The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3FAF8122-9639-41F0-A0B8-D8CB78E65443.jpeg

What's everyone's predictions for episode 8 then?
Dunno if they would go for the Mythosaur but Bo said something about all kinds of critters being disturbed, so *realistically* Din could get a moment in (since this was his show). Like as he is being dragged to interrogation, they get jumped by an irritated dinosaur which gives Din time to get loose. Meanwhile Bo ought to know where some explosives etc. are stashed since it's her home and weaponizes Grogu while she is at it. Din pulls a scene from Rebels/TFA and gets to one of Gideon's ships and starts raining fire. The Armorer is on the way back, gets there's a problem and joins in chasing Gideon out.

The last scene is a hologram of Thrawn telling Gideon it's unfortunate he's an idiot and he will be seeing him shortly.

That's the tropey but happy version. The unhappy version is some dragged out cliffhanger with Din getting tortured and Bo abandoned and hiding with Grogu, forcing everyone to watch the Ahsoka show.

Last edited:
Dunno if they would go for the Mythosaur but Bo said something about all kinds of critters being disturbed, so *realistically* Din could get a moment in (since this was his show). Like as he is being dragged to interrogation, they get jumped by an irritated dinosaur which gives Din time to get loose. Meanwhile Bo ought to know where some explosives etc. are stashed since it's her home and weaponizes Grogu while she is at it. Din pulls a scene from Rebels/TFA and gets to one of Gideon's ships and starts raining fire. The Armorer is on the way back, gets there's a problem and joins in chasing Gideon out.

The last scene is a hologram of Thrawn telling Gideon it's unfortunate he's an idiot and he will be seeing him shortly.

That's the tropey but happy version. The unhappy version is some dragged out cliffhanger with Din getting tortured and Bo abandoned and hiding with Grogu, forcing everyone to watch the Ahsoka show.
I hope it's more like the former. :pray:

Am I the only one curious as to when Gideon started Project Cultural Appropriation? Until just recently he's been in custody after Din, Bo and company rescued Grogu from his clutches and Luke made mincemeat of his last pet project, the Dark Troopers. I guess we have to assume that this was being worked on in parallel and took longer to come to fruition? It does beg the questions (a) who is his second in command that's been keeping things on schedule while he patiently waited for the opportunity to escape, (b) when did he get measured for his new suit and (c) did he lose any weight in prison and have to get it altered?

Yeah for myself think cliffhangers are annoying.

If I really wanted to stretch it, suppose a really desperate Bo could try to roust the Mythosaur, probably with Grogu's help. She knows it's in the pool.
How big is the Mythosaur supposed to be? After all the other giant monsters that they've had in this show to date, it will probably need to be Kaiju-sized in order to impress now. Which.....I must admit, would impress the hell out of me lol...

From the industry side, I was told Pascal has said he wants off the show. He's not happy for various reasons. I've heard that from two different people. So take that for what it's worth. So Filoni and Favreau might have been better off picking someone else to start. The general writing convention in the past season keeps foreshadowing that Djarin is going to die sooner than later.
Didn't Pedro just say publicly when the season started that he hopes to keep playing Mando for years to come? I'm not sure I buy him wanting off the show. People are always looking to stir stuff up. He seems to love the character, and why wouldn't he? He hardly does anything. I think season 2 was the only one he was really around for outside of just showing up to record his voice lines. He's got two doubles who do most of his work for him and yet he gets full credit for everything, and he's only gotten a bigger star because that's allowed him to do The Last of Us simultaneously.

I think KK changing things at the last minute and saying Grogu had to be involved in this season really screwed with Din's story and is why Katee has become the defacto lead. They had to rewrite a lot of stuff. Doesn't help that Pedro was busy with another show during the entire production and Gideon didn't show up until the end of the season even though Giancarlo said he thought he'd be much more prominent in season 3.

I think a lot of the original plans just had to be scrapped to accommodate Grogu - which further pushes the point that the show has a massive Grogu problem.

How big is the Mythosaur supposed to be? After all the other giant monsters that they've had in this show to date, it will probably need to be Kaiju-sized in order to impress now. Which.....I must admit, would impress the hell out of me lol...

Every fan art I've seen, it's huge....yep, Kaiju size. I'd GUESS maybe 1/3 size larger than a Krait dragon?
https://gamerant.com/star-wars-mandalorian-mythosaur-facts-trivia-lore/#they-were-tamed-by-mandalore-the-great

myth.jpg

Think they've done a great job rendering the critters all through Mando. It would explain why the show takes so long. A Mythosaur - the first ever on screen - will get a lot of attention.

