactly:

The post-credits scene changed everything for me. A character evolution that is easily justified by surviving what he went through in the Sarlacc.

To become the underworld boss, you can't do it alone; it's not like bounty hunting where you can survive by watching your own back. Fennec problem solved.

He'd also need a broader and fuller understanding of what kind of authority will be trying to crack down on him. Following Mando into Imperial infiltration problem solved.

Taking the throne solves all my previous issues. :yess: And get this, Khev: my issues I had with Maul being the crime boss post-OT in GL's treatment are gone with Fett. No Sith stuff. Just underworld being, um... "underworldy." :lol They can even have that premise play out now with Fett in place of Maul if they want to bring life to that aspect of GL's post-OT ideas. Amazing potential, imo. So much good came out of just five minutes. I'm floored.

So true on all points, well said. :duff

And yep forget you Maul, hail to the one true king. :yess:

maxresdefault.jpg

50733873577_f935c63b8e_o.png

Wait wait wait.

Now that I think about it he abandoned the strike team and never returned to even see if they needed help or succeeded at anything he went straight to get his throne.

I mean he knew grogu called upon a jedi so he knew there was the chance of one showing up but he still dipped.

That sir was a bastard move lol :yess:

At least it seems that way because the strike team never once said hey were is Fett he is coming back to help us fight these DT right lol

Well he did reunite with Fennec though I suppose he could have just waited for her on Tatooine. But I did find it interesting in retrospect that he didn't park the Slave I and assist since as soon as they landed the shuttle they came out guns blazing anyway, lol.

Well he did reunite with Fennec though I suppose he could have just waited for her on Tatooine. But I did find it interesting in retrospect that he didn't park the Slave I and assist since as soon as they landed the shuttle they came out guns blazing anyway, lol.

Then he didn't even care if Fennec lived :yess:

Din has a spear; Fett has a throne. Like the king he always was and always will be.

Well, he's king of an underworld that (judging by who he's replacing on the throne) has lost quite a bit of its influence/luster. Which would explain why those Gamorrean guards were looking like they'd lost weight - very little left over after Bib Fortuna gorged himself lol...

:lol I dunno what you're talking about.

View attachment 501655

:rotfl

I'm surprised no one's claimed that she didn't actually flip him but rather he used the old Ani spin trick. :lol

An upgrade of AOTC (and TCW) to say the ****ing least. :lol But I don't have as much of a problem as most with ROTJ Fett because I've spent about three decades resolving why things played out the way they did.

Fett came out of that Sarlacc and changed his objectives. That's my take on it now. He went into that pit and faced death... all because he was working for others. He came out of it and said, "No more!" Whatever he needed to do in order to settle his business with a fellow Mando hunter I can resolve by attributing it to wanting to assess the landscape of galactic power.

How much power does the Empire maintain? How much authority and competence does the New Republic have? What are the threats to my power when I take my throne? Those are the questions that he might've been asking, and joining Mando got him answers faster than he might've gotten them otherwise.

Satisfied with what he now knows, he went and got his throne. He's the boss. A new Fett. One that is an open book (pun semi intended). The badass OT bounty hunter pre-Sarlacc is untainted for me. Long live the reign of post-OT Fett. And if it sucks, I'll just ignore it and end my Fett canon with him sitting on that throne.

I like this take. Not as much as I've enjoyed tormenting Jye & Khev, but I like it! That would set up The Book of Boba Fett quite nicely. :clap

Wait wait wait.

Now that I think about it he abandoned the strike team and never returned to even see if they needed help or succeeded at anything he went straight to get his throne.

I mean he knew grogu called upon a jedi so he knew there was the chance of one showing up but he still dipped.

That sir was a bastard move lol :yess:

At least it seems that way because the strike team never once said hey were is Fett he is coming back to help us fight these DT right lol

So I guess Fennec Shand hitched a ride there with someone else. :lol

Everyone should be thanking Jon Favreau. And I completely agree that no matter what I can be happy now. This can be the Star Wars endpoint if need be and the rest can be tuned out.

Honestly this episode might have served as the greatest act of healing across all contingents of the fandom, lol.

For ST haters you got your "Luke in his prime post-OT" moment.
For PT haters we got a redemption of Jango Clone Fett.
For dismayed Fett fans from the OT he now reigns as king.
For ST fans who were shocked that the new trilogy led off with barely a word on how the FO randomly rose from the ashes of the Empire now we have a better picture of how that happened. They even threw in some references to Force-sensitive clone experimentation to set the stage a bit for TROS Palps.
TCW/Filoni fans got their due, just so much yes "fan service" spread around but in an organic way that served the story.

What an accomplishment.

I'm now trying to imagine an alternate universe where Disney bought SW and then led off with maybe RO and then went right into Mando. Then TFA. I imagine people having such an easier time accepting the events of the ST having already gotten satisfied with the return of Luke and a remnant Empire screwing around with Force clones. And for new generations of fans going forward that's how they'll get to watch the story play out if they so choose.

