The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I found a little lazy was

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I acknowledge that it's a small nitpick in light of everything else.

I watched it about 9 hours ago and I'm still buzzing with adrenaline.

I haven't been surprised by a TV show or movie since Ned Stark got his damn head chopped off.

I actually said "OH MY GOD....OH MY GOD" as the scene unfolded.

I'm glad I live alone and nobody witnessed me actually crying and freaking out like that Eric Butts *******. But it happened. I haven't cried like this watching TV since the Cavs won Game 7 in 2016.

The way everything is overhyped to death these days, this moment will probably be forgotten by the general public in a week. But this is gonna live on for me forever. This was like my personal "Who Shot JR?" or "Last episode of MASH/Cheers/Seinfeld" moment.

I felt like a 80's kid watching Star Wars for the first time since I actually was an 80's kid watching Star Wars almost four decades ago. I couldn't believe that they did it!

Spoiler Spoiler:

It is a big jump but no problem considering Grogu's age/lifespan. He could be a young adult at that point, trained, and ready to lead the Jedi.

One thing I found a little lazy was

Spoiler Spoiler:

But I acknowledge that it's a small nitpick in light of everything else.

Actually he is a little different, it's all dark clothes no more grey of the vest.

I was freaking out thinking if Fett was jumping back into the scene to meet him even in a friendly way with Luke on his way out it would have worked with Luke doing a double take lol

Fett calling him Jedi.

Khev are you sitting.

Want me to redeem Fett for us even if for just a little.

Are you sitting!!

We finally got our KING CONAN BUT FETT!

Did you see how he was sitting on the throne at the end.

Everyone please repeat after me:

:thud:

Um did you not read post #6829. :thwak

I did like the post credits scene and didn't mind
Spoiler Spoiler:

:lol :yess:

It would be easy to fix but just the fact that Favreau, Filoni, Ant-Man director, Temuera Morrison, and everyone else filming that one scene with Mando chick and not a single one of them thought "hmm, how will the audience react to a 40 year fan favorite character getting embarrassed by a no-name chick" gives me very little confidence that they will.

I'm sorry Kev - but srsly there's a lot of the paying audience who just think Fett pretty much died in the Sarlacc; well OK, he's back - they're not gonna be fazed. Especially since no-name chick is a known WWE wrestler.

Personally wouldn't have handled the scene that way - since it was laying it on too thick re girl power IMO - but Filoni. The same guy who has a lot of girl power in both series he's involved with (Clone Wars/Rebels). Tho I did like the 4 ladies on the ship getting down to business.

Favreau and Filoni knew exactly what they were doing. But hey, Boba's getting his own show.

Fett was completely ruined.

Absolutely horrible just horrible.

My Fett doesn't need Mulan doing his dirty work for him when he arrives at a job.

My Fett doesn't honor commitments he only has double crosses and only honors himself.

My Fett doesn't say "Just be safe" unless he is double crossing.

He could've had his way with the Mando mission and still went and claimed his new throne at the end.

meh he was bested by lame single small Mandalorian.

Take all the collective Rey Mary Sue hate of the past five years, triple it then set it on fire and that will only give you a fraction of how much I despise the new nobody Mando chick, lol.

It would be easy to fix but just the fact that Favreau, Filoni, Ant-Man director, Temuera Morrison, and everyone else filming that one scene with Mando chick and not a single one of them thought "hmm, how will the audience react to a 40 year fan favorite character getting embarrassed by a no-name chick" gives me very little confidence that they will.

I think you guys are blowing it WAY out of proportion. We had an episode of Fett kicking ass against Stormtroopers already. He's obviously older and also physically damaged from the Sarlacc pit. Also you know Sasha Banks is a wrestler right? To me that was a nod towards that in that she's not easy to beat hand to hand.

I thought it was odd that
Spoiler Spoiler:

I find it even odder he didn't even tell them his name, or like 'hey, I blew up the first Death Star and had a hand in the second.' Cara Dune at least should've reacted.

I know the one glove look is kind of "his thing".....but why on earth didn't Luke just get his fake hand FIXED? It's not like they didn't have the technology.