But not gonna get excited, F&F could easily have a wimpy finale, after all, Favreau had that slap fight at the end of IM2, even tho he should have known better. :monkey3
But, for me, if Cara and the New Republic were to buzz in, *having been long suspicious at activity in that sector*.....no, it'll never get that good. 😁

Didn't Pedro just say publicly when the season started that he hopes to keep playing Mando for years to come? I'm not sure I buy him wanting off the show. People are always looking to stir stuff up. He seems to love the character, and why wouldn't he? He hardly does anything. I think season 2 was the only one he was really around for outside of just showing up to record his voice lines. He's got two doubles who do most of his work for him and yet he gets full credit for everything, and he's only gotten a bigger star because that's allowed him to do The Last of Us simultaneously.

I think KK changing things at the last minute and saying Grogu had to be involved in this season really screwed with Din's story and is why Katee has become the defacto lead. They had to rewrite a lot of stuff. Doesn't help that Pedro was busy with another show during the entire production and Gideon didn't show up until the end of the season even though Giancarlo said he thought he'd be much more prominent in season 3.

I think a lot of the original plans just had to be scrapped to accommodate Grogu - which further pushes the point that the show has a massive Grogu problem.
Did this happen, tho it wouldn't surprise me re toy sales. Tho Grogu hasn't done that much either except that one episode and even then it was a lot of Bo.

Yeah for myself think cliffhangers are annoying.

If I really wanted to stretch it, suppose a really desperate Bo could try to roust the Mythosaur, probably with Grogu's help. She knows it's in the pool.
The Grogu angle is a solid guess as they like to demonstrate his ability with creatures and that would put him squarely in the mix...in his new Tony Stark IG-12 body...and I'm here for it! :)

Every fan art I've seen, it's huge....yep, Kaiju size. I'd GUESS maybe 1/3 size larger than a Krait dragon?
https://gamerant.com/star-wars-mandalorian-mythosaur-facts-trivia-lore/#they-were-tamed-by-mandalore-the-great

View attachment 633729

Think they've done a great job rendering the critters all through Mando. It would explain why the show takes so long. A Mythosaur - the first ever on screen - will get a lot of attention.

But not gonna get excited, F&F could easily have a wimpy finale, after all, Favreau had that slap fight at the end of IM2, even tho he should have known better. :monkey3
But, for me, if Cara and the New Republic were to buzz in, *having been long suspicious at activity in that sector*.....no, it'll never get that good. 😁
Cara? Who’s Cara? 😋

The Grogu angle is a solid guess as they like to demonstrate his ability with creatures and that would put him squarely in the mix...in his new Tony Stark IG-12 body...and I'm here for it! :)
Holy cr@p didn't think of it, maybe Grogu tames and rides the Mythosaur to save his Daddy.
yodasith.jpg

Either way watching a rampaging Grogu would be hilarious.....good, good, let the HATE flow through you... :lol

Did this happen, tho it wouldn't surprise me re toy sales. Tho Grogu hasn't done that much either except that one episode and even then it was a lot of Bo.
I know I read an article about it around the time the season started, and it's been mentioned a few times on here. Apparently the idea really was to have him go off with Luke and maybe come back around someday. The focus was to be much more on Din (as opposed to Grogu and getting him back to where he belonged) in season 3, while setting up this bigger Moff Gideon picture. Then apparently Kennedy objected, probably due to merchandising concerns, and that's likely why season 3 is such a disjointed mess.

Would be nice if Iger would just promoted Filoni to the head of Lucasfilm already. Maybe him running the show on his own movie is a step towards that.

I know I read an article about it around the time the season started, and it's been mentioned a few times on here. Apparently the idea really was to have him go off with Luke and maybe come back around someday. The focus was to be much more on Din (as opposed to Grogu and getting him back to where he belonged) in season 3, while setting up this bigger Moff Gideon picture. Then apparently Kennedy objected, probably due to merchandising concerns, and that's likely why season 3 is such a disjointed mess.

Would be nice if Iger would just promoted Filoni to the head of Lucasfilm already. Maybe him running the show on his own movie is a step towards that.
Well, pffft. I found Mando's mourning after Grogu tho he carried on pretty touching, as well as saying a lot about his stoic/honorable character. Needless to say buzzing through the reunion could have been done better. This series has had an issue with things that should be given more weight just rushed through, tho not always. And personally I was watching the series to see how Din would evolve; and not making more use of Moff Gideon is a waste.

And if true, KK really needs to go back to her office and just write the checks.

Back