Honestly this episode might have served as the greatest act of healing across all contingents of the fandom, lol.

For ST fans who were shocked that the new trilogy led off with barely a word on how the FO randomly rose from the ashes of the Empire now we have a better picture of how that happened. They even threw in some references to Force-sensitive clone experimentation to set the stage a bit for TROS Palps.
TCW/Filoni fans got their due, just so much yes "fan service" spread around but in an organic way that served the story.

What an accomplishment.

I'm now trying to imagine an alternate universe where Disney bought SW and then led off with maybe RO and then went right into Mando. Then TFA. I imagine people having such an easier time accepting the events of the ST having already gotten satisfied with the return of Luke and a remnant Empire screwing around with Force clones. And for new generations of fans going forward that's how they'll get to watch the story play out if they so choose.

EPIC

JUST EPIC

ALSO KHEV ARE YOU READY!!!

AJP FIXED MY FETT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!

HE DID IT KHEV I AM HEALED!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM HEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thud:

Screw that little Mando wench Fett got his throne and he still slammed her face into that table lol

EPIC

JUST EPIC

Screw that little Mando wench Fett got his throne and he still slammed her face into that table lol

:lol :lol

Yep, totally agree. ajp has the take to end all takes on this one. :yess:

The only way the last scene could have been even better is if when Fett walked into the throne room the three ROTJ SE dancers were there and he took a page from Clarence Bodicker's book and just said "bitches leave" as he walked past, lol.

They were sooooo *******D lol

I actually did find myself thinking "um okay how ARE they going to handle that many Dark Troopers," lol. And then "oh wonderful here comes Filoni leading the New Republic cavalry." Nope! :rock

What an accomplishment.

I'm far too happy to quarrel much about the ST today but I'll never accept it. It was just so awful and did so much damage to the franchise, universe, and it's characters. Luke Skywalker will always be the optimistic Jedi hero who actually shows up when called, and now the master everyone who grew up playing with his Kenner figures imagined he would be.

I'm far too happy to quarrel much about the ST today but I'll never accept it. It was just so awful and did so much damage to the franchise, universe, and it's characters. Luke Skywalker will always be the optimistic Jedi hero who actually shows up when called, and now the master everyone who grew up playing with his Kenner figures imagined he would be.

Oh quit your whining you don't need to accept anything, lol. I said that this episode still gave you a post-OT Luke moment to hold onto so now it should be that much easier for you to quit complaining about the ST. :D

Accept it, dismiss it, whatever. We all have our satisfying post-OT SW now. :duff

EPIC

JUST EPIC

So maybe Boba & Fennec will start making little Fetts that don't sound exactly like their clone ancestors. A Fett underworld dynasty to succeed the Hutts. The name has the same amount of letters too, so there shouldn't be a price increase for the new stationery. :chase

Oh quit your whining you don't need to accept anything, lol. I said that this episode still gave you a post-OT Luke moment to hold onto so now it should be that much easier for you to quit complaining about the ST. :D

Accept it, dismiss it, whatever. We all have our satisfying post-OT SW now. :duff

Well fair enough. I've rewatched the scene multiple times now. That last darktrooper gets literally force trash compacted, holy ****!!!

Well, if it did THAT much damage you'd have washed your hands of all things SW and wouldn't be discussing Mando here and now. But that's my take - you're entitled to yours. :duff

:lol :lol

Yep, totally agree. ajp has the take to end all takes on this one. :yess:

The only way the last scene could have been even better is if when Fett walked into the throne room the three ROTJ SE dancers were there and he took a page from Clarence Bodicker's book and just said "bitches leave" as he walked past, lol.

I actually did find myself thinking "um okay how ARE they going to handle that many Dark Troopers," lol. And then "oh wonderful here comes Filoni leading the New Republic cavalry." Nope! :rock

:lol :lol :lol

Filoni Squadron lol

I liked it that Fett has no time for slave bitches hence the Twi being set free.

lulz

So maybe Boba & Fennec will start making little Fetts that don't sound exactly like their clone ancestors. A Fett underworld dynasty to succeed the Hutts. The name has the same amount of letters too, so there shouldn't be a price increase for the new stationery. :chase

Actually can you or anyone else breakdown that whole mandalorian-clone dialog exchange between Bo and Fett.

Didn't he tell Mando that Jango was a mandalorian.

Bo and Boba lol

Yeah, that was impressive. After that there should be no doubt he's Vader's son. :lol

:lol :lol :lol

Wow.... what an episode. What an ending. I'm blown away how good this show just became.

Skywalker got to do what every fan wanted to see him do just like Vader did in RO.

This single TV episode is the best glue Star Wars trilogies has ever had.

Back