Even dumber in those stupid movies where he just walks around with a completely cyborg hand hanging out for no reason.

Because he's a Jedi and they aren't supposed to be vain? :dunno, maybe it's also a reminder that he could always have became the next Vader.

Nobody or no she's still a Mandalorian, Boba isn't. They are the greatest warriors in the Galaxy. I don't think it's forced at all, it was a pretty even fight, he whooped her, she whooped him, ended in a stalemate with the flamethrowers.

There are way bigger problems and inconsitencies in this episode than everyones precious Boba Fett being beat up.

Sorry Jye and Khev, but This Is The Way lol.

Why does Luke Skywalker have to show up? It's called "Star Wars" not "Skywalkers". We've yet to have one piece of Star Wars media on screen that doesn't have a Skywalker in it in some capacity. Just give us something totally disconnected from that name for once.

Why can't Bo-Katan take the Darksaber? She had zero issues taking it from Sabine in Rebels without a fight. She also ripped on Mando for his "way" for not taking his helmet off etc. yet she can't see past her own "honour". They also could have just had a friendly non-lethal fight over it, she would have won anyway.

How the hell did Gideon best Bo-Katan in a fight to get the Darksaber? Man cant fight for ****.

Maclunkey.

You're assuming he fought her to obtain it. Gideon's not a Mandalorian, so he's not bound by any code when it comes to taking possession of the Darksaber.

Her name is Koska Reeves. And that name will eat away at your BF fandom for all eternity. :rotfl

Sorry, couldn't resist! :wave

Don't know what else can be said - that was jaw dropping!!! Just an emotional overload...

I don't think I've been this overwhelmed in the month of December by Star Wars since Christmas of '78 when I opened my Kenner Death Star. :lol

Also you know Sasha Banks is a wrestler right?

No I have never seen her before in my life. But doing a google image search on that name does make me hate her less, but only a little. :lol

Her name is Koska Reeves. And that name will eat away at your BF fandom for all eternity. :rotfl

:lol :lol

Bring out the human stew and orgies, lol.

The level of Star Wars graphic violence has certainly escalated, perhaps this isn't out of the question;)

Fett's Emporium will make Slave Leia's bikini look like it belongs in a Saturday morning cartoon :yess:

Koska Reeve is my new favourite SW character. When Hot Toys releases her I?m gonna pose her standing over the prone body of that overrated has-been Boba Fett. :rock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The level of Star Wars graphic violence has certainly escalated, perhaps this isn't out of the question;)

Fett's Emporium will make Slave Leia's bikini look like it belongs in a Saturday morning cartoon :yess:

Here's hoping, lol.

Man I can't believe after the tidal wave of new show announcements at the Disney Investor's Meeting that they somehow saved the biggest for a post-credits scene. :rock

I think you guys are blowing it WAY out of proportion. We had an episode of Fett kicking ass against Stormtroopers already. He's obviously older and also physically damaged from the Sarlacc pit. Also you know Sasha Banks is a wrestler right? To me that was a nod towards that in that she's not easy to beat hand to hand.

I find it even odder he didn't even tell them his name, or like 'hey, I blew up the first Death Star and had a hand in the second.' Cara Dune at least should've reacted.

I did think he was a tad bit cold towards everyone lol

Because he's a Jedi and they aren't supposed to be vain? :dunno, maybe it's also a reminder that he could always have became the next Vader.

Oh snap I think he got you Oto lol

Yep the saving grace of that episode is that Fett becomes part Conan, part Thulsa Doom. :clap: Bring out the human stew and orgies, lol.

Holy crap lol

Sorry Jye and Khev, but This Is The Way lol.

You're assuming he fought her to obtain it. Gideon's not a Mandalorian, so he's not bound by any code when it comes to taking possession of the Darksaber.

Savage just savage have you no pitty no remorse no empathy!

D**K lol

The violence is now over the top crazy it's worse than Fury Road lol

Hell even in the last episode of S1 the mando lady with the spiked helmet thru a trooper face first into the forge and they lingered on him burning and screaming.

Back